Mid Season Pick Ups? Not KC.

Seahawks signed CB Byron Maxwell, formerly of the Dolphins.

Maxwell fell out of favor with Dolphins coaches earlier this year and was released on October 24, but he played well last season and was often used by Miami to shadow No. 1 receivers. He's still only 29 years old. With Richard Sherman (Achilles') out for the season, Maxwell should be able to jump right into a role with his old team. He should eventually settle in as a starter opposite rookie Shaq Griffin, with Justin Coleman staying in the slot.

Pats, Seahawks and others get help. Chiefs? Seems like KC could use this guy?

Maybe ? Cant good gms redo deals with current contracts to create space? 

I guess, but the player would have to cooperate as well.  Not sure many players would be willing to mid-season. 

Most players getting cut at this time of the year are probably not worth picking up.

I guess, but the player would have to cooperate as well.  Not sure many players would be willing to mid-season. 

Most players getting cut at this time of the year are probably not worth picking up.

That tight end catching passes for New England looked pretty good?  

On Fox sports radio today, one of the Gormans suggested that there may have been some tampering or collusion  by the Patriots on there new tight end acquisition.  Surely the Patriots wouldn't cheat,would they? :unsure:

GB, of all teams cut him. Bennett was not worth the price and played sparingly plus be has been hurt a lot lately. Don't kill the cap space now, we will get from under it and go into next year even better.

Not sure the CHiefs have A WAY?  :) 

it's called building through the draft and winning football games.  Since Reid arrived they've hit homeruns in the draft year after year and the players they DID pick up off waivers or practice squad have been contributors as well.

This type of jaded statement just because they're not 9-0 at the moment is stupid.

it's called building through the draft and winning football games.  Since Reid arrived they've hit homeruns in the draft year after year and the players they DID pick up off waivers or practice squad have been contributors as well.

This type of jaded statement just because they're not 9-0 at the moment is stupid.

I think it's more of a frustration against the lack of success over the years. The only reason that people consider the Pats having a way is because they win trophies and the same goes for the Steelers whereas teams like the Chiefs are ignored since what we have been doing hasn't been working. Hopefully it'll change in this era but the sample size is way too small to claim that "Chiefs have a way". 

I think it's more of a frustration against the lack of success over the years. The only reason that people consider the Pats having a way is because they win trophies and the same goes for the Steelers whereas teams like the Chiefs are ignored since what we have been doing hasn't been working. Hopefully it'll change in this era but the sample size is way too small to claim that "Chiefs have a way". 

I get it, but there's no player out there getting cut in week 9 that puts any team in the Super Bowl

The Pats "having their way" is just having BB and Tom Brady.

That's it.  They were LAUDED for their off-season in free agency.  Signings included big names like M. Gillislee and K. Ealy in free agency. 

The cut K. Ealy in freaking training camp and Gillislee has been put down to 4th string.  He didn't even suit up for the Denver game.

Any success they have is 100% BB and tom Brady.

The Steelers have had mild post-season success since their last Super Bowl in 09, which they lost.  When they were at the top of the league winning Super Bowls, they were built through the draft and focused on defense.  Since 09, they've ran into problems beating the Pats and Peyton Manning teams in the playoffs.  Hell, they even lost to Tim Tebow and the Broncos one year.

I think alot is made about nothing at this point in the season. There aren't going to be many saviors signed. Maxwell wasn't all that good. His only hope of being good was when he was asked to be physical and press at the line, otherwise receivers would beat him time and again. If you think KC's current crop of nobodies can't stick in off-man, then it'd be lunacy to expect if from Maxwell.

Sure, I think KC needs to start kicking some tires to try and get better in the secondary, but I don't think there is much out there to be had either. Maybe Sterling Moore (if his Pectoral injury has healed up) or BW Webb could help. 

Archived