Nagy on Mahomes: "He has really really good field vision, REALLY good"

Another new article HERE about our young QB in waiting. Great stuff from Terez once again and I wonder whether it's just a coincidence that this now the SECOND person from within the camp who is waxing lyrical about him after Kelce did that just a week or so ago? :D 

Some of the things I liked hearing was about him working on his footwork, watching countless videos to learn schemes, simulating the next opponents QB (This habit will allow him to adopt a different style for certain plays if needed in a particular game) and also learning the art of protecting the ball. Because we know he's an artist out there who can do most things well, especially on the creative side, and everyone expects him to be a gunslinger. BUT, adding the ability to nurture that ball would only make him a more potent weapon, wouldn't it? 

If this kid manages to live up to the "next Rodgers" tag, then Imo we can only start popping some bottles because we WILL be going to more than a few Superbowls my friends. 

And in closing, I simply cannot see how there is any way that Alex stays beyond this season? Because if folks are this hyped about Mahomes behind the scenes then surely they are thinking that he will be the main man next season? 

He came in extremely raw for a top ten pick but with first overall pick arm talent. We've seen many of these types fail but clearly the X factor here is his work ethic, instincts and intelligence. Working with Alex this year and the best QB head coach in the game is a perfect combo. I can't express enough how much optimism I have about our future with him. We just need to be patient and realistic about his development. But stories like this only add to the excitement.

I'll say it again and again. When we made this move this organization emphatically said just being good isn't good enough. This is not the same old Chiefs organization anymore no matter what happens this year.

in reality what do you  think he was going to say.. he's blind?  its all a sales job..until he takes the reigns  and is the starting QB its all just  a sales job..betcha they didn't say that crap about Rogers in GB when he was drafted..probably down played his ability to the fullest.. you all keep buying their propaganda. I'll wait n see  when/if he gets on the field. Hell he could tear an ACL tomorrow going up  an escalator at Macy's and be the biggest bust since Percy Snow.

If he turns out to be a top 10 QB  while in the league we should count our lucky stars

in reality what do you  think he was going to say.. he's blind?  its all a sales job..until he takes the reigns  and is the starting QB its all just  a sales job..betcha they didn't say that crap about Rogers in GB when he was drafted..probably down played his ability to the fullest.. you all keep buying their propaganda. I'll wait n see  when/if he gets on the field. Hell he could tear an ACL tomorrow going up  an escalator at Macy's and be the biggest bust since Percy Snow.

If he turns out to be a top 10 QB  while in the league we should count our lucky stars

Well nobody has to say anything, do they? A simple "he's doing ok, still learning the ropes" would have sufficed I'm sure. But when you have Kelce, and now Nagy, come out like this and wax lyrical about him it does wet the appetite a little!!..come on oldtimer no need to play spoil sport right now!!..there's no harm in dreaming that Pat could really turn out to be exactly what we hope he will be :D

Well nobody has to say anything, do they? A simple "he's doing ok, still learning the ropes" would have sufficed I'm sure. But when you have Kelce, and now Nagy, come out like this and wax lyrical about him it does wet the appetite a little!!..come on oldtimer no need to play spoil sport right now!!..there's no harm in dreaming that Pat could really turn out to be exactly what we hope he will be :D

but thats my job..lol

I don't really buy this. Mum is usually the word when there isn't much positive to say. I can tell you I listened to a Denver beat writer talk about Paxton Lynch last offseason and he said the Broncos company line was simply that they weren't giving up on him. There's a lot more than luck involved here except when it comes to injuries. That point is absolutely true. On point though the bold way we went out and targeted our QB was a change of organizational philosophy from anything we have seen in decades. That is almost as important as Mahomes himself as we acknowledge yes we do not to try and be elite at the most important position in sports. 

Keep him off the mopeds

If we had motivations to say one thing or another it would be praising Smith and putting the breaks on Mahomes because that would be the only way, besides multiple teams trying to trade for Smith, to up Smith's value - we could keep Smith because Mahomes is progressing along normally... but wow, he's ready and has all the intangibles and learning quickly doesn't exactly say we might keep Smith so give us your best offer...

Having said all that, I think everyone and every team knows that Smith is out next year - if Smith wins the SB and MVP, it only ups the ante, not removes it. Unless Mahomes is, umm, still learning, and we had the SB and MVP on the team, yada, yada, yada.

If we had motivations to say one thing or another it would be praising Smith and putting the breaks on Mahomes because that would be the only way, besides multiple teams trying to trade for Smith, to up Smith's value - we could keep Smith because Mahomes is progressing along normally... but wow, he's ready and has all the intangibles and learning quickly doesn't exactly say we might keep Smith so give us your best offer...

Having said all that, I think everyone and every team knows that Smith is out next year - if Smith wins the SB and MVP, it only ups the ante, not removes it. Unless Mahomes is, umm, still learning, and we had the SB and MVP on the team, yada, yada, yada.

Andy won't let Veach pull the trigger in my opinion unless he thinks Mahomes is mentally ready to not only handle offense but struggles of learning curve. I just think all signs point to him being just that. On the other hand he just turned 22 a few months ago and didn't even play organized football until high school. It does matter. Alex definitely got thrown to the wolves to early as a 21 year old. What he would have paid for a year behind a guy like himself.

Terez Paylor needs to validate his previous propaganda about drafting a quarterback in the first round by extracting positive reports about Mahomes from anyone willing to compliment him.

Mahomes is naturally gaining experience the longer he is in Kansas City. This is a non-story.

Yawn...

Whatever. You have your favorites. Others have theirs. At least the favorites of others are out on the field earning their accolades. What have half of these other jokers done? On other teams, they'd make those annual "Most Disappointing Free-Agent Adds" lists.

Smith has disappointed plenty.

Archived