We should ALL be happy that Zeke is playing!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of game outcome...2018 cannot be the time to address these issues. With an offense that has the ability to go toe to toe with the majority of teams, this needs fixed immediately. KC always has a pretty dominant team on one side of the ball while the other becomes the Achilles heel...over and over...every season..just a lack of balance. As with the Denver game, the inability to go for the jugular concerns me. Reid's decision making is suspect and usually has many of us looking at the tube screaming "why man why?" Dallas isn't balanced either..their chemistry almost mimics ours. This game will be interesting to say the least.

Regardless of game outcome...2018 cannot be the time to address these issues. With an offense that has the ability to go toe to toe with the majority of teams, this needs fixed immediately. KC always has a pretty dominant team on one side of the ball while the other becomes the Achilles heel...over and over...every season..just a lack of balance. As with the Denver game, the inability to go for the jugular concerns me. Reid's decision making is suspect and usually has many of us looking at the tube screaming "why man why?" Dallas isn't balanced either..their chemistry almost mimics ours. This game will be interesting to say the least.

We've got quality individuals in the defense. Peters, Berry (when he's back), Houston, Nelson (as a nickel corner) and Jones. Next season will be the time to add the final pieces to the jigsaw hopefully because the truth is our offense is still pretty young so we should have a few good years in that department. IF the likes of Kpass and Ragland could step up now then we'll be much better off for is as we move forward.

Oh there are tons of quality guys on the defensive side...no doubt. Whether it's fitting them into the right schemes..game prep..inconsistency due to injuries and lack of cohesiveness with the same unit..making adjustments...etc..i just think that something can change with these players..or with Suttons packages. Our D line will face the most impressive o line in football today...so the climb is uphill.

Oh there are tons of quality guys on the defensive side...no doubt. Whether it's fitting them into the right schemes..game prep..inconsistency due to injuries and lack of cohesiveness with the same unit..making adjustments...etc..i just think that something can change with these players..or with Suttons packages. Our D line will face the most impressive o line in football today...so the climb is uphill.

Or, we could play more base defense (3 dlinemen) to stop zeke and take our chances with Bryant against Mitchell/Acker and Witten against Sorenson/Murray......

We really don't matchup with the Dallas offense very well. If Berry was in, things would be different. But KC is gonna have to pick it's poison, and I bet we will see more subpackages (2 Dlinemen), to prevent the big pass plays. (Ya know, the ole Bend but dont break gameplan)

Andy Reid is a pretty average coach.

• 2 weeks later...

So revisiting this page. Do you think we got the challenge and learn what we needed to buy facing him?

It kind of pisses me off that we faced Steelers' Bell last year because they reduced his suspension by one game and we faced Elliot because they weren't able to reinstate it until the next game. Some games from week to week can be apples and oranges, but we saw Sunday's game against the Falcons and it wasn't close without Elliot. We have seen how we needed a running game for our offense.

We need to be teams at their strongest, but I sure wouldn't have griped about beating the Cowboys without Elliott. Now that we did face him and did lose, did we get something from it? Because that is the argument.

No one in the world would rather beat a team without the superstars than beat them with. The argument was having the possibility of losing against them or better chance of beating them without.

This question has nothing to do whether the offense had a chance to beat them otherwise. I'm talking about the preparation of playing a team with a good running game. In that aspect, did we learn something or are we just overmatched and stubborn to change?

Figures he got to play against us and then is definitely out for the next month at least, possibly all 6 games.   That and their all-pro LT not playing yesterday got them murdered against ATL.

Another team gets to have their Super Bowl at home against the Chiefs on National TV before disappearing for the rest of the year.

Well, for the most part, he was shut down, wasn't he? Zeke wasn't the reason we lost the game. The reason was the same reason we lost to the Raiders. Pass protection was lacking once again. O-line not at it's best either. I take your point though. We seem to have to do things the hard way almost every frikking week whilst other teams catch breaks. I still think we'll benefit longterm from doing well against Zeke than not facing him tbh. Because we know we're likely to see Bell again so we might aswell get as much practice as possible. And if we shut down Bell then hell who knows? We might be seeing NO in the damn final and we would definitely appreciate facing Zeke and Bell before then :D .  

Well, for the most part, he was shut down, wasn't he? Zeke wasn't the reason we lost the game.

If we had to defend him and prepare for him, other guys opened up. If he didn't play, maybe we would've spent more time elsewhere defending and the positive that he did do for their team will be there.

Having said that, our run defense isn't very good no matter who we are playing and I think their backup played well couple games?

Archived