AFC West not what most expected

Chargers find the most pathetic ways to lose. Player running out of bounds on what should have been a game ending interception. Dont understand players celebrating and taunting so much. What happen to TEAM vs I?

Great to see the Jackass Donkeys get punked again. Will enjoy the replay.

This division is simply not that great. 

Chiefs win this at 10-6. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiefs likely win the division which should be cause for major celebration regardless of the state of the division...the Chiefs have never in their history won back to back division titles. A sad fact that hopefully will be rectified.

I hope we win 10 straight. Get a couple sb wins too. I am sick of the b.s. Broncos fan of a friend I have stating number of division titles they have then sb they have been too and finally seeing a sb win in his life time too.

I hope we win 10 straight. Get a couple sb wins too. I am sick of the b.s. Broncos fan of a friend I have stating number of division titles they have then sb they have been too and finally seeing a sb win in his life time too.

I understand. I work with a die hard Broncos fan. He is as annoying and obnoxious as it gets. And although I am relishing the misery he is going through with the Broncos now, history has not been kind to Chiefs fans. We have so little to show as far as accomplishments with the Chiefs. Here's hoping that changes in the near future.

Raiders are the only threat now, barring a total and complete collapse.   If We handle business next week against the NYG(a wounded animal at it's lowest point, like they were against Denver a few weeks ago= Dangerous), and NE does the same to Oak, that will pretty much wrap it up.   We are probably locked into the #3 or #4 seed, barring a complete turnaround by our D.   I suspect #4, with a 9-7 or 10-6 record.   

Realistically, if the above scenario happens next week, we'll have 1 must game to win the division, Dec 10th hosting Oakland.  Win that, and we could even win the division at 8-8, although I wouldn't want to cut it that close.  

We play one team with a winning record for the rest of the season(Buff @ 5-4), and they may not even have that by the time we play them.  

I think 5 playoff positions are virtually locked up in the AFC, just a question of seeding:

NE

Pitt

KC

Jax

Tenn

6th spot will be a dogfight.   8-8, even 7-9 with tiebreakers could get it.  

Early prediction:  Denver starting QB next year will be Chad Kelly.  

Personally I could give 2 craps about this. Sick of the consolation prizes.

Ehh, it's better than not getting it. We don't have a first round pick this year so even if we bounce, it's better than landing the good draft slot (though I would rather have a high second round pick than a low second round pick if we don't win it all anyway).

8 wins will likely be good enough to win this bad division. That said, it would take a pretty epic collapse for the Chiefs to only end up with 8 wins. I still think we get to 10-6, but this team definitely has warts.

Going 4-3 from this point with our remaining schedule? We'd have a lot more than warts. But it's possible, unfortunately. No game is a gimme, but this stretch is when we are supposed to build momentum. It might be fools gold momentum, some people say, but if we can't even win fools gold it's like not even being able to produce in garbage time.

8  wins will likely be good enough to win this bad division.  That said, it would take a pretty epic collapse for the Chiefs to only end up with 8 wins.  I still think we get to 10-6, but this team definitely has warts. 

Yes, we play some really bad teams from here on out

at Giants 

Bills

at Jets

Raiders

Chargers

Dolphins

at Broncos

only 3 road games and theoretically we should be playing Mahomes in the last game against Denver and resting starters.  The other two road games both at Metlife against two crappy NY teams.  Buffalo is on the verge of collapsing (or already has), Miami still has Cutler and the Chargers are ready for their regular seasons swan dive.  I know it is any given sunday and we seem to play to the level of our competition but this end of the year schedule is awful....

Kc lost two close games against Pitts inc last years playoff game. Crushed NE week 1. Anything can happen! Game on! 

Pittsburgh is more of a tossup game.

But if they Play NE, I see less of a KC win.  NE unlike the chiefs tend to get better as the season rolls on.  Also the fact that NE Never seems to lose to the same team twice in one year.  Berry factor will really show when they have to cover Gronk and now Bennet.   Not liking the match-up at all.

But if they Play NE, I see less of a KC win.  NE unlike the chiefs tend to get better as the season rolls on.  Also the fact that NE Never seems to lose to the same team twice in one year.  Berry factor will really show when they have to cover Gronk and now Bennet.   Not liking the match-up at all.

KC is 18-2 the past two seasons after their bye week including going 10-0 after a 1-5 start in 2015 and going 10-2 after a 2-2 start in 2016.

Yeah, it’s very obvious now how overrated the AFC West is. There were some “experts” predicting that 3 teams (KC, Oak, Den) would be in the playoffs from the West this year.

Regardless of how bad the West is though, it sure seems like the Steelers and Patriots will be the last two standing in this conference.

As for the remaining games. I'm really hoping we can make a statement and really get back on the horse over these next seven fixtures. We have the ability to win them all imo. And IF we can do that then it would make our odds of winning In January so much better. Personally, I think next weeks game is MASSIVE. We just need to win it. Whether it's a blowout or by a tiny margin, they just need to get over the line and build some confidence now.

Let me qualify that.  And then carries it on into the playoffs and ALLLLL those superbowls.

you mean completely change what you said earlier that was factually wrong about KC?

Yeah, if only the Chiefs or any NFL team could go to 7 SBs and win 5 in 17 years.   Then, maybe just then KC fans could be happy.

Not sure though.

As for the remaining games. I'm really hoping we can make a statement and really get back on the horse over these next seven fixtures. We have the ability to win them all imo. And IF we can do that then it would make our odds of winning In January so much better. Personally, I think next weeks game is MASSIVE. We just need to win it. Whether it's a blowout or by a tiny margin, they just need to get over the line and build some confidence now.

For the team, yes, that would be good. 

Regardless, even with a 7-0 run the fans will just say "Yeah, but we lost to Oak, DAL and PIT so we won't go anywhere in the playoffs".

Archived