Andy Reid chicks**t for not putting in Mahomes in 3rd long situations.

2012. No Super Bowl win. Do you want exciting sandlotting, or do you want winning football?

I certainly hope and expect more than 2 playoff wins from Mahomes after twelve years In the league . That's for sure. But he can wait one more year to get that started.

I'm fine with Mahomes sitting out the year regardless of the Smith situation unless the Chiefs are out of the playoff race by week 13 or something. This team is built to function with Smith's style of play and there's no need to risk Mahomes behind this OL and terrible run game. Let's fix those and then bring him up.

If people are losing their minds this year over Alex Smith's play this season, what do you think is going to happen when Mahomes turns out to be not very good?

I'm hopeful he's a stud, but the chances of him being a top 3/top 5 QB are very, very small.

Seriously. Stop microwaving mahomes. He'll be ready when he's ready. This is not a sprint it's a marathon.

Old core guys deserve to see this through with Alex who is having a career season. But man am I excited for the next era. Andy knows QBs and will know when that should start.

Old core guys deserve to see this through with Alex who is having a career season. But man am I excited for the next era. Andy knows QBs and will know when that should start.

Yup.  I'm no fan of Smith, but this year is his, unless 1)he gets injured or 2)this season absolutely falls apart and we're eliminated from playoff contention with a game or two remaining, which would be time to make the change.  Other than those two scenarios, the only way Mahomes sees time this year is in the 4th quarter mop up time of a blowout game, which isn't very likely to happen. 

No other team in the NFL does something like this, and there is a reason.  It disrupts continuity as well as having a proven track record of failure.  Very few colleges do this even...and those guys do anything.  Sure, every once in awhile for one play might have more success due to the defense being caught off, but overall it just doesn't seem to work...

If people are losing their minds this year over Alex Smith's play this season, what do you think is going to happen when Mahomes turns out to be not very good?

I'm hopeful he's a stud, but the chances of him being a top 3/top 5 QB are very, very small.

Great post man. I like how you say "when" Mahomes turns out not to be very good. I dont know why I'm surprised. You've been captain of the Smith fan club since I've known you. You probably hope we extend him.

Seriously.   Mahomes can not do any WORSE.  Why not?   Let him use his legs and 'speed' to scare defenses.

He might also find more open wr's by being elusive.

Why not?

It might be a good idea for you to stop posting. Alex is definitely not the problem. And creating division and a QB controversy is definitely not the answer. 

Let Mahomes develop. Next year will be his year. Don't rush it for your personal gratification.

Palangi.  I think I will keep posting even if you don't like it.

I will say most  of you don't get it.   Mahomes is FASTER and STRONGER than Alex.   He can get the ball DOWN FIELD which we aren't doing anymore.

Our Oline sucks and isn't giving Alex enough time too.  Mahomes gives you a chance.

Chickenshi** = most of your cowardly comments.

Palangi. I think I will keep posting even if you don't like it.

I will say most of you don't get it. Mahomes is FASTER and STRONGER than Alex. He can get the ball DOWN FIELD which we aren't doing anymore.

Our Oline sucks and isn't giving Alex enough time too. Mahomes gives you a chance.

He's not faster but can get the ball there faster.

KCSL. Mahomes can out scramble Alex . He's faster. Stonger too.

I've heard the opposite from other sources comparing the two saying that Smith is more mobile and athletically fast, so you stick with your opinion, it's ok. Smith is getting older, Mahomes is the heir apparent.

Palangi. I think I will keep posting even if you don't like it.

I will say most of you don't get it. Mahomes is FASTER and STRONGER than Alex. He can get the ball DOWN FIELD which we aren't doing anymore.

Our Oline sucks and isn't giving Alex enough time too. Mahomes gives you a chance.

Here is the problem-

You don't know us yet...

We have stated our stance.

It's tired.

You are saying some things we have all said.

You are not saying anything new.

Take solace in the FACT that you will see Mahomes sooner rather than later.

The MAJORITY here agree to a degree.

Relax and enjoy the fact that the chiefs are in 1st and will still proabaly win the division.

Palangi.  I think I will keep posting even if you don't like it.

I will say most  of you don't get it.   Mahomes is FASTER and STRONGER than Alex.   He can get the ball DOWN FIELD which we aren't doing anymore.

Our Oline sucks and isn't giving Alex enough time too.  Mahomes gives you a chance.

You can post all you want. But your opinion is not fact either

Please read the board rules before posting again. They are pinned at the top of this forum.

You are new so i will give a verbal warning only for now. Please remember that this is not a normal message board and it is not the wild west internet. Posters who consistently can't treat other members with respect are not on this board because they've been banned.

Btw cursing is allowed. We're all adults. You can post the word shit. And chickenshit. You can not direct it at another poster however.

Archived