1-8 Giants talk & predictions

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it'll be pretty desolate around here Sunday afternoon;

Brandon Kiley‏ @BKSportsTalk 15m15 minutes ago

The #Chiefs are 33-5 against teams at or below .500 under Andy Reid. That's the best winning percentage in the NFL against such teams since 2013.

There are so many misconceptions out there. When we lose to a bad team, we say it's typical Chiefs, inconsistent. When we have a winning streak, everyone wants to point out how easy the competition has been. When we do fairly well against good teams, there are often crickets. We point out those three losses.

Yes, there are weaknesses that we need to improve on and consistency is important, but being the best against poor teams, that's pretty cool. And we have stretches of beating good to great teams, as well. It shows that every team loses to bad teams but we are the best at not losing to them.

There are so many misconceptions out there. When we lose to a bad team, we say it's typical Chiefs, inconsistent. When we have a winning streak, everyone wants to point out how easy the competition has been. When we do fairly well against good teams, there are often crickets. We point out those three losses.

Yes, there are weaknesses that we need to improve on and consistency is important, but being the best against poor teams, that's pretty cool. And we have stretches of beating good to great teams, as well. It shows that every team loses to bad teams but we are the best at not losing to them.

Beaten fan syndrome. Only so many times can the Chiefs sing the same song and dance before fans get apathetic.

This can be cured by winning when it matters.

Fans taking this game for granted isn't the worry.  If the players and staff start doing so, then it's time to panic.  With Reid's history of getting the team ready after the bye and the drop off in the last four games, I doubt the players are overlooking the Giants.  

Oh I agree that a fan's perspective means nothing on how the team will perform. I also know the Chiefs don't always perform like they should. And that 30th ranked defense doesn't allow me to be too confident. KC should win handily actually. But the Giants have been double digit underdogs 4 times at home since 1978 and have won 2 of the 4 and covered the spread the other two. So there's that....

It is, but if we hold par and NE ties us or in Pittsburgh's cars loses 2 games we can still get the fisrt seed. Hell Pittsburgh almost lost to Indy and has already lost bad games against Chicago and lost to Jax too. I think Titans take it to them this week for an upset of sorts.

So much for predictions eh?

Pittsburgh is probably the team to beat in the AFC. They’ve got great balance on offense, and their defense is better than KC’s and NE. If the Chiefs play them again we’ll get rolled.....

what happened when they played the Bears and Jaguars? 

Alex generally doesn't play well in windy conditions that challenge his arm. Exact conditions of the game vs Pittsburgh. But who knows how the wind actually impacts things in that particular stadium. Either way if either team is more adept at a short passing game it's us. Their OU reciever (drawing a blank on name at this moment) had a HUGE game last week. Other than that they don't have much at WR. Hopefully Sutton schemes that way. 

Alex generally doesn't play well in windy conditions that challenge his arm. Exact conditions of the game vs Pittsburgh. But who knows how the wind actually impacts things in that particular stadium. Either way if either team is more adept at a short passing game it's us. Their OU reciever (drawing a blank on name at this moment) had a HUGE game last week. Other than that they don't have much at WR. Hopefully Sutton schemes that way.

I don't think it was windy, but we got a lot of deep plays against Oakland when it was raining. Either way, if we play efficient and stop any desperation the Giants have, we won't need to rely on big arms throws.

About Tamba being out, I know that we cannot overlook any team, but I would rather have him rest against a bad Giants team than push it. If we lose to a bad Giants team, we don't deserve to win the game even if Hali would've helped.

I don't think it was windy, but we got a lot of deep plays against Oakland when it was raining. Either way, if we play efficient and stop any desperation the Giants have, we won't need to rely on big arms throws.

About Tamba being out, I know that we cannot overlook any team, but I would rather have him rest against a bad Giants team than push it. If we lose to a bad Giants team, we don't deserve to win the game even if Hali would've helped.

I don't think rain (light rain anyway) impacts the passing game as much as wind does. And Alex also had a really good game with deep passes against Buffalo in the rain at Arrowhead a few years back as well. Contrary to many peoples opinion I know Alex does not have a weak arm. But he certainly doesn't have a plus arm either. As such I've noticed he's had some issues in windy conditions with accuracy. Gotta think Manning has the better arm to deal with it, but then again his brother didn't. 

Tamba is just an enigma. He really did have some impact in that Dallas game which was nice to see. But maybe that's all he has left in the knees. You really cannot protect his knees any more than we have the past two seasons. But I agree, if in doubt, sit him in this spot.

Pittsburgh is probably the team to beat in the AFC. They’ve got great balance on offense, and their defense is better than KC’s and NE. If the Chiefs play them again we’ll get rolled.....

Absolutely, they will get dominated in every facet cause Pittsburgh is winners and kc is losers. 

Then go be a Steelers fan

Too bad he found this board because his only contributions will be to tell us how bad the Chiefs suck and the league is fixed anyway. And yet he takes all kinds of time to focus on it anyway. They ban people pretty quick over here so just let him implode on himself. Defintely not a Chiefs fan.

Too bad he found this board because his only contributions will be to tell us how bad the Chiefs suck and the league is fixed anyway. And yet he takes all kinds of time to focus on it anyway. They ban people pretty quick over here so just let him implode on himself. Defintely not a Chiefs fan.

i cant wait until carr gets 3 holding calls to beat you.     

Not even close to s Chiefs fan. Definite troll.

Archived