Tyreek Hill doesn't get open enough.

He's not a no.1.   seriously.   They don't target him because he can't get open unless it's a real deep play which takes time to develop and can only happen a few times a game.

We need to also draft a no.1 wr.   We have failed at that.   Mixed feelings on Dorsey drafts.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed feelings about the whole franchise. That's what it comes down too. All of us Chiefs fans need to look ourselves straight in the mirror and ask... "Is it really worth it, will the Chiefs ever get passed the divisional round?" It's gut check time BOYS. I hope Andy leaves the BBQ behind..just for the Bye week.

Mixed feelings about the whole franchise. That's what it comes down too. All of us Chiefs fans need to look ourselves straight in the mirror and ask... "Is it really worth it, will the Chiefs ever get passed the divisional round?" It's gut check time BOYS. I hope Andy leaves the BBQ behind..just for the Bye week.

They won’t with the current personnel, and I’m not just talking about Alex Smith. The defense needs to be infused with more speed and some damn attitude. They play slow and soft and teams are taking advantage of it every week.

They won’t with the current personnel, and I’m not just talking about Alex Smith. The defense needs to be infused with more speed and some damn attitude. They play slow and soft and teams are taking advantage of it every week.

Reid refuses to play physical, he wants a finesse team and those type of teams will never win against a physical team. 

They're only mimicking their 87 year old D coordinator..."Father Time." Sutton can't infuse passion into this lack of talent. Jim Schwartz on the other hand. Just look at the Eagles...

This is what happens when you forego two early picks that could have been impact players to take on a developmental prospect in a year when the Super Bowl window was as wide as its been in decades.

Terrible contract extensions to non-contributing players haven't helped.

And about the opening post: I was concerned that Tyreek Hill was not going to be ready for a true WR1 role: He doesn't yet have the skill to make up for his lack of size.

This is what happens when you forego two early picks that could have been impact players to take on a developmental prospect in a year when the Super Bowl window was as wide as its been in decades.

Terrible contract extensions to non-contributing players haven't helped.

And about the opening post: I was concerned that Tyreek Hill was not going to be ready for a true WR1 role: He doesn't yet have the skill to make up for his lack of size.

Key words..."Wide open SB window..." Corner and ILB were not addressed properly. Plenty of talent was out there.

He's not a no.1. seriously. They don't target him because he can't get open unless it's a real deep play which takes time to develop and can only happen a few times a game.

We need to also draft a no.1 wr. We have failed at that. Mixed feelings on Dorsey drafts.

He's raw and still learning the position. But it would have been massively helpful to have Maclin across from him this year and we absolutely need to sign a legit guy next year. Tyreek will only get better with time and has come a long way. But consider he was largely a college RB

But followers of the Terez Paylor school of football got what they wanted... back in April.

Maybe why Dorsey was fired? We were all POed but now we are seeing a team with less depth than we thought and no CAP room to sign a key player or even keep our own.

Maybe why Dorsey was fired? We were all POed but now we are seeing a team with less depth than we thought and no CAP room to sign a key player or even keep our own.

Not at all what I meant. Supposedly, this team needed a quarterback for the future. Then we found out that what we really needed was for our assumed starters to remain healthy, which they didn't. Now Smith is throwing to JAG's and the defense can't hardly make a tackle.

The cap situation is just something to make a bad situation a little more bitter.

But, hey, good to know that the Chiefs drafted a quarterback in the first round for the first time since the 1980's: Mahomes gets to inherit a team just a grade or two above "dumpster fire".

Team didn't think we were capable of winning the big one with Smith so they went all in for a QB.  Then training camp came along and the Mahomes effect kicked in and Smith started playing like a legitimate NFL QB. I loved it. I don't care who our QB is as long as he's capable of getting to the SB. I'm not a QB fan, I'm a Chiefs fan. We started out on fire and now we've fallen back to earth and lost 3 out of 4. I'm still hoping to win it all. If not, we have a young QBOTF and plenty of young talent on offense for years. Hopefully Smith doesn't go fetal the rest of the year and we can get a decent pick for him to use on defense along with FAs to get the D back on track.  

Not at all what I meant. Supposedly, this team needed a quarterback for the future. Then we found out that what we really needed was for our assumed starters to remain healthy, which they didn't. Now Smith is throwing to JAG's and the defense can't hardly make a tackle.

The cap situation is just something to make a bad situation a little more bitter.

But, hey, good to know that the Chiefs drafted a quarterback in the first round for the first time since the 1980's: Mahomes gets to inherit a team just a grade or two above "dumpster fire".

If it's close to a dumpster fire is to be 6-3 with most of our best players 26 or younger and the most talented QB we've had in decades waiting in the wings. I'll take it.

Maybe a better defensive coordinator can fix this. Right now, there are just too many millstones to right this ship under the present circumstances. Either the talent is being squandered, or the talent isn't there in the first place.

I'm talking about hill being open.

If it's close to a dumpster fire is to be 6-3 with most of our best players 26 or younger and the most talented QB we've had in decades waiting in the wings. I'll take it.

6-3 with established talent, not projected talent. Blake Bortles, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III. This team has only a trio of strong offensive performances between what it is and what the Raiders are. But if you're already living in an imagined 2021, who am I to stop you?

Maybe a better defensive coordinator can fix this. Right now, there are just too many millstones to right this ship under the present circumstances. Either the talent is being squandered, or the talent isn't there in the first place.

Every team has a tipping point where missing some combination of players really hurts especially when you don't have an elite QB which we don't. It's looking a lot like the depth at safety was such we couldn't afford to lose the AFCs best safety. And Dorsey largely ignoring ILB position really looms large as well.

Hill is in the top 10 in receiving yards, can take a punt back at any time and is a legit threat in the running game. What do people want out of him? He's flat out playing some football. Stupid thread. 

He's got most of his yards on chunk plays. That's not what you need from a WR1. Period.

It's not that Hill's a bad player. It's that there's literally no one filling the WR1 role that Maclin was vacated from.

6-3 with established talent, not projected talent. Blake Bortles, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III. This team has only a trio of strong offensive performances between what it is and what the Raiders are. But if you're already living in an imagined 2021, who am I to stop you?

Mahomes brings tangible arm talent we haven't had here in my lifetime. And when Andy Reid signs off on a QB after he passed on so many others, that's worthy of respect. Andy knows what he has in Alex and as such also why he wanted to trade for him. He also knows when we can do better and made that bold move as proof.

No Conley or Wilson and relying on a promising 5th string guy in Robinson and still overusing DAT. Also no 2nd TE that can catch. Hill is basically a deep threat and bubble screen type of guy and he is fine there. We need a prototype WR that pans out along with a true possession WR. Imagine how dangerous Hill would be if the QB had two guys he can trust. Hill is doing fine in his role.

No Conley or Wilson and relying on a promising 5th string guy in Robinson and still overusing DAT. Also no 2nd TE that can catch. Hill is basically a deep threat and bubble screen type of guy and he is fine there. We need a prototype WR that pans out along with a true possession WR. Imagine how dangerous Hill would be if the QB had two guys he can trust. Hill is doing fine in his role.

Yep. Veaxh needs to go get that guy and focus most of the draft on defense. Signing a veteran backup TE would also be easy.

Mahomes brings tangible arm talent we haven't had here in my lifetime. And when Andy Reid signs off on a QB after he passed on so many others, that's worthy of respect. Andy knows what he has in Alex and as such also why he wanted to trade for him. He also knows when we can do better and made that bold move as proof.

You, like so many, seem to confuse trying to do better with actually doing better. In the short term, the team has been diluted by the move, as Mahomes is not a contributing player.

Archived