Packers are horrible without AR

Mloe68

So if I said, Alex Smith is only winning here because of the strength of the rest of the roster, you'd disagree, but Rodgers is winning in Green Bay because of the strength of the rest of the roster. Got it.

Actually, I've said that many times that Smith wins when his teammates show up. You're the one trying to paint me as a shameless Smith apologist. I've always argued that surrounding talent has held Smith back, and I've never been inconsistent in this: I've said that surrounding talent has held Rodgers back.

My issue is with your argument that Rodgers has overcome so much as a matter of degrees. He hasn't. He won the Super Bowl in a year in which his offense performed by catching passes and blocking defenders and in which his defense was uncharacteristically dominant. Smith's never had such a year in which everything came together with the other 52. I am not contradicting myself: Rodgers' team isn't terrible, but it failed to protect him the way a Super Bowl-winning roster would be expected to, and now he's sidelined for the majority of the season. Smith's team isn't terrible, but it's not protecting him the way a Super Bowl-winning roster would be expected to. Smith's escaped injury, but this roster has not consistently demonstrated that it can give the requisite support expected of Super Bowl-winning teams.

So if I said, Alex Smith is only winning here because of the strength of the rest of the roster, you'd disagree, but Rodgers is winning in Green Bay because of the strength of the rest of the roster. Got it.

When your QB only produces 3,300 yards and 15 TDs, your overall roster better be finding other ways to get the ball into the end zone or at least provide a short field. Guys like Rodgers make it easier on their overall roster (and thus can better overcome roster weaknesses) with him routinely throwing for 4,000 plus yards, 30 TDs and not many INTs. It's Football 101. 

Archived