What impact do you expect Mahomes to make on the team?

Are we talking Deshaun Watson type of impact straight out the gate? Does he have good and bad spells in his first season like Wentz? Or do you think it might be a tough learning curve in his first season? Personally, I think we'll see a few interceptions because he's very much a risk taker. But we'll also see some world-class play from the kid and on occasions, he'll win us games we have no right in winning. I don't think it will be a Watson type of impact off the bat, I just think he'll slowly, but surely, grow into his role and eventually he's gonna be a rockstar. Although tbh, when you hear Kelce speak about the "incredible" things Mahomes is doing is practice, then who knows? Maybe he might take the NFL by storm right from the jump.

He'll be a high-ceiling, low-floor sort of player. I expect him to put up big yardage against terrible offenses, and to get stymied by the league's best defenses. If his above-the-shoulders can match his arm talent, he can be amazing, like Brett Favre. His floor is Kaepernick.

If he can learn from Alex his ceiling is amazing. I agree more aaron rodgers than brett favre. Floor is i don't know where, probably at home playing Madden instead of in the NFL. Who knows with qb's. It's the hardest position in sports.

I think the first year might be maddening for some fans who will want him to be great right away.

But i also believe he's going to show some crazy "holy shit HOW in the hell did he do that" stuff that will settle people down.

Of course you'll also see some crazy "holy shit WHY in the hell did he do that".

I think his first year we will struggle to play .500 ball. I think he will make a ton of mistakes, force a ton of throws, and may have as many INTs as TDs. That combined with a new DC and a lot of turnover with defensive personnel will make it a transitional year.

Year 2 I expect a playoff push, and the same every year following. The difference being, we will have a QB who can put the team on his back when other areas fail and considers it his job to do so. Rather than a QB who absolutely cannot beat a team who takes away other facets of our game and dares/forces him to beat them. Alex Smith is only a really good QB when everything falls into place around him and goes how it was drawn up. He didn't earn the name "Captain Checkdown" by accident.

The year of watching will likely pay dividends. Underestimates the speed of NFL safeties and LBs throwing a few picks, but overall plays like a stud from the beginning. Improving the line is important for him a Hunt, but those two together will make thus offend hum.

I think his first year we will struggle to play .500 ball. I think he will make a ton of mistakes, force a ton of throws, and may have as many INTs as TDs. That combined with a new DC and a lot of turnover with defensive personnel will make it a transitional year.

Year 2 I expect a playoff push, and the same every year following. The difference being, we will have a QB who can put the team on his back when other areas fail and considers it his job to do so. Rather than a QB who absolutely cannot beat a team who takes away other facets of our game and dares/forces him to beat them. Alex Smith is only a really good QB when everything falls into place around him and goes how it was drawn up. He didn't earn the name "Captain Checkdown" by accident.

Smith has made lemonade from lemons but people really want hard lemonade. He doesn't need things perfect and to fall into place. He has minimized a lot of what could've happened with a lesser quarterback. He could've done better if things fell into place more, but that doesn't mean that all that positive we have accomplished with him has been things being made for him and all the negative that we have had was because of his weaknesses. I believe he can be good without being good enough. I think he can help some players like Kelce but limit other players like some receivers.

He will push us over the top and win us a sb or two while here. First year we will go to the playoffs with him and win a game and maybe to afc championship. I think Reid knows how to win by playing yo his strengths as we have seen with Smith. Many here have said we can have a Qb do the same easy passes he makes consistently, so we will see. If so though, his strengths will push us over in the long run. I hope we have an elite Qb on our hand finally

We will have a QB that actually throws to guys who are slightly covered in the middle of the field. A QB that can draw pass interference penalties. If he can do that while not making awful mistakes every game, we will have a guy with great ceiling and entertainment value. As better as Alex has played, he still mostly throws sideline, swing, and middle field safety net stuff to Kelce. I still don’t see Alex throwing to slightly covered guys and generating the PI stuff. Alex has played much better and thrown deep better, but teams have figured him out again.

800 points a year, eh?

January 11, 2004. The integrity of my fanship gets belittled regularly for the timing of my arrival, but I marvel at how the memories of the so-called "real fans" can be so short.

The offense had some critical errors that cost us that game. When you devote that much of your money and resources to one side of the ball, they need to deliver. That 2003 team was a hoax anyway. The 2005 team was the best of the Vermeil era and they didn't even make the playoffs. 

Archived