• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hunt's first 5 carries went for 7 yards yesterday. There's been a similar pattern the last few games. But Andy should keep running, and getting 3 and outs. :huh: . If the run works, by all means keep running. When it's not working, try other things."

Hunt with 19 or more carries = Chiefs 6-0. Hunt 18 or less carries = Chiefs 0-3.

That's a meaningless, post game, look back stat.  Within a game, when the run is not working, you do other things.  The running game has been stifled for the last few games.  They're throwing to Hunt, which has been more effective, trying something to get him some space, because other teams have shut him down after his great start.  

He hasn’t scored a TD since week 3 against the Charger, correct me if im wrong.

That’s all on Reid

It's on Andy that other teams have totally stopped our running game after it's early success?   Kareem is at a 3.7 YPC after game 3.   

"Hunt's first 5 carries went for 7 yards yesterday. There's been a similar pattern the last few games. But Andy should keep running, and getting 3 and outs. :huh: . If the run works, by all means keep running. When it's not working, try other things."

Hunt with 19 or more carries = Chiefs 6-0. Hunt 18 or less carries = Chiefs 0-3.

Really?   Check games 1-3.    I believe they were wins.   I believe 17 and 13 are less than 18. 

Im talking about Hunt. Why he hasn’t scored a TD in 6 straight games makes no sense

Because other teams have pretty much shut him down as a runner for 6 straight games.  Early on, no other teams were keying on him.  Now they are.  He's good, I like him alot, but when teams gang up on him before he can get into space, he's pretty easy to stop, without a serious passing game and QB to worry about.  He doesn't have the speed to get wide on his own like Jamaal did.  He needs great interior blocking to do his best running,  where he can break tackles in space, and he's not been getting it.  They are using him as a receiver to get into space.  

It looks like a combination of teams figuring out the Chiefs offense to a degree and Hunt hitting the rookie wall. 

I don't think he's hit any rookie wall, just the opposing team's Defensive walls.  You guys totally shut him down.  22 Carries, 46 yards. 

Once he gets into space, he's still breaking tackles and is tough to bring down.  He's just rarely getting into space, as other teams are keying on him now.  Our interior blocking has not been good enough to get him into space, with teams keying on him and not worrying much about the pass.  He's not fast enough to consistently get around the edge.  

This has been a major issue ever since Reid took over. Rather than trying new things we simply give up on the run way too easily. If it's not working with Hunt we should try with West or may be put Sherman in for the I formation, etc. Once the run game started to fail the passing offense turned back to the lame old days. 

Really? Check games 1-3. I believe they were wins. I believe 17 and 13 are less than 18.

Touches...My mistake. But I do believe that they gave up on the run too early. He's had 9 carries in two of our three losses. Theres no way to hope to control the clock or keep this porous defense off the field that way.

And yes I believe if they stick with the run he will bust one loose and also wear out the defenses. If our offensive line is really THIS bad as a run blocking unit then we have no hope for this season anyway. There's a lot of money in that group between Fisher, Schwartz, and LDT. Make them earn it.

I have no illusion that this is a extremely physical line who can maul. But if they are expected to be recognized as good players they need to be able to win more at the LOS. They cant all just be good at pulling and blocking in space. They need to be able to line up and kick people's asses too. If they can't, then there's a large flaw in the construction of our line.

Touches...My mistake. But I do believe that they gave up on the run too early. He's had 9 carries in two of our three losses. Theres no way to hope to control the clock or keep this porous defense off the field that way.

And yes I believe if they stick with the run he will bust one loose and also wear out the defenses. If our offensive line is really THIS bad as a run blocking unit then we have no hope for this season anyway. There's a lot of money in that group between Fisher, Schwartz, and LDT. Make them earn it.

I have no illusion that this is a extremely physical line who can maul. But if they are expected to be recognized as good players they need to be able to win more at the LOS. They cant all just be good at pulling and blocking in space. They need to be able to line up and kick people's asses too. If they can't, then there's a large flaw in the construction of our line.

Pioli basically built an athletic line that was blocking well in space but as the regime changed I was actually expecting a physical group of fatties similar to what Reid had in Philly. As years went on our OL looks more like the 2013 group left from Pioli. It's nice to have athletic guys that can do some extra things but the unit as a whole doesn't create as many pockets as they should and the run blocking is finding new ways to get even worse.

It's on Alex Smith. Teams are putting 8 in the box, so what does that mean?

It's man coverage. Teams know Alex isn't going to beat them so they key in on Hunt.

Andy also can't scheme it out. He's trying so hard to jolt this offense as you saw with the Hill carries. A coach can only do so much to scheme until teams see the tape on it.

At some point your QB has to stand in the pocket, scan the field and make plays when it's man coverage.

Beat writer Terez Paylor believes they are intentionally limiting Hunts touches right now to keep him strong for stretch run. This is where losing Ware really hurts.

He also made point of saying the team looked really beat up in locker room after the game and really needs this break

Beat writer Terez Paylor believes they are intentionally limiting Hunts touches right now to keep him strong for stretch run. This is where losing Ware really hurts.

He also made point of saying the team looked really beat up in locker room after the game and really needs this break

I wouldn't mind seeing more of West in the process. We are simply abandoning the run way too easily. 

Saw somewhere that said on the first drive of the 2nd half, he had 3 carries for 29 yards.  He did not see a carry after that.  That is a head scratcher...

No it's not when you see what was happening in the game.   He had those carries when we were in the game, and took the lead.  On the series after Dallas went up by 4, the second play was a penalty, so it was 2nd and 15 and it took the run away.   He stopped having carries when we were 2 scores behind in the 4th quarter, with under 9 minutes.    

And he had 13 in our win against Philly.  Game flow, how opponent is handling the run, dictates the carries, not some artificial number he has to get to, IMO.  What good is running when you're totally being stoned when you try to run?   They are trying to get him touches in other ways.  It's like fans continually asking Sutton to send Houston.  If Houston doesn't have the burst, and is getting easily handled that week, why keep sending him?    

And he had 13 in our win against Philly.  Game flow, how opponent is handling the run, dictates the carries, not some artificial number he has to get to, IMO.  What good is running when you're totally being stoned when you try to run?   They are trying to get him touches in other ways.  It's like fans continually asking Sutton to send Houston.  If Houston doesn't have the burst, and is getting easily handled that week, why keep sending him?    

Excellent post, my friend.

Can't run the ball when the defense is stacking the damn box. We have to pass to set up the run...Like we did during wks 1-4.

That would make sense. A non AFC game on the road against a good team when the line is not blocking? No reason to kill Hunt. Makes no sense to me what so ever. This game was as meaningless as they get. Smart coaching to protect your player. Without Hunt, we are sunk.

That would make sense. A non AFC game on the road against a good team when the line is not blocking? No reason to kill Hunt. Makes no sense to me what so ever. This game was as meaningless as they get. Smart coaching to protect your player. Without Hunt, we are sunk.

The stupid mother-f'er is the Raiders game. Win that one and we'd not care so much about the Cowboys game. Steelers would be still there because of our past losses to them, but oh well. Oakland would be 3-6, Denver 4-5, etc. F'ing Raiders game.

No it's not when you see what was happening in the game.   He had those carries when we were in the game, and took the lead.  On the series after Dallas went up by 4, the second play was a penalty, so it was 2nd and 15 and it took the run away.   He stopped having carries when we were 2 scores behind in the 4th quarter, with under 9 minutes.    

I agree, it's all about situation and what isn't working.  It would have been great to maybe getting him involved in the passing game but it is what it is....

The stupid mother-f'er is the Raiders game. Win that one and we'd not care so much about the Cowboys game. Steelers would be still there because of our past losses to them, but oh well. Oakland would be 3-6, Denver 4-5, etc. F'ing Raiders game.

That one hurt. That puts the Raider within two games of us instead of back 4.

I could see that. And if this is true then we definitely need to get another back in here to help out. West in a 3rd down back only. Akim hunt needs to be cut. He offers no relief at RB and is terrible at KOR. Let Chasson and DAT return kicks. 

either bring up George Atkinson from the PS or get one off another teams PS. Give Hunt some relief with someone that can run the ball. 

Archived