mocking the bye...

The Chiefs desperately need a new DE. Bennie Logan has been or only solid run defender up front, and as much as I like Chris Jones, he's been extremely poor and inconsistent defending the run.

I really liked what I saw from KPL and Ragland in the Dallas game. Seems like they are starting to really get the gist of the defense, which for Ragland is great bc he's basically a rookie.

DJ is a huge reason we are not doing well stopping the run and it sucks, but it's reality. He's not hitting the hole to stop runs anymore.

We also miss Eric Berry really bad.

"We also miss Eric Berry really bad."

This^^^^!

I really didn't think his absence would have such a YUUUUUUGE impact. Mainly because during his first two injuries, we didn't look this bad.

But now, we can't seem to stop the run or cover any average/above average TE's without him.

The Chiefs desperately need a new DE. Bennie Logan has been or only solid run defender up front, and as much as I like Chris Jones, he's been extremely poor and inconsistent defending the run.

I really liked what I saw from KPL and Ragland in the Dallas game. Seems like they are starting to really get the gist of the defense, which for Ragland is great bc he's basically a rookie.

DJ is a huge reason we are not doing well stopping the run and it sucks, but it's reality. He's not hitting the hole to stop runs anymore.

We also miss Eric Berry really bad.

I agree with this. Chris Jones had underwhelmed this year. DJ had list several steps.

Ragland and KPL did look pretty good against Dallas. And I know the coaches are excited for eligwe. Who has done very well on special teams

"We also miss Eric Berry really bad."

This^^^^!

I really didn't think his absence would have such a YUUUUUUGE impact. Mainly because during his first two injuries, we didn't look this bad.

But now, we can't seem to stop the run or cover any average/above average TE's without him.

Having Berry PROBABLY have meant the difference in the OAK and PIT losses.  Imagine the Chiefs being 8-1 right now with the softer part of the schedule ahead.  Sure, injuries are part of the game and affect all teams and at least we haven't lost a Rodgers, Watkins, or Tannehill.  What has happened to Ramik Wilson?  Did he play that poorly or is he in the doghouse for something?  He has a nose for the ball but is lacking in top speed from what I've seen.  Still, he's played well at times and hasn't played much, if any, in the last couple of games.

Josh Jackson, former WR converted to cb by Iowa that can clear 7 feet on the high jump at 6'1" and 195 pounds. Very athletic and is tearing it up for Iowa. 1st round talent that may come out this year

I think he's a sophomore, correct? I don't hunk he can declare for 2018, but I would certainly endorse taking the kid early. Crazy ball skills and an impact player all the way around.

Jackson is a red shirt Junior. He can come back next year if he so decides but he also can declare. I bet he does see his options though after the season. Josey Jewell would be a godsend if he were to fall into the 2nd round at ILB. The LBs at Iowa are very solid and know how to cover TEs and such too as they do it so much at Iowa.

Jackson is a red shirt Junior. He can come back next year if he so decides but he also can declare. I bet he does see his options though after the season. Josey Jewell would be a godsend if he were to fall into the 2nd round at ILB. The LBs at Iowa are very solid and know how to cover TEs and such too as they do it so much at Iowa.

Got it.  Jewell is a beast.  Jackson has come out of nowhere this year and is pretty impressive.

Archived