Tyreek Hill doesn't get open enough.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 straight games with no TD for Hunt. He was our difference maker the supposed missing piece to a Super Bowl Puzzle the Chiefs so desperately needed. But No, Andy opts to limit his touches and provide no FB support. He wants Alex Smith to dry out back there, and that my friends will not get us past the Wild Card round.

Hill has been open for a TD at least 5 times and Alex has missed him. 2 on Sunday alone.

There must be at least 10 other shorter routes that he was open on and Alex didn't see him or missed him. 

Hill will end up with 80+ catches and over 1000 yds regardless. That's a #1WR period.

Hill has been open for a TD at least 5 times and Alex has missed him. 2 on Sunday alone.

There must be at least 10 other shorter routes that he was open on and Alex didn't see him or missed him. 

Hill will end up with 80+ catches and over 1000 yds regardless. That's a #1WR period.

Agree. Antonio Brown plays the same role in Pitt, and no one is complaining about him. Hill is a deep threat. A DEEP THREAT. Conley was supposed to be the possession guy. Well he's hurt and Kelce has been filling that role admirably. However, I personally think D Robinson is an above average WR if smith would just throw him the damn ball. I can only remember D Rob dropping one pass so far, and catching everything else.

If Reid will just get his head out of his ass and get back to what he was doing earlier, by spreading defenses out Hill, Kelce and Hunt can start feasting again.

Hill is doing just fine. He is a threat anywhere on the field and that in itself is more than most #1 Wr in the league can do. He needs help on the opposite side, a threat, that will allow him to be matched up one on one. The only way to do this is to feed Robinson. He is big and goes and grabs the ball at the high points. Let people see if you double or roll coverage to Hills side Robinson will beat you. Once that happens, the entire off. will open up. Robinson should be matched up against # 2 corners. He should win those battles.

Antonio Brown plays the same role in Pitt, and no one is complaining about him.

If anyone tries to suggest that Hill is as versatile as Brown and is as developed a receiver as Brown, this conversation is over for me. Brown is a far superior receiver at this stage of their careers, and it's really not close. No one in football would compare the two as is being done here.

However, I personally think D Robinson is an above average WR if smith would just throw him the damn ball. I can only remember D Rob dropping one pass so far, and catching everything else.

Robinson's not always running the correct routes, either. That will definitely impact a quarterback's confidence: He doesn't have time to double-check that people are doing their assigned job.

Robinson's not always running the correct routes, either. That will definitely impact a quarterback's confidence: He doesn't have time to double-check that people are doing their assigned job.

Alright Alex you gave yourself away. We’re glad you chose the coalition, so I’ll take this opportunity to tell you just be yourself out there man. Quit worrying about how others view you. And if this is your sick hobby then fine. Just take time off this bye, relax and recollect after the break

If anyone tries to suggest that Hill is as versatile as Brown and is as developed a receiver as Brown, this conversation is over for me. Brown is a far superior receiver at this stage of their careers, and it's really not close. No one in football would compare the two as is being done here.

Brown is 29 years old while Hill is just 23 and in his second year in the NFL. Yet when you look at the TD ratio from last year and this season, Hill has the upper hand. I believe Hill will be much better than Brown in due course and is perhaps our greatest talent right now because the kid can create something out of nothing. And that's a special ability to have in the NFL.

Brown is 29 years old while Hill is just 23 and in his second year in the NFL. Yet when you look at the TD ratio from last year and this season, Hill has the upper hand. I believe Hill will be much better than Brown in due course and is perhaps our greatest talent right now because the kid can create something out of nothing. And that's a special ability to have in the NFL.

To be fair, I'm not factoring projections of what Hill may or may not become. Hill being a great player in four years won't do anything for the Chiefs this year. My comments revolved around Hill's efficacy as a receiver, not as a football player, including his special teams ability.

To be fair Brown gets double teams quite often whereas Hill is still considered somewhat of an afterthought. I think Hill has a lot of talent and could be a WR similar to Brown or may be better in the future but there's still time. 

To be fair, I'm not factoring projections of what Hill may or may not become. Hill being a great player in four years won't do anything for the Chiefs this year. My comments revolved around Hill's efficacy as a receiver, not as a football player, including his special teams ability.

Well, I'm all about productivity. And when you look at the stats, since the start of last season to today Hill has THEEE MORE Td's than Brown. For someone who is still virtually a rookie in comparison to Brown, I'd say that's very encouraging. 

To be fair Brown gets double teams quite often whereas Hill is still considered somewhat of an afterthought. I think Hill has a lot of talent and could be a WR similar to Brown or may be better in the future but there's still time.

Afterthought... oh my

Well, I'm all about productivity. And when you look at the stats, since the start of last season to today Hill has THEEE MORE Td's than Brown. For someone who is still virtually a rookie in comparison to Brown, I'd say that's very encouraging. 

I'm all about football, not stats. There's simply more to being a 'productive' football player than one or two chunk plays a game, especially when you are supposedly a Number-One-caliber receiver.

Touchdowns are what you want. Sometimes when guys like Hill truly settle into their roles, their true impact is measured by the touchdowns other (sometimes inferior) players earn. Justin Houston doesn't get 22 sacks without playing across from a healthy Hali. And Hill might not have so many receiving touchdowns if not for Travis Kelce doing what he has been doing.

That said, Hill is the league's premiere special teams player, and he is showing the sort of progress that suggests that one day he could be an Antonio Brown-type receiver. He's got a long ways to go.

If Hill had Ben and Brown had Alex, Hill would be on the Madden cover, have ESPN commercials, and on the fast track to the HOF. Brown would be good, but he'd be the one you guys would be saying isn't a true #1, fast but not polished, etc., blah, blah, blah.

Love the "up" in productivity by AS, but he's still AS and blows TD opportunities on a regular basis. We'll see how great our receivers really can be when #15 takes over.

I didn't say Hill was as versatile as Brown...I said their roles in the offense are similar....

To take the top off of the defense.

I think they both do it well. But yes you correct in saying that Hill is not as Versatile as Brown...yet.

If Hill had Ben and Brown had Alex, Hill would be on the Madden cover, have ESPN commercials, and on the fast track to the HOF. Brown would be good, but he'd be the one you guys would be saying isn't a true #1, fast but not polished, etc., blah, blah, blah.

Love the "up" in productivity by AS, but he's still AS and blows TD opportunities on a regular basis. We'll see how great our receivers really can be when #15 takes over.

Yes^^^

I would be willing to bet that Chesson, Hill and Robinsons' numbers increase two fold.

Kelce is talented and exceptional but I think some of his TDs and yards would go to a receiver with a different QB. If it's playcalls, than Hill would be somewhere between what you said and where he is.

Smith does miss opportunities but 18 TDs is top 5 this year (though Rodgers injury and QB play is down across the board this year). Sometimes when Smith misses a touchdown, we end up scoring a touchdown later in the drive anyway. So the increase in touchdowns wouldn't really be as big as it looks.

Still, excited for Mahomes potential.

I'll bet some of the same people complaining about the loss of picks were the very ones hollering about finally getting a QB. I didn't think we would be 6-3 at this point in the season. Hindsight is a bitch. I will live or die with DJ and I don't give a damn. That's my dog. Sometimes you just got to go with who brung ya.

Archived