The great QB's!!!

Win you games like yesterdays one. Rodgers has a bunch of average players around him, but when his team needed him, he marched right up that Dallas field in the last minute and snatched that win right out of their hands. Did anyone really think that Smith was gonna get us out of jail yesterday? Yeah, Smith has a damn good win ratio with the Chiefs, but he tends to be a good front runner and isn't that effective when we're behind. Hell, if you think about our best comebacks in recent years against Atlanta, Carolina and Denver, that was more about the defense than it was about Smith. This is why any suggestions that he deserves another year here are nonsensical to me. We NEED a QB who can take us to the next level, not keep us at the one we're at. 

We already know that Smith isn't a great QB. He might lead some talented players in some games and might fail to do so in others. There have been a lot of teams that won the SB with similar QBs and we are simply trying to be one of those teams in 2017 and just in case that doesn't work out there's the QBOTF who can hopefully make everyone around him a lot better once taking over.

Smith has been better this year when compared to basically his entire career. He seems to have slowed down in recent weeks but that also has something to do with the playcalling which looks to be very off balance. Even though anything is possible I think Chiefs have a very small chance of winning the SB in 2017 but players coming back from injuries could change all that. However I don't expect to see Mahomes thrown in the action as long as this team has a shot at the playoffs. 

Win you games like yesterdays one. Rodgers has a bunch of average players around him...

...and that's why he's out with a broken collarbone and the Packers by the end of the day will likely have dropped to 4-4 and third in the NFC North. There's a minimum threshold of talent that needs to be maintained around a quarterback, or otherwise the quarterback either gets knocked out, or gets to enjoy periods where the pundits are calling "end of the road" as they have for Brady, Rodgers, Manning, etc.

I think that this is an unfair knock on Alex. Andy Reid puts Alex in an unfair position time after time. How many times have we watched the play calling be so conservative that Alex is forced to step up in the fourth quarter? With or without the lead? He’s asked to do it so many times that his fail rate is magnified. For the record, he’s top 30 ALL TIME in QB comebacks, and most of those came in KC as he was never in games in SF to begin with. I mean seriously, with the exception of the Patriots, Alex has been asked to be a 4th quarter hero every game this year. And up until the last few weeks, he was the leading 4th quarterback point scorer in the league...it’s just not plausible to ask one guy to make it happen EVERY week and actually come through.

When we have somebody behind Smith that we are developing drafted high, I said give this a rest, especially when we're getting better quarterback play than most teams and the back up is learning. I don't think anyone here has overly exaggerated this year. We're a team that can play well but can also lose. There have been one or two posters who have been hesitant to crown the homes yet, but I don't think anyone is saying that he won't get his chance because Smith is great. Most are hyping the guy and hope he pans out not just as a regular starter but a great one. That could happen or it could not.

Hunt had 9 attempts. That’s on AR.

The entire offense is an embarrassment. Four weeks in a row the offense has been terrible, and everyone has a hand in it. Reid’s playcalling has been complete shit. Smith has reverted back to throw it away Alex. The line has continued to get stupid presnap penalties. The offense is almost Denver bad over the last month. If not for that one in a million miraculous td before the half, our offense would’ve posted a single td for the second straight game.

The entire offense is an embarrassment. Four weeks in a row the offense has been terrible, and everyone has a hand in it. Reid’s playcalling has been complete shit. Smith has reverted back to throw it away Alex. The line has continued to get stupid presnap penalties. The offense is almost Denver bad over the last month. If not for that one in a million miraculous td before the half, our offense would’ve posted a single td for the second straight game.

Yes!

I could tell every time the chiefs were going to run the ball; and so could the Cowboys. (2 or 3 TE sets, Sherman in the backfield and Alex under the center = RUN)

Couple that with Witzman getting his ass kicked and LDT being rusty, and Schwartz shitting the bed against Lawrence = Bad Alex/No running game.

However, the rush defense did look better when Ragland/KPL was on the field. As soon as DJ came back on the field, Zeke started doing his thing...

Archived