Could Rex Ryan be our Wade Phillips?

I think Sutton will be given another year. His previous years here the D was in the top 7 for points given up. I don't think Reid gives up on Sutton after one bad year. Injury to Berry, DJ losing another step and not being as effective, Hali being done and then Houston not being what he once was will be the reasons given as to why he sticks around.

I think Sutton will be given another year. His previous years here the D was in the top 7 for points given up. I don't think Reid gives up on Sutton after one bad year. Injury to Berry, DJ losing another step and not being as effective, Hali being done and then Houston not being what he once was will be the reasons given as to why he sticks around.

That's my thoughts exactly, there will always be an excuse he can use.

That's my thoughts exactly, there will always be an excuse he can use.

He's got two first round OLBs out. DJ is a shell of his prior self and he has elite safety out. Reality is he is absolutely coaching with half a deck right now. There's definite talent still there, but hes got his hands full.

Why? What's Sutton done that's so special? Has he ever built a top rated defense in his NFL career thus far? If so I certainly don't remember.

I think Sutton is a decent DC. I just don’t like Rex Ryan. Personal preference I suppose. I would be down for an upgrade, but don’t think Ryan is an upgrade.

Absolutely. He's a guy alot like Reid in terms of player relationships and he's one hell of a defensive coordinator. Maybe he'll return to near his roots once more (Oklahoma native)? I'd personally love to see Rex here as DC. 

Archived