1-8 Giants talk & predictions

In this seven game stretch I want to see Robinson get targetted more. The kid is one hell of a talent and it's time to get him a few TD's to get his confidence up. Same thing with Hunt!!..kid needs to get in the groove again and this game would be the perfect time to start.

Mahummus was launching the ball to Robinson in the preseason. I don’t ever see Alex throw a deep ball down the middle of the field. I only see him throw deep towards the sidelines, since it’s more safe LoL he’s nuts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know....We should rout them. But, you know how it goes with the Chiefs.

The Giants will come out and stack the box, and we'll run Hunt right into it a few of times..

Then, we'll see Reid/Smith try moving the ball through the air, while Alex runs for his life because JPP and the other DE kick the shit out of fisher.

The giants beat the broncos with a shitload of yards from the TE's (#88), and running the ball. (Darkwa)

I'm fairly certain that Reid has watched film on all the teams the giants have played , but will not develop any type of game plan to exploit or stop what they want to do.

Again, I'm picking the chiefs, but if I played FF, I would take their TE, because I'm sure he's gonna put up a shitload of yards on Murray/Sorenson. However, I do believe that we will see Sutton play a lot more base defense (3-4), to stop the run going forward.

I hope Reid and Smith have realized that they can no longer count on the defense to "hold the line" in the 4th qtr., and play it safe with a 3 point lead.

They need to stay as aggressive as possible.

So how do you figure Andy Reid is 14-2 after the bye week if he apparently can't come up with any basic game plans to exploit other teams weaknesses? LOL

The Chiefs are a better team than anyone they play for the rest of the season.  They'll lose a game or two where they're favored, but still win the division with about a 11-5 record. (10-6 would still win the AFC west).  Having the Raiders beat NE, which is very unlikely, would put the Chiefs in good position for a bye, but unless they win out, they probably won't get one.  PIT and NE are also favored in every remaining game without any tough ones remaining.  The Giants should be a solid win.  The Chiefs are better, have better morale, better coaching, and more to play for.  Reid has a history of coming back strong after the bye and the Chiefs have been a very good second half team under Reid.  Enjoy the ride.  We'll worry about playoff success when January comes around.  

Chiefs 27

Giants 17

Dangerous, caged animal team.  Good thing is they are likely to care more about the Thanksgiving Nationally televised game against Wash the following Thurs to take out their frustrations.  We should win easily, if we step on their throats early and make them want to quit.  But I think it'll be closer than many think.  

Mahomes was launching the ball to Robinson in the preseason. I don’t ever see Alex throw a deep ball down the middle of the field. I only see him throw deep towards the sidelines, since it’s more safe LoL he’s nuts

Smith has thrown down the middle this season and seam routes are his most common in years prior (assuming 20+ yards is "deep"). A lot of the passes to Kelce are in the middle of the field. Most deep routes are along the sidelines for all quarterbacks anyway. There was a graphic I posted last week that showed Smith's completions (deep and intermediate) and they seemed more in the middle and right side. Left side was less frequent.

Mahomes will definitely increase the number of the passes to Robinson and to others and I think he'll be accurate, but quality of the players playing last preseason both on offense and in regards to who he's facing are different than Mahomes will be facing next year.

Smith has thrown down the middle this season and seam routes are his most common in years prior (assuming 20+ yards is "deep"). A lot of the passes to Kelce are in the middle of the field. Most deep routes are along the sidelines for all quarterbacks anyway. There was a graphic I posted last week that showed Smith's completions (deep and intermediate) and they seemed more in the middle and right side. Left side was less frequent.

Mahummus will definitely increase the number of the passes to Robinson and to others and I think he'll be accurate, but quality of the players playing last preseason both on offense and in regards to who he's facing are different than Mahummus will be facing next year.

I see. Well I’ll keep my eye out to see if Smith airs it out deep over the middle for the rest of the season to his WR’s

The bye week stats do say a lot about how this team responds. But I always get nervous when fans start predicting easy wins or blowouts. It's the Chiefs people. If anything we should know nothing is a given for this team. Gonna have to play good, hard nosed football even to beat bad teams.

The bye week stats do say a lot about how this team responds. But I always get nervous when fans start predicting easy wins or blowouts. It's the Chiefs people. If anything we should know nothing is a given for this team. Gonna have to play good, hard nosed football even to beat bad teams.

Fans taking this game for granted isn't the worry.  If the players and staff start doing so, then it's time to panic.  With Reid's history of getting the team ready after the bye and the drop off in the last four games, I doubt the players are overlooking the Giants.  

Fans taking this game for granted isn't the worry.  If the players and staff start doing so, then it's time to panic.  With Reid's history of getting the team ready after the bye and the drop off in the last four games, I doubt the players are overlooking the Giants.  

I feel better about them not taking it for granted because it is on the road, feel like the easy home games is where we can get trapped and have in the past.

I want to win the 1st seed if possible. Why? Well if Pittsburgh and NE hold out, with one being the 2 seed (they meet later on I believe in regular season) then that will mean we get the bye, home field game then against either the 4th seed or lower and if Pitt wins as a 3 seed let's say, then they travel to NE. We then would get the AFC Championship here against whoever wins after they beat on each other the week before. I like the game of Pitt NE: If Pittsburgh was to win the NE game if we end up tying one of the teams with 3 losses (if we hold true and win out) then we still are good.   This way if tied with NE, we get the 2 seed because of the head to head win. If NE wins it, then I hope they stumble some other game so we win the head to head tie breaker for the #1 seed.

I want to win the 1st seed if possible. Why? Well if Pittsburgh and NE hold out, with one being the 2 seed (they meet later on I believe in regular season) then that will mean we get the bye, home field game then against either the 4th seed or lower and if Pitt wins as a 3 seed let's say, then they travel to NE. We then would get the AFC Championship here against whoever wins after they beat on each other the week before. I like the game of Pitt NE: If Pittsburgh was to win the NE game if we end up tying one of the teams with 3 losses (if we hold true and win out) then we still are good.   This way if tied with NE, we get the 2 seed because of the head to head win. If NE wins it, then I hope they stumble some other game so we win the head to head tie breaker for the #1 seed.

how dare you have a positive outlook, HOMER ALERT!!!

We can't beat Pittsburgh so it's another early exit from the playoffs in January.

We can't stop the run so we will lose in the playoffs.

If we played NE again they would beat us by 3 TDs in the playoffs

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 5h5 hours ago

As if the #Giants needed this: RT Justin Pugh is out Sunday vs the #Chiefs with back injury, source said. It’s week-to-week after that and could be a multi-week injury. Not ideal.

More bad news for the Giants that doesn't matter because "the Chiefs don't have a pass rush anyway".

Man I looked at the schedule left for Pitt and NE, it's just a cakewalk as ours aside for when they play each other.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 5h5 hours ago

As if the #Giants needed this: RT Justin Pugh is out Sunday vs the #Chiefs with back injury, source said. It’s week-to-week after that and could be a multi-week injury. Not ideal.

More bad news for the Giants that doesn't matter because "the Chiefs don't have a pass rush anyway".

I think one adjustment Sutton makes is setting Houston free as a rusher more often. Pass defense is hurting any ways, night as well do this and see. Thus the feast will begin against the Giants....

Man I looked at the schedule left for Pitt and NE, it's just a cakewalk as ours aside for when they play each other.

It is, but if we hold par and NE ties us or in Pittsburgh's cars loses 2 games we can still get the fisrt seed. Hell Pittsburgh almost lost to Indy and has already lost bad games against Chicago and lost to Jax too. I think Titans take it to them this week for an upset of sorts.

It is, but if we hold par and NE ties us or in Pittsburgh's cars loses 2 games we can still get the fisrt seed. Hell Pittsburgh almost lost to Indy and has already lost bad games against Chicago and lost to Jax too. I think Titans take it to them this week for an upset of sorts.

but then you have TEN to worry about at 7-3.

What a mess. 

but then you have TEN to worry about at 7-3.

What a mess. 

Pretty simple.  In spite of all the permutations of all the other team's wins and losses, the Chiefs just have to win all the games they're capable of winning.  The three losses were ones we might have expected before the season started with the possible exception of OAK and that loss was a very near thing.  Which games will the Chiefs lose in the last seven?  They are just as heavy favorites as PIT and NE.  The only difference is they're already one loss down.  Like the evil one kept saying, "Just win, Baby!"  Win the the standing will take care of themselves.

Titans play Pittsburgh this week and still have JAX on the schedule. I don't know about the rest if it though

Tenn has PIT, Rams, and Jags as their more difficult games.

JAX has Rams and Tenn.

That's not to say they couldn't lose other games, but 11-5 is a realistic possibility for either.

Archived