IS IT A COINCIDENCE?

The last two defeats have come when we've had to travel AWAY on a short week? We went to the Raiders on a Thursday night game and yesterday we go to Dallas having played on Monday. Could that explain why we ran out of gas in the second half against the Boys? Did the lack of preparation time hurt us in these games? Because let's remember, the home side are preparing for us while our guys making plans to travel. 

That and playing good teams on the road is tough. I know we want to win every game. but road games in the NFL aren't gimmies

Yep. Dallas virtually had Monday and Tuesday on us to prepare for the game whilst we played on Monday and then the guys had a rest day on Tuesday I'd presume. And the same day we're travelling to Dallas they would have had that day to prepare for us aswell. That's three days extra preparation than us. 

This, and the fact that the Chiefs are the team to beat. Everyone saw what they did in NE that first game really stamped the Chiefs as one of the best teams in NFL.

Every team knows they need to play sharp up against a qb such as Smith, who rarely turns the ball over, and Reid a future hof coach

This, and the fact that the Chiefs are the team to beat. Everyone saw what they did in NE that first game really stamped the Chiefs as one of the best teams in NFL.

Every team knows they need to play sharp up against a qb such as Smith, who rarely turns the ball over, and Reid a future hof coach

So....after losing 3 of 4 the Chiefs are still the team to beat?

The Thursday night road game is the biggest disadvantage in sports. I'm not really buying the six day week is much of an issue. It will be good however to get back to playing a normal schedule in the second half of the season. I don't remember any schedule like weve had this first nine games. 

So them having more days to prepare didn't play any role in the outcome whatsoever? I disagree. Hell, they may have won if we had played on Sunday like they did, BUT, the Monday game, coupled with the whole Zeke fiasco, didn't do us any favours imo.

Is this your rationale for:

Shitty tackling, Shitty blocking and Shitty coaching?

It's not a coincidence, it's an excuse.

It is an excuse but football is a brutal sport that takes a lot of energy. This is why I personally don’t give a damn about who beats who during the season outside the division. As long as they make the playoffs.

Playoffs = no time for excuses. You lose you’re done

It is an excuse but football is a brutal sport that takes a lot of energy. This is why I personally don’t give a damn about who beats who during the season outside the division. As long as they make the playoffs.

Playoffs = no time for excuses. You lose you’re done

You can't win the Super Bowl if you don't get into the playoffs. The way we are playing right now this is hardly a given. But we are well coached, have a QB playing well and enough talent overall to get this done. 

Is it also a coincidence that prior to the Dallas game we all tossed our 2 cents on about how we feel is the best approach to beat Dallas...and coincidentally most said stop Zeke and make Dak beat us. Well..imo holding Zeke to under 100 is pretty impressive for a run defense that seems to be a real area of concern. So hat's off to them. But..isn't it also a coincidence that Dak did exactly what he had to when Zeke was somewhat iffy?? This signifies the traits of a balanced offense..plain and simple...especially considering that Dallas offensive line is probably the best in the league. Their defense could have been exposed and there were opportunities all over the field..but that didn't happen for many reasons. So it's no coincidence at all why the final score is what it is.

I am not going to make excuses because the players get paid handsomely to play football. However, the chiefs were out right flat with no energy or fight in them. this has been the case for the last 4 games. So is it a combination of all the prime time games coupled with the fact the players know the bye is coming? Don't know.  I do remember this same type of " softness/ lack of heart" issue last year and the year before. I remember the 2 nd game against Denver when Jah Ried took care of Von Miller. I don't recall if it was last year or before that but that was what the chiefs needed at that time. Shit even Ried was saying playing through the whistle.

Archived