No Cowboy's threads?

Three days before kickoff in Dallas and no one is predicting or discussing the game coming this Sunday.  It will be interesting to see if McFadden and Morris can do the damage to the Chiefs' run defense that Elliot would have, but there's a bad feeling about it.  The odds makers have the game as near even, but unless the defense tightens up, the Chiefs will lose.  I do think Hunt will be more effective.  Running against the Donks and Steeler lines is as tough as it gets.  If Beasley is out (probably not), that would be huge and leave Dez as the only obvious threat.

Prediction:  'Boys 31....Chiefs 27

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three days before kickoff in Dallas and no one is predicting or discussing the game coming this Sunday.  It will be interesting to see if McFadden and Morris can do the damage to the Chiefs' run defense that Elliot would have, but there's a bad feeling about it.  The odds makers have the game as near even, but unless the defense tightens up, the Chiefs will lose.  I do think Hunt will be more effective.  Running against the Donks and Steeler lines is as tough as it gets.  If Beasley is out (probably not), that would be huge and leave Dez as the only obvious threat.

Prediction:  'Boys 31....Chiefs 27

The Dallas defense is nowhere near the Pit or Donks defense and with that in mind, I see our offense having some fun on Sunday. I watched the Washington game and Washington really could have taken that game if they weren't so banged up all through the side. Also, Dallas have conceded 42, 35 and 35 in three of their matches. We've not conceded that many points in any game this season. And the games where we did allow more than 30 were because of points that came in garbage time against Oakland and Texas. 

The Dallas defense is nowhere near the Pit or Donks defense and with that in mind, I see our offense having some fun on Sunday. I watched the Washington game and Washington really could have taken that game if they weren't so banged up all through the side. Also, Dallas have conceded 42, 35 and 35 in three of their matches. We've not conceded that many points in any game this season. And the games were we did allow more than 30 were because of points that came in garbage time against Oakland and Texas. 

Bryant was limited in practice today, but is expected to be a full strength on Sunday.  Same with Beasley.  Dallas can't focus on Hunt as much as the Donks.  They don't have the CBs to go one on one with Hill.

Anyone think Reid will change the plan and keep Peters on Dez all night?

w

Exttemely unlikely. I'd bracket Dez on the "weak" side. Although it's interesting we play cover 2 less than any other team in the NFL and cover 1 more than any other team. I guess you could just roll Parker in that single high toward Dez and take you chances man up elsewhere.

LOL that Zeke stuff is a JOKE!!..oh well I guess there will be no excuses for the cowboys now if/when we win. We've faced Brady, Watson, Wentz etc and came out on top. Yes, Zeke could run is ragged on Sunday, but he won't help that defense and that's what matters. Pit had Bell and a solid defense, the same isn't true of the Cowboys. 

This kind of stuff is just ugly for this league. Goodell needs to make damn sure he is working within parameters of CBA. And likewise they should make all players sign a waiver they can't use court system only preapproved mistral arbitrator to settle disputes.

This puts us at clear competitive disadvantage having to prepare for different running backs.

Unfortunately Elliot will run all over the KC defense. Dallas will control the clock.  This one will not be close. 35-17 Dallas

And how do they stop Hunt, Kelce and Hill? Let's remember, their defense is no better than ours. The stats underline the fact that we've got a better offense than them, fullstop. So if it's a shootout then I'm all for it. 

Predictions. Some of them I hope I am wrong.

1. Alex Smith will throw three touchdowns and one of them will be lucky to make up for Harris's drop. 300+ yards.

2. Smith will throw an interception at the end of the first half but it won't matter due to time left. It might even be taking a shot for a big play that he wouldn't have in the past.

3. Hunt will score twice. Not sure if they are both receptions or one and one.

4. Butkicker will disappoint - either by making "only" there field goals or missing a deeeep attempt.

5. Elliott will run wild for a quarter but otherwise be contained.

6. Peters will fumble the ball.

7. No passes from Hill.

8. Kelce TD, but his blocking will help most. I don't know. Not good at predicting.

9. I will watch the game delayed in spite of all my efforts.

10. What underwear I wear will continue to prove inconsequential but confuse me on whether it works or not. Particularly from not ever paying attention to what I wore so I won't remember.

Archived