The Phasing out of DJ has begun

Very happy to see.  First game I can remember not seeing him in on 100% of D snaps, barring injury.  Run D was noticeably better, and it's no coincidence.   Would like to see Eligwe get some snaps, but happy with small steps.  http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Snap-Counts-How-Much-Did-Tamba-Hali-Play-in-His-Season-Debut/b1be5068-0a06-4bc6-a9dd-1b6392945215 

Agreed with Eligwe. DJs issues look more mental than physical. Either way, Would like to work in the younger guys more. So the snap counts were:

Zombo with 62 and 5 tckls

DJ with 53 and 4 tckls

Houston with 49 and 2 tckls

KPL with 39 and 7 tckls

Hali with 23 and 1 tckl

Ragland with 20 an 3 tckls

Eligwe with 0

Kpass with 0

KPL and Ragland look to have been the most productive from that stand point. That doesn’t account for QB pressures. But didn’t see a ton of those. Don’t think Houston is healthy hence his low snap count.

Agreed with Eligwe. DJs issues look more mental than physical. Either way, Would like to work in the younger guys more. So the snap counts were:

Zombo with 62 and 5 tckls

DJ with 53 and 4 tckls

Houston with 49 and 2 tckls

KPL with 39 and 7 tckls

Hali with 23 and 1 tckl

Ragland with 20 an 3 tckls

Eligwe with 0

Kpass with 0

KPL and Ragland look to have been the most productive from that stand point. That doesn’t account for QB pressures. But didn’t see a ton of those. Don’t think Houston is healthy hence his low snap count.

I think Houston will be a week to week thing.   Some weeks the explosion will be there to pass rush, some it won't.  Not his fault, or Suttons, just how it is.  

I also read that our nickel LB this time was KPL instead of dirty whiffing dan

Glad to see this adjustment.  KPL is a physical freak and quite possibly just as fast as Dan.  

I also wonder if we are so concern with giving up big plays (not that what we have done is working) that we have stopped being aggressive.   Our D line should be penetrating and attacking, overall we should be aggressive because the results can't be much worse than what we are doing.   I understand we have some issues that Sutton is trying to mask, but if what your doing isn't working then you need to adjust and be creative.   Hopefully they will figure something out after the bye.

Actually encouraging is we actually were decent vs the run in the nickel. And the key was Sutton going away from the safety he has always used with DJ there and opting instread for Kevin Pierre Louis. He's got speed to hold up decent vs the.pass and enough size not to simply get run over. He responses with a career high 7 tackles too.

Actually encouraging is we actually were decent vs the run in the nickel. And the key was Sutton going away from the safety he has always used with DJ there and opting instread for Kevin Pierre Louis. He's got speed to hold up decent vs the.pass and enough size not to simply get run over. He responses with a career high 7 tackles too.

This^^^

I noticed it too. Sorenson was out, and KPL was in.

Hell, KPL can cover just as good as Sorenson, so why not. And it made the run defense against the 3 WR set a little better. I hope we stick with DJ off the field in the base (KPL and Ragland), and then bring DJ in with KPL in Nickle. I would bet $100.00, that his personnel group would improve the rush defense.

Also, I would think that Mitchell has received his "Wake up Call" loud and clear, and needs to be back on the field. Acker is not very good....at all.

By the 4th qtr., Dak was throwing at anyone Acker was covering...And the outcome was not good for us.

Archived