Tyreek Hill doesn't get open enough.

He's not a no.1. seriously. They don't target him because he can't get open unless it's a real deep play which takes time to develop and can only happen a few times a game.

We need to also draft a no.1 wr. We have failed at that. Mixed feelings on Dorsey drafts.

http://m.espn.com/nfl/leagueleaders?groupId=9&season=2017&seasonType=2&statgroup=receiving&category=receivingYards

http://m.espn.com/nfl/leagueleaders?groupId=9&season=2017&seasonType=2&statgroup=receiving&category=receivingTouchdowns

I know. This guy isn't a true #1 wr despite his numbers telling a whole different story. Nevermind the fact this is his first season as a fulltime WR in his college and professional career.

Yawn.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://m.espn.com/nfl/leagueleaders?groupId=9&season=2017&seasonType=2&statgroup=receiving&category=receivingYards

http://m.espn.com/nfl/leagueleaders?groupId=9&season=2017&seasonType=2&statgroup=receiving&category=receivingTouchdowns

I know. This guy isn't a true #1 wr despite his numbers telling a whole different story. Nevermind the fact this is his first season as a fulltime WR in his college and professional career.

Yawn.

Yep. Could/should easily have 10-15 more receptions and 3-5 more TDs

Chris Conley a bigger injury than Eric Berry? He had to be laughing when he suggested as much.

Most fans are so emotionally tied to Berry that they refuse to acknowledge the clear meaning indicated by what I said: The loss of Conley has been more damaging because the impact on the efficacy of the offense has been greater than the impact of Berry's injury on the defense.

Demarcus Robinson is an inexperienced WR5 that has been playing WR2. Bottom line.

Yawn.

"Numbers". Watch the film. Numbers once called Tim Tebow an amazing quarterback.

Most fans are so emotionally tied to Berry that they refuse to acknowledge the clear meaning indicated by what I said: The loss of Conley has been more damaging because the impact on the efficacy of the offense has been greater than the impact of Berry's injury on the defense.

Demarcus Robinson is an inexperienced WR5 that has been playing WR2. Bottom line.

Right, sounds like you are the one with the emotional attachment.  Conley while our offense was efficient wasn't the reason for it with his play, that would be the success of Hunt.  If somehow Hunt's success is tied into Conley's injury than sure but clearly it is not.  

Right, sounds like you are the one with the emotional attachment.  Conley while our offense was efficient wasn't the reason for it with his play, that would be the success of Hunt.  If somehow Hunt's success is tied into Conley's injury than sure but clearly it is not.  

You can't see what Conley did because Conley wasn't hyped like Hunt was. It wasn't Hunt making critical catches on long third downs that made the difference in a few games these past two seasons. And, yes, Hunt hasn't been as effective because without Conley, defenses are cheating against the run.

Cause and effect.

He can't be serious can he? I'm starting to wonder now which is scary. You lose the heart and soul of your defense and leader of the entire football team or a pedestrian role WR who's a decent blocker. Heck Eric Berry had more TDs last season than Conley has in his ENTIRE career. Duh.

He can't be serious can he? I'm starting to wonder now which is scary. You lose the heart and soul of your defense and leader of the entire football team or a pedestrian role WR who's a decent blocker. Heck Eric Berry had more TDs last season than Conley has in his ENTIRE career. Duh.

Serious. If there's one thing you'll learn about me now, it is that I pay minimal attention to statistical benchmarks, and am more concerned about the film and situational football than I am about volume stats that are notoriously fickle.

I'm tired of hearing about how Berry is the team's "heart and soul". There's plenty of veterans on that defense. This team isn't losing due to a lack of passion. Passion wasn't going to make Mitchell jump higher on the 50/50 balls that lost the Chiefs the game against the Raiders. Passion isn't going to make Derrick Johnson run faster. Passion isn't going to help Tamba Hali's knees keep from swelling. "Heart and soul" is what people resort to when there isn't a good reason to justify a player's activity otherwise. This team isn't better because Berry "beat" cancer.

All of this isn't to say that the Chiefs don't miss Berry, but his loss has been grossly overrated, and he most likely wouldn't have been in position to defend the plays that were made because the entire front seven hasn't been doing their job. It's appealing to imagine that Berry could be making a difference, but it's a projection that ignores the realities of why the Chiefs' defense is struggling.

And perhaps if the Chiefs' offensive line could ever get their act together, the Chiefs' back of the roster receivers could have gotten some better looks and the associated opportunities to accumulate the statistical ticks that are all-important to guys like you.

Serious. If there's one thing you'll learn about me now, it is that I pay minimal attention to statistical benchmarks, and am more concerned about the film and situational football than I am about volume stats that are notoriously fickle.

I'm tired of hearing about how Berry is the team's "heart and soul". There's plenty of veterans on that defense. This team isn't losing due to a lack of passion. Passion wasn't going to make Mitchell jump higher on the 50/50 balls that lost the Chiefs the game against the Raiders. Passion isn't going to make Derrick Johnson run faster. Passion isn't going to help Tamba Hali's knees keep from swelling. "Heart and soul" is what people resort to when there isn't a good reason to justify a player's activity otherwise. This team isn't better because Berry "beat" cancer.

All of this isn't to say that the Chiefs don't miss Berry, but his loss has been grossly overrated, and he most likely wouldn't have been in position to defend the plays that were made because the entire front seven hasn't been doing their job. It's appealing to imagine that Berry could be making a difference, but it's a projection that ignores the realities of why the Chiefs' defense is struggling.

And perhaps if the Chiefs' offensive line could ever get their act together, the Chiefs' back of the roster receivers could have gotten some better looks and the associated opportunities to accumulate the statistical ticks that are all-important to guys like you.

Wow is all I can say. Defintely hard to take anything seriously that dismisses a player that was voted by his peers (you know people that actually play the game) as the NFLs 13th best player last year. But I see you don't think stats or film study or other players opinions make any difference. So heck you can claim whatever you want and never be able or even have to back it up with anything tangible. Csnt argue with that. LOL

Wow is all I can say. Defintely hard to take anything seriously that dismisses a player that was voted by his peers (you know people that actually play the game) as the NFLs 13th best player last year. But I see you don't think stats or film study or other players opinions make any difference. So heck you can claim whatever you want and never be able or even have to back it up with anything tangible. Csnt argue with that. LOL

I don't think much of the Top 100. Most of the best coaches were never great players, so what do the players know about player evaluation?

And you're completely ignoring my actual message, but whatever.

You can't see what Conley did because Conley wasn't hyped like Hunt was. It wasn't Hunt making critical catches on long third downs that made the difference in a few games these past two seasons. And, yes, Hunt hasn't been as effective because without Conley, defenses are cheating against the run.

Cause and effect.

I can’t see what he does because you are imbelishing anything he might have done. Critical catches on long 3 downs, he had 2 third down catches in 5 games, Wilson has 3 and Robinson has 3. There is no way his intangibles like blocking are making that much of a difference, you have no proof on it and just trying to be the ‘I’m the cool guy who doesn’t use stats’ yet can’t back up your reasoning for it. I’ve read a lot of laughable things on message boards but saying Conley is the #1 reason for our struggles now might take the cake. Thanks you for the laugh Mrs. Smith or Mrs. Conley.

Cause and effect.

I went through the game logs, let me remind you of Conleys big 3rd down catches

Both third down catches came in one game against Texans and both were in the first quarter

So we miss him the most because of his two ‘critical’ third down catches in the first quarter that made the difference in games (one game)? Well now I understand why you choose not to look at stats, lol

"Numbers". Watch the film. Numbers once called Tim Tebow an amazing quarterback.

In this case they add up though. Alex Smith has missed him several times this season which would lead to even bigger numbers. He's a #1 WR in this league, right now. I think the debate about Hill is how well rounded of a receiver is he compared to others. That's really the only thing worth debating at this point. Most #1 WR are not the best at every faucet of playing their position. It takes a few years playing in the NFL to get there and this is his 1st year as a fulltime WR. He's a #1 WR on most teams.

I don't think much of the Top 100. Most of the best coaches were never great players, so what do the players know about player evaluation?

And I think your missing the message too. #13. Repeat it. #13.

You don't get voted that high by accident. Doesn't mean the guy is an elite player. Doesn't mean the guy is a future HOF. But you cannot deny the talent and what he has done.

Edit: I'll keep updating this as I look through the ArrowheadPride history but they have a good writer who has been charting defensive coverages the Chiefs face. Weeks 5-9 the Chiefs faced mostly cover 3 against Pitt with some cover 2 and 4 looks, faced cover 2 50% against Raiders, dime 56% against Broncos, and cover 3 46% time against Dallas. Defenses are playing to eliminate plays from Tyreek and Kelce. They are getting pressure despite hardly blitzing. Yet Tyreek is still putting up stats that say he is a #1 WR. Doing it with these types of defenses.

And I think your missing the message too. #13. Repeat it. #13.

You don't get voted that high by accident. Doesn't mean the guy is an elite player. Doesn't mean the guy is a future HOF. But you cannot deny the talent and what he has done.

Edit: I'll keep updating this as I look through the ArrowheadPride history but they have a good writer who has been charting defensive coverages the Chiefs face. Weeks 5-9 the Chiefs faced mostly cover 3 against Pitt with some cover 2 and 4 looks, faced cover 2 50% against Raiders, dime 56% against Broncos, and cover 3 46% time against Dallas. Defenses are playing to eliminate plays from Tyreek and Kelce. They are getting pressure despite hardly blitzing. Yet Tyreek is still putting up stats that say he is a #1 WR. Doing it with these types of defenses.

Those guys thought Kaepernick was something. Go on about it if you will.

Right. So if you don't believe in stats, film study, GM evaluation, coaches evaluation or players opinions you can pretty much say whatever you want and there's no way anyone can possibly argue with it. You found a loophole where you are always right. Pretty savvy.

I'll stick with my evaluation of Berry based on ALL of the above that says he's a damn good player and a massive loss for this team. Certainly far more than a role player that's not even one of our top 13 players, much less top 13 in the league.

Now I will say this. We do miss the role Conley plays, but I'm guessing as a WR there won't be much dropping in production between Conley and Robinson.

I went through the game logs, let me remind you of Conleys big 3rd down catches

Both third down catches came in one game against Texans and both were in the first quarter

So we miss him the most because of his two ‘critical’ third down catches in the first quarter that made the difference in games (one game)? Well now I understand why you choose not to look at stats, lol

He doesn't believe in tangible evidence. But well done. Pretty much check mate agsidnt that argument in the real world.

If you are going going to actually use stats to make a point at least make sure you are accurate. Tebows career year he averaged barely 150 yards per game, less than a TD per game and completed only a putrid 45 percent of his passes.

Archived