Wide Receiver on the way?

Looks like Andy wants one.....

Matt Derrick @mattderrick
FollowFollow @mattderrick
More

Reid says he and Brett Veach will discuss adding a receiver this weekend but he says he's comfortable playing with 4 for one game if needed.

Bit confused tbh because why didn't they try to get one before the trade deadline? I'm guessing they see that Albert Wilson keeps getting little niggles and perhaps Andy doesn't think Chesson is ready to step up? Either way it should be very interesting to see what they come up with. There's a kid on the Atalanta practice squad who's name I may send to Veach. His name is Reggie Davis and

is a video of him. Think he'd play that slot role really well tbh. Plus he was a team mate of Mahomes too :D .

Who says they didn't try to get one before the trade deadline. Takes 2 to tango.

Don't think anyone will help that much. Takes too long for receivers to learn Andy's offense.

Exactly right. You don't give up a draft pick for a short timer that has a massive learning curve in this offense st WR. This group is so young I'd grab a good fit in free agency next March and then focus draft on defense.

I expect Chiefs to sign a steady #2 type WR in FA that will provide some veteran presence. In the mean time I'm surprised to see the lack of a PS WR on the roster, do we actually play a game with 4 guys on the active roster? They must be really scared of waiving someone.

I expect Chiefs to sign a steady #2 type WR in FA that will provide some veteran presence. In the mean time I'm surprised to see the lack of a PS WR on the roster, do we actually play a game with 4 guys on the active roster? They must be really scared of waiving someone.

I'd prefer to get a WR who can form a partnership longterm with the likes of Hill, Kelce and Hunt. No point bringing in a "vet" just because he's "experienced". I want quality that can last several years. Jarvis Landry and Robby Anderson are two guys worth keeping an eye on.

Archived