We should ALL be happy that Zeke is playing!!

You know why guys? Because hiding from the question will only delay finding the answer. Yes, a weaker Dallas would have been nice, but how the hell are we gonna deal with Bell in the playoffs if we don't face the top RB's between now and then and finally sort out our issues? Win or lose on Sunday, the difference will be the same, we should still make the playoffs regardless of what happens. But wouldn't shutting down Zeke on the way to a win be much more valuable to us than winning with him not there? Hell, even if we lose but still shut him down, it would still be a step in the right direction for the defense. 

The bottom line is we can only get better against the run if we face this kind of talent. So bring it on!!..let's see what Sutton and co will do about this now. Because this is as much about his ability to come up with a solution, as it is about the defenders themselves. 

And btw guys, despite all the talk about us being poor against the run, Pitt could only score 19 points and seven of them came off a lucky deflection and another two was a safety. So despite Bell running wild they only really earned ten points in reality and we still had a chance to win the game late. Dallas don't have Pitts defense so I personally think we'll score a bunch of points on them whether Zeke is hot or not.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winning the game is probably more important than any experience points we get. We probably need some home cooking to advance very far, and to get that we need more wins than the other guys.

We've won at Texas and NE!!..we've won at Atlanta, Denver, Carolina in previous season etc!!..I really don't fear being away from home in the playoffs!!..and tbh I think it would be better for us to go to Pitt and let them have to deal with the pressure infront of their fans. 

I agree with you and so far as we have no control over it. If we have no control over it, I absolutely see the Silverlining of preparation against the best. But if someone asked me whether I wanted to play a team with their best player not, I will choose the one that gives us the best chance of winning if we don't become complacent.

Some people have the same issue with the weather. If my team is going to do better in the elements, bring it on. If they're going to suffer by it, I wouldn't want it to be windy and cold for the sake of "football." I want to win. Insert Coach Edwards.

I know your point was winning in the playoffs is more important and playing the best prepares you. But I like to go on tangents.

We've won at Texas and NE!!..we've won at Atlanta, Denver, Carolina in previous season etc!!..I really don't fear being away from home in the playoffs!!..and tbh I think it would be better for us to go to Pitt and let them have to deal with the pressure infront of their fans.

You saw last year the difference between playing at Pittsburgh and at home against Pittsburgh.

You saw last year the difference between playing at Pittsburgh and at home against Pittsburgh.

That was an anomaly. Has a team put 40 points on us since? I don't think so. I just think they will have to deal with the pressure and expectation from their fans and It could work in our advantage. 

There's no way 50 points is enough. I expect the Cowboys to score every single play.

I know, we should have a deal. We will give them a field goal every possession they have and take off three minutes off the clock. Then give the ball to our offense to do what we will.

Assuming that we take at least three minutes every possession on average, we will have to score more than 30 points.

I agree that you want to play the other team at full strength. Problem is that we’re not full strength! Elliot is gonna gash us for about 150 unless our offense hangs 50 on them - which it might take!

Bell supposedly "gashed" us and they could only get 17 points on the board and two more from us. Why would we need 50 to beat Dallas? Come on, let's not be silly now.

Sutton was lambasted after the pitt game. I want to see if he's learned anything from that experience because like I said, shutting down the likes of Zeke would give everyone a major boost as we head towards January.

Start by not playing Dan.

I know, we should have a deal. We will give them a field goal every possession they have and take off three minutes off the clock. Then give the ball to our offense to do what we will.

Assuming that we take at least three minutes every possession on average, we will have to score more than 30 points.

The problem is they will score defensive touchdowns every other drive. We are that bad. We will be lucky to keep this one under 100. Frankly I don't think this game should even be played.

Bell supposedly "gashed" us and they could only get 17 points on the board and two more from us. Why would we need 50 to beat Dallas? Come on, let's not be silly now.

I’d say running for over 170 yards against any defense is kinda gashing them. Point is we couldn’t get them off the field when we needed to and it cost us in the end, regardless of the circumstances.

And I fully expect this game to be a shootout this weekend, which is why we might need 50!

I'd love us in this game with Berry. But they are playing like a Super Bowl contender and get the strength vs weakness deal again. I predicted a win here before the season but it seems more daunting now. Our offense has to have a big day against acD which crushed Cousins last week. All that said, Andy knows how to play NFC East opponents.

We've only given up 300 yards passing to Wentz and Carr this year so let's load up box and try to make Dak beat us. I do expect some scheme adjustments after the bye week but not much on another short week.

I think our best road to a SB would be to get the one seed and let NE knock off Pitt as the 2 v. 3, then we knock off NE. The 2 or 3 seed means we have to play both. I don't like that thought. Keeping pace with Pitt is going to be very difficult. I don't want to face Zeek.

Game will be very frustrating to watch. Chiefs can’t stop the run so don’t be surprised he averages 5+ yards a carry, im talking to you GDT.

However if the Chiefs do miraculously contain Elliot to 100 yards or less, then I say the Chiefs win big by defeating the cowboys and showing they’re improving on D.

I'd love us in this game with Berry. But they are playing like a Super Bowl contender and get the strength vs weakness deal again. I predicted a win here before the season but it seems more daunting now. Our offense has to have a big day against acD which crushed Cousins last week. All that said, Andy knows how to play NFC East opponents.

We've only given up 300 yards passing to Wentz and Carr this year so let's load up box and try to make Dak beat us. I do expect some scheme adjustments after the bye week but not much on another short week.

I have a better idea. Let's make Dak lose to us with his arm. Just kidding, we had a thread a year or so ago that we talked about pet peeve's. I understand what that means, but that's my pet peeve, along with "could care less" vs. "couldn't care less."

Archived