Should we trade Peters for a 1st round pick?

Trade him in the offseason. Chiefs need players who want to fuckin hit. This team is becoming selfish. U can see it with celebrations , peters actions, and most of all no passion or fight.

I didn't really think the celebration was appropriate. Dallas drove it right back down that ass and scored.

I mean your best player on defense doesn't put forth his best effort. What kind of signal does that give to the other Guys? It's all attitude. He has no desire to be in a Chief at the moment. It's all about "Me". New England is so successful year after year because of their selflessness. How many times over recent years have they parted away with top tier talent in their prime?

I’s trade him in the offseason. I like him, and think he is an elite talent. Just don’t think he has any desire to be in KC and I quarantee that he will not re-sign here.

i think you hit the bulls eye on this one, he doesn't want to be in KC (Ya Feel me) so i would trade his ass to someone like cleveland, buffalo or another cold weather city so he can not go to oakland as a FA...i am sick of his ass

Marcus Peters is worth a second-round pick if he spares the Chiefs having to overpay him. And what's the point of having a pseudo-shutdown cornerback if the opposing quarterback merely chooses to light up the other side?

When the Chiefs said "Yes" to Eric Berry, they said "No" to other more important players.

I mean your best player on defense doesn't put forth his best effort. What kind of signal does that give to the other Guys? It's all attitude. He has no desire to be in a Chief at the moment. It's all about "Me". New England is so successful year after year because of their selflessness. How many times over recent years have they parted away with top tier talent in their prime?

Bang on d man!

We miss berry and his energy, fight and heart. Houston Hali and DJ don't have that impact anymore.

Bang on d man!

We miss berry and his energy, fight and heart. Houston Hali and DJ don't have that impact anymore.

Heck yeah man. I hope Choakland wins tonight. This Chiefs team needs competition in this division. Nice run by Beast mode. The AFC West needs a spark.

He can pull a first and a fourth , and if that comes from Oakland I have no problem trading within the division. I have no use for a corner that doesn’t like contact , yells at his coaches, and cries for a flag when he gets beat as if he can’t be beaten unless something illegal happened. I don’t want any part of his second contract and his trade value is higher with years left on his rookie contract.

Peters strikes me as a guy who will fall into complete mediocrity once he gets a big contract. We need to not be afraid to let guys go when the big contract is looming. Get comp picks, draft smart, trade guys at peak value points when you can. Especially in today’s NFL, injuries and loss of hunger seem to strike after year four or five. Only give the big deals to guys who look like sure fire locks to have great 10 year careers.

It's not just Peters, although he is probably the poster child for selfish players on the KC roster.  Did anyone watch the Donks game?  They just flat quit trying from all appearances.  Same was reported about the Giants.  We live in an increasingly selfish and egotistical age and it's reflected in our sports teams.  It would be much better to have 11 player on defense that really want to play as opposed to having a few prima donnas with superior skills.  Losing Berry's fire may cost the Chiefs a playoff win or so, but the problem exists on other teams as well.

Father Time's bend but don't break scheme has allowed him to linger around in the league for sometime. We could always rely on making that crucial stop in the red zone all the while giving up yards between the 20s. Unfortnately, with the lack of talent and deteriorating LB play the Chiefs have failed to limit TDs in where they used to hold teams to 3. Dallas 4 for 4 in the red zone today. That won't cut the mustard with less than stellar offensive play.

LOL smh whenever we lose it seems like the "let's blame Peters" brigade always comes out in force :D . Today he missed a few tackles...AND? What about the other guys on the defense? Some folks cannot get over the fact that he's exercised his rights to protest police brutality and racial inequality in America. And as a result, any mistake he makes yall jump on it and call for him to be "traded" because that's what you would want to see regardless of whether he does good or bad anyway. The fact is just ONE game ago he helped us to defeat Denver with a truly world class piece of play. Didn't see anyone complaining that night..or trying to mock the language he uses. But folks have short memories it seems and it's ridiculous imo.

If we're to have any chance of really building a top-level defense over the next few years then Peters will be a vital piece in the jigsaw. Teams are already scared to death to throw in his direction, so guess what guys? Instead of trading him, here's an idea, why not just add another QUALITY CB on the other side then? Oops, sounds too logical, doesn't it? 

Having a young team is great but lack of veteran leadership is a huge obstacle. Chiefs have failed to replace Berry on the field both as a player and the leader. Hopefully he comes back fully healthy and considering his past I'm guessing he will but regardless of Berry's situation we still need to find someone in the front 7 (preferably at LB) to be a dominant presence. 

LOL smh whenever we lose it seems like the "let's blame Peters" brigade always comes out in force :D . Today he missed a few tackles...AND? What about the other guys on the defense? Some folks cannot get over the fact that he's exercised his rights to protest police brutality and racial inequality in America. And as a result, any mistake he makes yall jump on it and call for him to be "traded" because that's what you would want to see regardless of whether he does good or bad anyway. The fact is just ONE game ago he helped us to defeat Denver with a truly world class piece of play. Didn't see anyone complaining that night..or trying to mock the language he uses. But folks have short memories it seems and it's ridiculous imo.

If we're to have any chance of really building a top-level defense over the next few years then Peters will be a vital piece in the jigsaw. Teams are already scared to death to throw in his direction, so guess what guys? Instead of trading him, here's an idea, why not just add another QUALITY CB on the other side then? Oops, sounds too logical, doesn't it? 

For the record, I haven't let non-football issues affect my view of Peters. He's really good. The Chiefs will simply not be able to afford him.

LOL smh whenever we lose it seems like the "let's blame Peters" brigade always comes out in force :D . Today he missed a few tackles...AND? What about the other guys on the defense? Some folks cannot get over the fact that he's exercised his rights to protest police brutality and racial inequality in America. And as a result, any mistake he makes yall jump on it and call for him to be "traded" because that's what you would want to see regardless of whether he does good or bad anyway. The fact is just ONE game ago he helped us to defeat Denver with a truly world class piece of play. Didn't see anyone complaining that night..or trying to mock the language he uses. But folks have short memories it seems and it's ridiculous imo.

I don’t care what he protests. He plays soft and takes plays off. And let’s not act like he’s been lights out this year because he hasn’t. Is he the best CB on this team? Yes. Has he become a diva? Yes.

I don’t care what he protests. He plays soft and takes plays off. And let’s not act like he’s been lights out this year because he hasn’t. Is he the best CB on this team? Yes. Has he become a diva? Yes.

That's not really a reason to trade or replace him. Right now most of our defense is softer than cream cheese and Sutton should be working on that. If the rest can be brought up to par and Peters remains questionable then I would look to trade him but his value is probably the lowest it has been since he arrived so it makes sense to simply get him to his previous level and keep him as a shutdown CB.

He's not just the best CB on the team though. He's one of the best in the entire league. Which is why any suggestions of trading him are simply stupid imo.

That's not really a reason to trade or replace him. Right now most of our defense is softer than cream cheese and Sutton should be working on that. If the rest can be brought up to par and Peters remains questionable then I would look to trade him but his value is probably the lowest it has been since he arrived so it makes sense to simply get him to his previous level and keep him as a shutdown CB.

I’m not advocating trading him. I’m simply pointing out that Peters doesn’t look like the same guy who entered the league with a chip on his shoulder. In that context, he plays like the rest of defense - soft and with no bite.

There are times where I’d be all for this, but it’s not due to talent. It’s due to the fact that I think he’s out of KC the first chance he gets. Just not his town. On the other side, do you really want to see what happens with Aker and Mitchell as our outside corners? Sutton seems set on having Nelson as a slot corner only, so we are just screwed. Even if we were to get a 1st for Peters, what happens? We get a guy that has 95% chance of not being as good as Peters....and the other corner position will still be trash.

He's not just the best CB on the team though. He's one of the best in the entire league. Which is why any suggestions of trading him are simply stupid imo.

I've heard people call Berry the best safety in the league. These kinds of players have a way of disappearing when you need them most, and they take their enormous share of the salary cap with them.

The Chiefs are on their losing streak because they can't afford anything more than replacement-level players at depth positions. The fact that Zach Fulton and Albert Wilson are players the Chiefs will have had to rely on for most of the season tells you a lot.

I’m not advocating trading him. I’m simply pointing out that Peters doesn’t look like the same guy who entered the league with a chip on his shoulder. In that context, he plays like the rest of defense - soft and with no bite.

I'm just replying to the whole notion of the topic rather than contradicting your statement. I agree that he's very soft and looks to be lacking this year, which is a problem right now. 

Archived