Should we go for proven players during the postseason?

We all get excited about the draft and all, but with only five picks to play with, and several players on our roster that we may want to get rid of, would it be wise to trade away our picks for proven players and also attack the free agency market? For example. I'd be more than happy to give away Alex Smith, plus a third-round pick, in order to get Patrick Peterson from Zona. We'd then have Peters and him as our CB's which would be incredible. Then we could use our second round pick on a proven defensive talent from somewhere (Blake Martinez from the Packers looks impressive to me). Meanwhile, we could use free agency to perhaps lure Jarvis Landry our way as well. So that would be a quality WR added. 

I think the way this team is now, we're most likely gonna get to the playoffs and win our division for the second year running (hopefully). So if we do fail in the playoffs again, would rookies really be enough to get us over that hump? I think we'd need a new strategy tbh. We should have enough cap space if we get rid of the likes of Smith, Hali, Johnson, Mitchell, Sorensen, Ford, Gaines, Acker, Colquitt, Harris etc. So why not try something new?

I'm all for upgrading and chiefs will have to go young. We need an large overhaul on the d side. Offense we get Ware / comely back. We need another stud TE and a legitimate WR.

Lots of areas to upgrade but only so much money and assets.

Will be interesting off season to say the least.

I'm all for upgrading and chiefs will have to go young. We need an large overhaul on the d side. Offense we get Ware / comely back. We need another stud TE and a legitimate WR.

Lots of areas to upgrade but only so much money and assets.

Will be interesting off season to say the least.

Yeah because it will be the first chance for Veach to stamp his ideas on the organisation so what he does will be very interesting indeed.

Archived