THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION IS....

We're not really "great" in any area tbh. We simply have a collection of top-class players in all areas of the field. So on any given day Peters, Houston and Jones (and obviously Berry when fit) might have a good day and keep us in a game. LDT and Morse may keep Smith safe for a play or two so he can get off a few key passes. And Kelce and Hill might go off and score some TD's. We don't have a great defense, we don't have a great offensive-line and we don't have a great offense. We simply have great individuals who can drag the team over the line more often than not. 

This is why our results are erratic because there's no consistency in the defense and the offense. So we can go from scoring forty plus points on NE and Texas, to not getting even twenty points against Pit and Dallas. And we can go from not allowed the Chargers or Pit to get twenty points, to conceding over thirty against Texas and the Raiders. Now I know no team can be robotic and you're gonna have games where things just don't go your way. But our quest after this season must be to at least try and be "great" in one area so we can have something we can rely on. So can we build a great defense? Can we add a few more pieces to the offense and O-line to make us have a truly great offense? That has to be the next step. Bit by bit we've got to try and get to the stage where people talk about our defense like they do about the Seattle posse!!..and they talk about our offense like they did LA rams famous "greatest show on turf". Those standards may seem unrealistic, but if you don't reach for the stars then what's the point of even trying?

At least the playoff collapse is coming early, we'll turn it around and beat up on the crappy teams that we have left on our schedule but sadly that will just mean Sutton won't need to change anything and give us false hope going into the playoffs....

I agree, but I'm not sure the defenses performance is all Sutton's fault anymore.

These guys, on both sides of the ball, are playing uninspired football. They're getting pushed around and manhandled by opposing teams.

Yesterday I saw Witzman and LDT getting pushed back into the backfield several times when Hunt tried to run the ball.

I saw Bailey and Jones being blocked and thrown around by ONE lineman, while DJ was being washed out by another linemen.

Our DB's playing off the WR by 8yds, on a 3rd and 5??

Dak throwing to any WR that Acker was covering....(I think the Acker experiment is a FAIL. Please bring Mitchell back..)

Archived