Could we ever build a "No Fly Zone" or "Legion Of Boom" type of secondary at KC?

I can't help but look at those two secondaries with admiration and I just wonder if we will ever see anything like this in KC? 

Right now we have Peters at left CB and of course Berry at first safety who, if both are healthy next season, could be part of a top class secondary. It's just a matter of getting another quality CB and safety who can complement those two and take things to the next level. Like I've said previously, I'd be willing to trade Smith and a fifth/six round pick for Patrick Peterson at Arizona. Then just build from there. 

If Berry returns 100% and we can find another solid CB I think Chiefs could have a scary secondary starting with 2018. Would be great to find another solid Safety (similar to what Branch was for us) but I think we will continue adding another solid DB to the mix every year. 

If Berry returns 100% and we can find another solid CB I think Chiefs could have a scary secondary starting with 2018. Would be great to find another solid Safety (similar to what Branch was for us) but I think we will continue adding another solid DB to the mix every year.

Whoa there. Tyvon Branch was never that good in his stint with the Chiefs. The Chiefs signed him expecting solid play, but received very un-solid play.

It wasn't until he left KC that he finally started playing well.

Whoa there. Tyvon Branch was never that good in his stint with the Chiefs. The Chiefs signed him expecting solid play, but received very un-solid play.

It wasn't until he left KC that he finally started playing well.

Completely disagree. Branch and Abdullah made a Berry absence sting much less than it does today. Completely comparable and indisputable.

We’ve never had more than one great player at any position level. Usually only one great linemen, linebacker, corner, and safety. Until we get two or three in a position area, no.

That secondary Marty inherited in 1989 was pretty special. Albert Lewis Kevin Ross, Lloyd Burris and Deron Cherry.

Archived