No Cowboy's threads?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest fear is their o line. They are strong enough to open gaps at will and provide pass protection. Don't get me wrong..they are tough..but can take a loss with Zeke in. But the overall game prep for this has to be exhausting imo. They have a hall of fame TE and WR to go to..with 2nd year QB and RB that need to be respected.

LDT is back for this game, so our strongest O-line (bar Ehinger) is back in action which should hopefully mean Kareem goes crazy again. IF we get that young man rolling then I don't see how Dallas stop us tbh. Oh and Ford is out so it's gonna be very interesting to see who steps in. Ragland? Kpass? I'm actually excited to see something new back there as we all know Ford is one dimensional. Maybe Hali could step in aswell if he's fit enough.

Unfortunately Elliot will run all over the KC defense. Dallas will control the clock.  This one will not be close. 35-17 Dallas

The Chiefs have lost only 1 of the last 36 games by more than a TD. That's an almost unbelievable stat that shows the consistency of this team and how we keep ourselves in games even when we play poorly like Pittsburgh. That said, we look really short handed this week, it's a short week and the offense is just due to turn it over.

I wouldn't play any player who's really questionable. Three weeks without any real contact can really help the body and get us in the second half of the season potentially as healthy as we've been since week 1. I still think we will be highly competitive though.

The Chiefs have lost only 1 of the last 36 games by more than a TD. That's an almost unbelievable stat that shows the consistency of this team and how we keep ourselves in games even when we play poorly like Pittsburgh. That said, we look really short handed this week, it's a short week and the offense is just due to turn it over.

I wouldn't play any player who's really questionable. Three weeks without any real contact can really help the body and get us in the second half of the season potentially as healthy as we've been since week 1. I still think we will be highly competitive though.

LOL it always makes me laugh when folks talk about what's "due" :D ...the bottom line is we'll either play to our potential, or we won't. Speculation means very little in this game. The fact is Dallas have barely faced any sides with winning records whilst we've had the third toughest schedule on the books. We're battled hardened here and we've seen everything Dallas will throw at us in the eight games we've played already. But are they ready for Kelce? Are they ready for Hill? Are they ready for Hunt? Let's see.  

LOL it always makes me laugh when folks talk about what's "due" :D ...the bottom line is we'll either play to our potential, or we won't. Speculation means very little in this game. The fact is Dallas have barely faced any sides with winning records whilst we've had the third toughest schedule on the books. We're battled hardened here and we've seen everything Dallas will throw at us in the eight games we've played already. But are they ready for Kelce? Are they ready for Hill? Are they ready for Hunt? Let's see.

It's like flipping a coin. If you flip it nine times and it lands on heads, you still have a 50% chance of landing on heads again. But people that say the tails was due. And when it lands on tails, they say I told you so without knowing anything about mathematics.

So it's true that if you flip a coin 10 times you have a good likelihood of getting five it's a five tails, but tendencies don't tell you anything about individual flips. Nothing tells us that we were definitely going to lose the Oakland game just because we had a short week and lost last time on a short week to them.

We have 2 turnovers in 8 games and our QB is nearing an all time record for passes without an ING to start a season. Now it's no fluke we are good at holding onto the ball. But when your reaching historical levels, the word due absolutely applies. Doesn't mean it will happen, but the likelihood of us keeping up this incredible pace isn't very good. Then again we defied all odds by not throwing a TD pass to a WR all season so odds don't always work out.

This kind of stuff is just ugly for this league. Goodell needs to make damn sure he is working within parameters of CBA. And likewise they should make all players sign a waiver they can't use court system only preapproved mistral arbitrator to settle disputes.

This puts us at clear competitive disadvantage having to prepare for different running backs.

They didn't. Reid specifically stated they prepared for Elliott as if he was gonna play. Also doubt Elliott is at much of a disadvantage not practicing all week. He probably knows the playbook by now. A few reps during practices won't make or break what he does on Sunday.

Unfortunately Elliot will run all over the KC defense. Dallas will control the clock.  This one will not be close. 35-17 Dallas

Dallas has a pretty horrible defense as well. You don't think the Chiefs can go toe to toe with them offensively? KC is 3-0 this year against top 10 offenses and they were 6-1 last year. They know how to win in a shootout. Look at the New England game or the Houston game. They just have to score more than the Cowboys. Can they do that?...Sure they can.

It's like flipping a coin. If you flip it nine times and it lands on heads, you still have a 50% chance of landing on heads again. But people that say the tails was due. And when it lands on tails, they say I told you so without knowing anything about mathematics.

So it's true that if you flip a coin 10 times you have a good likelihood of getting five it's a five tails, but tendencies don't tell you anything about individual flips. Nothing tells us that we were definitely going to lose the Oakland game just because we had a short week and lost last time on a short week to them.

A football game is not a coin flip. You are at a distinct proven disadvantage playing on the road on TNF. As the Road team only wins 40 percent historically. And of course it's no coincidence that our only two losses to Oakland in the AR era are that very same short week game in Oakland. Same goes for turnovers. History tells us more turnovers are coming in the second half of the season as a regression to the mean. This does not mean they will absolutely come this week. But over the next 8 games we can indeed expect it.

A football game is not a coin flip. You are at a distinct proven disadvantage playing on the road on TNF. As the Road team only wins 40 percent historically. And of course it's no coincidence that our only two losses to Oakland in the AR era are that very same short week game in Oakland. Same goes for turnovers. History tells us more turnovers are coming in the second half of the season as a regression to the mean. This does not mean they will absolutely come this week. But over the next 8 games we can indeed expect it.

A coin flip is a 50% chance of happening regardless of what happened in the previous flips. A road game on a short week can I have a 40% chance of winning regardless of what happened the last few times. That's what I meant. If we were to win four games like that in a row, one could not say we were going to lose the next six. The 15th game would have a 40% chance of winning still.

I think I didn't explain myself well. We might lose and be more likely to lose because it's a short week. But what I was trying to say is that we were not going to lose just because we were due to lose. Each game is going to be determined based upon the stronger team, home/road, bounces, weather, etc. and cannot win on the road forever and when we lost, someone would say it was because we were due. I say it's because we didn't play well that game.

What I really meant was that you can say that 40% of the time we went at 60% of the time we lose but if you were going to point to one game, you couldn't say it was going to happen because of those odds.

I meant to say the opposite thing about Thursday night games. I meant that if we lost two in a row didn't mean that we're going to win the next one. I think I said something different.

And my example of winning four games in a row not meaning you're going to lose the next six - statistically speaking, it might mean that you only win four of the next 16, I guess. Or eight of the next 26. It can even out to the statistical mean/norm, but I was talking about predictive value any individual game didn't hold true. When they win, though, everyone would say they were due.

Whoever has the ball last will win this one. Not sure why most are down on the Chiefs. One of the best offenses in the NFL and the talent on the defensive side of the ball to fix the run defense issues. Chiefs 35 - Cowboys 27.

Whoever has the ball last will win this one. Not sure why most are down on the Chiefs. One of the best offenses in the NFL and the talent on the defensive side of the ball to fix the run defense issues. Chiefs 35 - Cowboys 27.

Not be be contrary, but who's the talent that will fix the run defense?  KPass, Ragland, Eligwe?  Berry isn't playing and DJ seems to have declined.  Maybe the talent is there, but we haven't seen it yet.

Interior defensive line perhaps. Chris Jones, Allen Bailey and Logan need to stuff the run more than they have all year and I still think Ragland is a thumper who is learning his way on the defense. Tamba is a sure tackler if he can play in a limited role. And lastly Sutton needs to scheme some run support from the safety positions and db’s. Get their speed to at least minimize the yards per carry. I’m disappointed that the Chiefs knew they had an issue with run defense and did nothing to address it this off season but I think it can be fixed, hopefully starting with this game and moving forward.

Interior defensive line perhaps. Chris Jones, Allen Bailey and Logan need to stuff the run more than they have all year and I still think Ragland is a thumper who is learning his way on the defense. Tamba is a sure tackler if he can play in a limited role. And lastly Sutton needs to scheme some run support from the safety positions and db’s. Get their speed to at least minimize the yards per carry. I’m disappointed that the Chiefs knew they had an issue with run defense and did nothing to address it this off season but I think it can be fixed, hopefully starting with this game and moving forward.

We can start fixing the run defense by benching DJ, and trying anyone else. IMO, DJ is #1 reason our rush defense plays like Doo-Doo.

Andy Reid is 6-0 vs NFC East since joining the Chiefs. 18-11 vs Cowboys all time. This coach just knows how to win division games. A lot of changes though for thatteam since we played them at Arrowhead so Not sure how much it applies here.

Archived