AFC West not what most expected

you mean completely change what you said earlier that was factually wrong about KC?

Yeah, if only the Chiefs or any NFL team could go to 7 SBs and win 5 in 17 years.   Then, maybe just then KC fans could be happy.

Not sure though.

I'd be happy with one..

Reg season stats. Div titles etc... No matter how pretty, have never been good for KC when it counts...

All just fluff..  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the team, yes, that would be good. 

Regardless, even with a 7-0 run the fans will just say "Yeah, but we lost to Oak, DAL and PIT so we won't go anywhere in the playoffs".

As a fan I dont care what THE FANS or MEDIA THINKS. I just like my favorite team to win & especially beat AFC WEst Teams. . Let others enjoy whatever way or whatever it takes for them. 

Last 5 games:

NE 5-0

KC 2-3

Only team with a winning record NE faced during that stretch is now ATL after winning yesterday.  Prior to yesterday, all 5 wins for NE were against losing teams with a combined season record of 18-28.

The only wins NE has over winning teams at this point is over NO and ATL.  ATL just got to 5-4 yesterday, NE played NO in week 2 early in the year.  You know, like how KC beat NE in a meaningless week 1 win?

Amazing what a train wreck Elway has built in Denver. He fluked into Manning, otherwise every QB he's drafted including two first rounders have been complete trash. Just absolutely wasting a good veteran defense. Chargers are playing better and Boss is a star but they have no QB beyond Rivers. It's really looking like a Chiefs-Raiders division battle for the foreseeable future.

If we can run off 4 division titles in 6 years or something like that we are going to become a real January threat especially as Brady and Big Ben nearing the end. As for this year we've proven with our A game we can compete with elite. We just haven't seen that A game in over a month which is indeed concerning.

I'd be happy with one..

Reg season stats. Div titles etc... No matter how pretty, have never been good for KC when it counts...

All just fluff..  

We're all ready for the Chiefs to do more damage in the playoffs. 

Amazing what a train wreck Elway has built in Denver. He fluked into Manning, otherwise every QB he's drafted including two first rounders have been complete trash. Just absolutely wasting a good veteran defense. Chargers are playing better and Boss is a star but they have no QB beyond Rivers. It's really looking like a Chiefs-Raiders division battle for the foreseeable future.

If we can run off 4 division titles in 6 years or something like that we are going to become a real January threat especially as Brady and Big Ben nearing the end. As for this year we've proven with our A game we can compete with elite. We just haven't seen that A game in over a month which is indeed concerning.

Now, help me. I'm trying to figure out my bias. I've tried to like/not like Ossweiller objectively (not because of Denver) because of how he acted like he made it after he replaced Manning. All of his interviews talked emphatically (phony/cliched/dorky) about how he did not waste one minute learning from the old guy as if he had turned the corner already. Then he got upset to be replaced by Manning who won the Super Bowl. Then he didn't sign with Denver after Manning left because of that. Then he got a big contract in Houston and didn't deliver. And he went to Cleveland and can't even compete for that bunch if QBs. And then now he's back he loses to Siemien (so.?), and when he takes over doesn't even play well. He's getting multiple opportunities. Is it because he's a Bronco?

He's like the anti-Alex Smith. Smith has done things with his opportunities even when he has lost them. He stuck around as a starter even though a lot of people act like he would be out. Osweiller never did anything with his chances. But I don't know how to do it either, especially in camps, etc. I'm sure he's tried hard.

Now, help me. I'm trying to figure out my bias. I've tried to like/not like Ossweiller objectively (not because of Denver) because of how he acted like he made it after he replaced Manning. All of his interviews talked emphatically (phony/cliched/dorky) about how he did not waste one minute learning from the old guy as if he had turned the corner already. Then he got upset to be replaced by Manning who won the Super Bowl. Then he didn't sign with Denver after Manning left because of that. Then he got a big contract in Houston and didn't deliver. And he went to Cleveland and can't even compete for that bunch if QBs. And then now he's back he loses to Siemien (so.?), and when he takes over doesn't even play well. He's getting multiple opportunities. Is it because he's a Bronco?

He's like the anti-Alex Smith. Smith has done things with his opportunities even when he has lost them. He stuck around as a starter even though a lot of people act like he would be out. Osweiller never did anything with his chances. But I don't know how to do it either, especially in camps, etc. I'm sure he's tried hard.

I think he was intended to be a cheap 3rd string quarterback. Then Lynch went down and he's a cheap 2nd string quarterback. They gave Trevor every chance, but he was so terrible that they really didn't have a choice. I don't necessarily think it was Osweiller landing on his feet so much as a dumpster fire that made him the best option.

I don't know what you are asking....

Chargers find the most pathetic ways to lose. Player running out of bounds on what should have been a game ending interception. Dont understand players celebrating and taunting so much. What happen to TEAM vs I?

Great to see the Jackass Donkeys get punked again. Will enjoy the replay.

This division is simply not that great. 

Chiefs win this at 10-6. 

So you're a Chiefs fan again now :lol: :lol: ?

yeahhhhhhh, the Chiefs aren't going 4-3 over these last 7 games.

I’m not sure what they finish. Are they the better team on paper than their opponents- yes. Does that in and of itself win football games - no. Point being - nothing surprises me to n the NFL. Regardless, I’m more concerned about what the Chiefs are able to accomplish in the playoffs.

I’m not sure what they finish. Are they the better team on paper than their opponents- yes. Does that in and of itself win football games - no. Point being - nothing surprises me to n the NFL. Regardless, I’m more concerned about what the Chiefs are able to accomplish in the playoffs.

Those two things are related. We could win just go 2 and 5 and probably still win the division. But then you are playing on the road somewhere in the northeast right off the bat. If we win out, we are much more likely to make noise later.

I don't know what you are asking....

I'm not really asking anything but thinking outloud whether I would see him differently if he weren't a Bronco. For example, there are parallels between Osweiller and Hoyer, I suppose, or Fitzpatrick and I'm like, poor rich men just trying to make it work. Ossweiller? Good riddance.

I think they are just that desperate. Shows just how little they think of Lynch. If the Broncos had Alex Smith they would be at least three games better. Funny quote below from Broncos beat writer on Twitter sums things up.

"Aqib Talib recovered from a gunshot wound faster than Paxton Lynch has from a minor shoulder injury."

Colts outplayed Pitt yesterday and only a game saving tackle on conversion return kept Indy from actually winning. In this league there are no gimmes especially when you don't play well. Which we haven't in over a month. Hoping this bye week rejuvenated us.

So what do you think of your head coach? Would you give him another year to sort out this mess? :D

It was a horrible homer hire by Elway, Vance Joseph is BY FAR the worst HC in the NFL, he makes Josh McDaniel look like Vince Lombardi.  Joseph took a Super Bowl defense and turned it into butter in half a season, took Kubiak's efficient though unspectacular offense, UPGRADED on the OL in the offseason, and made it one of the worst in the NFL, along with that dumbass Mike McCoy, who has always sucked.  Now the always competent special teams sucks as well.  It was so stupid to release Wade Phillips, that should have been a stipulation Elway placed on any HC he hired, Wade stays no matter what.

So to answer your question HEEEELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO, I would not give him another season to sort out his mess, he should be fired if not before this season ends, certainly immediately afterwards.

It was a horrible homer hire by Elway, Vance Joseph is BY FAR the worst HC in the NFL, he makes Josh McDaniel look like Vince Lombardi. Joseph took a Super Bowl defense and turned it into butter in half a season, took Kubiak's efficient though unspectacular offense, UPGRADED on the OL in the offseason, and made it one of the worst in the NFL, along with that dumbass Mike McCoy, who has always sucked. Now the always competent special teams sucks as well. It was so stupid to release Wade Phillips, that should have been a stipulation Elway placed on any HC he hired, Wade stays no matter what.

So to answer your question HEEEELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO, I would not give him another season to sort out his mess, he should be fired if not before this season ends, certainly immediately afterwards.

I thought the Phillips may have left because he wasn't offered the head coaching job. But then again, I've also heard they didn't want to head coach. That last one might be a rumor spread by age-ists.

The fact that Vance Joseph is incompetent, I expect an extension before the season is done. The rationale will be lame duck. I'm not being serious because he didn't sign a one year deal. Let's see if he gets the vote of confidence death knell.

I thought the Phillips may have left because he wasn't offered the head coaching job. But then again, I've also heard they didn't want to head coach. That last one might be a rumor spread by age-ists.

The fact that Vance Joseph is incompetent, I expect an extension before the season is done. The rationale will be lame duck. I'm not being serious because he didn't sign a one year deal. Let's see if he gets the vote of confidence death knell.

The fans may force Elway's hand either way if the Broncos keep getting embarrassed every week.  They aren't even competitive right now.

It was a horrible homer hire by Elway, Vance Joseph is BY FAR the worst HC in the NFL, he makes Josh McDaniel look like Vince Lombardi.  Joseph took a Super Bowl defense and turned it into butter in half a season, took Kubiak's efficient though unspectacular offense, UPGRADED on the OL in the offseason, and made it one of the worst in the NFL, along with that dumbass Mike McCoy, who has always sucked.  Now the always competent special teams sucks as well.  It was so stupid to release Wade Phillips, that should have been a stipulation Elway placed on any HC he hired, Wade stays no matter what.

LOL!  I  thought  he was ok early in the season, but I don't follow the  NFL that heavy anymore and knew nothing about him.  Letting Wade Phillips go was a head scratcher and mistake.

Archived