Will having a normal schedule have a positive effect on the team?

The schedule we've had thus far has been quite astonishing tbh. Four out of the nine games have been on a Monday or Thursday, and only ONE of the Sunday games have been at midday. With all the other Sunday games starting either in the afternoon or night. Now surely this had an effect on the guys? They simply couldn't get any rhythm whatsoever whilst other teams have had it easy. The Eagles, for example, have had a massive TWO GAMES that have not been on a Sunday, NE have had TWO Thursday games, Pitts have not had ONE game outside of Sunday as of yet, The Rams have had ONE Thursday game thus far, The Jaggs do not have ONE single game outside of Sunday all season, The Vikings have had two Monday games, NO have had one Monday game and the rest will be all Sunday games, Dallas have had one Monday game etc etc. 

Basically, no other team in the entire league will be playing more games outside of Sunday than we will this season. And all of ours came in one half of the season while other teams' games will be spread out. I really don't think the schedule has been fair to us at all tbh. The only good thing is between the Raiders game and this NY one we've only played two games. So we should be much more rested than normal. 

So now we've got a chance to get into a rhythm before the Chargers game messes things up again!!..which, would be the FIFTH TIME we've played outside of Sunday which I'm sure must be an NFL record surely? :D

"Will having a normal schedule have a positive effect on the team?"

Probably....But it will be a false sense of improvement, imo.

Just because we beat up on lesser teams and go 7-0 to finish the season doesn't make you good all of a sudden.

So winning 7 in a row in the NFL does not mean that team is good?  :wub:

"Will having a normal schedule have a positive effect on the team?"

Probably....But it will be a false sense of improvement, imo.

Just because we beat up on lesser teams and go 7-0 to finish the season doesn't make you good all of a sudden.

Nor does going 6-3 against the toughest schedule in the league, apparently...

Just the beginning of what I already stated was on the way, KC will go 6-1/7-0 and fans will claim it was all schedule driven, while refusing to acknowledge KC went 6-3 vs the toughest schedule in the league.  Fans have already dismissed big wins over NE and PHI because "that was early in the season".  I guess the only good time to beat those teams was during the last 4 games when we went 1-3.

And on the OP's statement, Yes, I think getting back to regular Sunday games will give the Chiefs a chance to get some normalcy in their schedule and routines which could help in getting enough rest for the players and regular amount of prep time for the coaches.

Daily reminder that KC went a combined 18-2 after the bye week in the past 2 seasons.

Call me crazy, but I think Reid and the staff will be able to right the ship and make some noise down the stretch.

EDIT:  My statement about the toughest sched in the league was based on the schedule before the season.  Here's an updated one that takes into account opponent's win %, opponent's opponent's win % and margin of victory.  KC stands at #2 and 6-3 against it:  https://www.predictionmachine.com/strength-of-schedule

Just the beginning of what I already stated was on the way, KC will go 6-1/7-0 and fans will claim it was all schedule driven, while refusing to acknowledge KC went 6-3 vs the toughest schedule in the league.  Fans have already dismissed big wins over NE and PHI because "that was early in the season".  I guess the only good time to beat those teams was during the last 4 games when we went 1-3.

And on the OP's statement, Yes, I think getting back to regular Sunday games will give the Chiefs a chance to get some normalcy in their schedule and routines which could help in getting enough rest for the players and regular amount of prep time for the coaches.

Daily reminder that KC went a combined 18-2 after the bye week in the past 2 seasons.

Call me crazy, but I think Reid and the staff will be able to right the ship and make some noise down the stretch.

EDIT:  My statement about the toughest sched in the league was based on the schedule before the season.  Here's an updated one that takes into account opponent's win %, opponent's opponent's win % and margin of victory.  KC stands at #2 and 6-3 against it:  https://www.predictionmachine.com/strength-of-schedule

Yeah thanks for the link. And this just underlines what I've been thinking for a while. The likes of the Rams, Jaggs and Eagles are getting rave reviews but no-one has considered that their schedules have been amongst the easiest in the league thus far. I looked at the Jaggs remaining schedule just today actually and believe me it's pathetic!!..an easier one you won't find. And though Washington's has been tough, I'd argue the fact that ours has been spread out on different days makes it more tougher. Regardless though I'm Ok with playing the tougher teams because it will make us battled hardened when it comes to the playoffs!!..

Yeah thanks for the link. And this just underlines what I've been thinking for a while. The likes of the Rams, Jaggs and Eagles are getting rave reviews but no-one has considered that their schedules have been amongst the easiest in the league thus far. I looked at the Jaggs remaining schedule just today actually and believe me it's pathetic!!..an easier one you won't find. And though Washington's has been tough, I'd argue the fact that ours has been spread out on different days makes it more tougher. Regardless though I'm Ok with playing the tougher teams because it will make us battled hardened when it comes to the playoffs!!..

The only team that the schedule gets brought up for is the Chiefs.  Fans, National blow hards and local sports clowns will be constantly stating how easy the schedule is the last 7 games.

All while completely dismissinng how difficult it was before the bye.    Then, at the end of the season, when KC stands 12-4 or 13-3, we'll be told over and over how we can't win in the playoffs because of the 3 losses in the middle of the season.

The only team that the schedule gets brought up for is the Chiefs.  Fans, National blow hards and local sports clowns will be constantly stating how easy the schedule is the last 7 games.

All while completely dismissinng how difficult it was before the bye.    Then, at the end of the season, when KC stands 12-4 or 13-3, we'll be told over and over how we can't win in the playoffs because of the 3 losses in the middle of the season.

We'll be told over and over how we can't  win in the playoffs because of our recent inability to run the ball and stop the run..

And of course because of Andy Reid's/KC past record in the playoffs.

However, I just hope we can get in the playoffs without any significant injuries and get a home game.

Just the beginning of what I already stated was on the way, KC will go 6-1/7-0 and fans will claim it was all schedule driven, while refusing to acknowledge KC went 6-3 vs the toughest schedule in the league. Fans have already dismissed big wins over NE and PHI because "that was early in the season". I guess the only good time to beat those teams was during the last 4 games when we went 1-3.

EDIT: My statement about the toughest sched in the league was based on the schedule before the season. Here's an updated one that takes into account opponent's win %, opponent's opponent's win % and margin of victory. KC stands at #2 and 6-3 against it: https://www.predictionmachine.com/strength-of-schedule

Does this thing take our six wins out of the equation from our opponents? Because beating six of our opponents ruins their winning percentage. And our three losses, of course, does the opposite.

We'll be told over and over how we can't  win in the playoffs because of our recent inability to run the ball and stop the run..

However, I just hope we can get in the playoffs without any significant injuries and get a home game.

yeah, I actually find it funny people are pulling the 'ol "You can't win a super bowl if you can't stop the run" cliche from about 25 years ago.

This has been a QB league for at least 20 years now.  Since when has anyone needed to stop the run in order to win a Super Bowl?

Since 1999 and the Ravens, there's been what, 3 teams that won a Super Bowl solely on the shoulders of a defense?

yeah, I actually find it funny people are pulling the 'ol "You can't win a super bowl if you can't stop the run" cliche from about 25 years ago.

This has been a QB league for at least 20 years now.  Since when has anyone needed to stop the run in order to win a Super Bowl?

Since 1999 and the Ravens, there's been what, 3 teams that won a Super Bowl solely on the shoulders of a defense?

Really??

So you think we can go deep into the playoffs the way our defense is playing right now?

You think we can go deep in the playoffs with the way our running game/oline has been performing?

Wow. Who do you expect the Chiefs to play on their way to the SB? The giants, browns and 49ers?

Cmon man. I want the Chiefs to reach the promised land just like everyone else. But I'm a realist, not a pure homer.

If we don't see changes on both sides of the ball, and beat up on this soft ass schedule we have coming up, then we will be one and done.

Really??

So you think we can go deep into the playoffs the way our defense is playing right now?

You think we can go deep in the playoffs with the way our running game/oline has been performing?

Wow. Who do you expect the Chiefs to play on their way to the SB? The giants, browns and 49ers?

Cmon man. I want the Chiefs to reach the promised land just like everyone else. But I'm a realist, not a pure homer.

If we don't see changes on both sides of the ball, and beat up on this soft ass schedule we have coming up, then we will be one and done.

lol, "Realist"...

Another reminder they went 6-3 against the toughest schedule in the league.  So, only 9-0 is acceptable, right?

Another reminder that they were a combined 18-2 the past 2 seasons after the bye.

2015:  3-5 at the bye, came out and beat down Denver finished with 11 straight wins

2016:  2-2 coming off embarrassing blowout in PIT:  10-2 finish

We were in much worse positions those 2 seasons.  Reid clearly knows what to get done during the bye week for 2nd half success.  We're in way better shape at our bye this season and we've faced the toughest competition in the league AND WE'RE 6-3.  

My God man, this isn't a 3-6/4-5 team we're talking about here.

Another example where only the 3 losses matter and the 6 wins don't mean anything.

lol, "Realist"...

Another reminder they went 6-3 against the toughest schedule in the league.  So, only 9-0 is acceptable, right?

Another reminder that they were a combined 18-2 the past 2 seasons after the bye.

2015:  3-5 at the bye, came out and beat down Denver finished with 11 straight wins

2016:  2-2 coming off embarrassing blowout in PIT:  10-2 finish

We were in much worse positions those 2 seasons.  Reid clearly knows what to get done during the bye week for 2nd half success.  We're in way better shape at our bye this season and we've faced the toughest competition in the league AND WE'RE 6-3.  

My God man, this isn't a 3-6/4-5 team we're talking about here.

Another example where only the 3 losses matter and the 6 wins don't mean anything.

I'm not discrediting the 6 wins. IMO, I think Andy used a lot of "smoke and mirrors" and a little luck to win those first 5.

After all..."You are what your record says you are", right?

However, after the first loss to pitt, every team, including the team we beat emulated that strategy and it worked 3 out of 4 times. ( Would've worked 4 out of 4 times, had Semen not sucked)

Apparently I'm not as confident as some...But, I do believe that Andy will get the offense back on track, however I'm not so sure about Sutton and the defense.

I'm not discrediting the 6 wins. IMO, I think Andy used a lot of "smoke and mirrors" and a little luck to win those first 5.

However, after the first loss to pitt, every team, including the team we beat emulated that strategy and it worked 3 out of 4 times. ( Would've worked 4 out of 4 times, had Semen not sucked)

Apparently I'm not as confident as some...But, I do believe that Andy will get the offense back on track, however I'm not so sure about Sutton and the defense.

If that's seriously your opinion, there's no real reason to keep discussing this with you.  But, for laughs let's try one last time.

lol @ the smoke and mirrors/luck comment.  You just said you're not discrediting the 6 wins and then TOTALLY discredited the 6 wins w/that statement. 

AS IF the Chiefs ever have luck on their side. 

OAK and DAL did not copy the Steelers.  You are regurgitating information you heard before those games on sports talk or on Twitter/some other media outlet.  OAK threw the ball 55 times, PIT ran the ball over 60% of the time.  Dallas did whatever they wanted.  IMO, that was the worst loss of the 3.  Denver was down by 2 scores most of the game until it was 20-13.  KC went right down the field to make it a 2 score game again at 23-13.  It remained 2 scores the rest of the way out.  It was not even really close and had the Chiefs lost that way, you would claim they got blown out.

I will agree with you about the 2nd half offense adjustments vs that of the defense.

However, and AGAIN, both sides of the ball have made tremendous adjustments after the bye week in the past 2 seasons.

Oh come off it. The Raiders defeat was an absolute fluke on the best of days. A number of calls that went against us was simply ridiculous and we lead for the vast majority of the game too. You can't make an excuse for Denver and then turn around and justify the Oakland shambles....because that's simply biased imo.

Really??

Seems like both teams in the Superbowl last year had not so great defenses.

We'll be told over and over how we can't win in the playoffs because of our recent inability to run the ball and stop the run..

This. I would love to go in healthy for once. Imagine having a healthy Houston, Charles, Maclin etc back when we were in it before. I know we will not get Berry back but man it would be nice to see a team hitting on all cylinders and healthy through the playoffs.

Seems like both teams in the Superbowl last year had not so great defenses.

New England allowed the fewest points in the league, I think. And that is crazy to think of when they had big leads that teams would be playing a lot of garbage time. But frankly, I wouldn't care if good teams averaged 25 points against us if we had a reliable offense to score 40 (assuming we shut down bad teams). We can score 30 to 40 but we can also come out and score 13. :(

Also, of course, playoff teams are different. The Patriots alowed more points in the playoffs than regular season and we will be facing teams that will be better than regular-season teams we face.

This has been a QB league for at least 20 years now. Since when has anyone needed to stop the run in order to win a Super Bowl?

What the hell are you talking about? Why exactly do you think we got bounced in ther playoffs last year? You think it had something to do with us giving up 179 yards rushing to Bell?

Or was it because your boy Alex Smith (who is definitely good enough to win a SB accordfing to you) absolutely shat himself? You can't have it both ways.

You always talk about the pessimism of us KC fans but you appear to be a bit of a blind homer. I've listened to you do this talking about the Royals too.

It will have a positive impact on the record but not sure about the team. Chiefs have shortcomings on both sides of the ball. So far the defense hasn't been good against the run and the pass at the same time and offense has been very balanced for only a few games. I think it will be a nice stretch for the entire team to work on these issues but we won't get to see the real state of the team until the playoffs. 

What the hell are you talking about? Why exactly do you think we got bounced in ther playoffs last year? You think it had something to do with us giving up 179 yards rushing to Bell?

Or was it because your boy Alex Smith (who is definitely good enough to win a SB accordfing to you) absolutely shat himself? You can't have it both ways.

You always talk about the pessimism of us KC fans but you appear to be a bit of a blind homer. I've listened to you do this talking about the Royals too.

We got bounced cause the offense couldn't score touchdowns. The rushing yards mattered not even a little bit considering they held them to field goals.

So yeah rushing defense... turns out it's nice but much less important than passing defense.

Chiefs' fans past 28 years:  "You have to have a top QB in order to win a Super Bowl."

Chiefs' fans 2017 with top 5 performance from Smith:  "You have to stop the run in order to win a Super Bowl."

Chiefs' fans for all of eternity:  "Whatever the Chiefs' aren't good at doing is what you need in order to win a Super Bowl."

If Smith makes 2-3 more plays that he didn't in that game KC wins regardless of Bell rushing for 179 yards.  Remember though, the guy DID drive us down for a game tying touchdown and 2 point conversion late in the 4th quarter only to have the 2 pt called back by holding.  It's not like the guy didn't do anything.  PLENTY of HOF QBs had playoff games where they struggled all game and made a late 4th quarter/OT rally to win.  This time, a penalty took it away and the Smith haters get to rejoice.

I'm definitely objective, I'm just not constantly jumping off the cliff like 90% of KC sports fans do ALL THE TIME. 

Look, I'm just going off history here.  In the past 2 seasons the Chiefs are 18-2 after the bye week.  Why is thinking they can go 6-1 or 7-0 to finish the year so crazy?

The argument that yeah, they're 12-4/13-3 but in those 3/4 losses is why they won't win a playoff game is pretty short sighted and lazy IMO.

It suggests you literally have to 16-0 to prove you can win the Super Bowl.  It doesn't work that way. 

Even if they did go 16-0, the same people would just be saying "yeah, 16-0 is great but you can't win 19 games so they're going to lose in the playoffs". 

Archived