Bills bench Tyrod

soonerborn77

Not calling out any names, they know who they are, but remember when some from the other board were all over getting him this off season. How much better he was and being younger than what we have in AS? Glad we did not do this at all. Taylor would be a solid back up though imo.

Not calling out any names, they know who they are, but remember when some from the other board were all over getting him this off season. How much better he was and being younger than what we have in AS? Glad we did not do this at all. Taylor would be a solid back up though imo.

Classic Chiefs' fans, insert complaint of the week here.

Makes sense to see what they have in Peterman before the garbage time of the season in order to plan for next year's draft. After giving up on Mahomes I'm guessing there's an owner who wants a non-Taylor QB for 2018.

Peterman beat Clemson last year when nobody else could. But heck maybe the Bills would give us our first round pick back for Alex Smith. Okay thats unrealistic but maybe some day two pick unless Peterman impresses. 

We are likely going to need a veteran backup next year. I'd prefer to have one legit developmental guy at all times as a backup and then other guy someone who could actually win games for us in a pinch if necessary ala Chase Daniel.  

It was me, and I'll stand by it. He would be great with Andy, but all that changed when we drafted Mahomes, which I'm thrilled about. 

There is no way Taylor deserves benching, for a team that is trying to win.  He had a 10/3 TD to Int ratio, and an over 91 QB rating, and Buffalo is leading the 6 seed playoff race.  He was dreadful last game, and Buff is really struggling the last 2,  but Tyrod was good in the Jet loss. Unless Peterman is so good in practice that they just have to play him, and all the players think it, this move does not go towards winning anything in 2017.  Maybe they just want to tank and add our draft choice to their and move up, but I don't see a QB in this draft that's worth it?  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

It was me, and I'll stand by it. He would be great with Andy, but all that changed when we drafted Mahomes, which I'm thrilled about.

There is no way Taylor deserves benching, for a team that is trying to win. He had a 10/3 TD to Int ratio, and an over 91 QB rating, and Buffalo is leading the 6 seed playoff race. He was dreadful last game, and Buff is really struggling the last 2, but Tyrod was good in the Jet loss. Unless Peterman is so good in practice that they just have to play him, and all the players think it, this move does not go towards winning anything in 2017. Maybe they just want to tank and add our draft choice to their and move up, but I don't see a QB in this draft that's worth it?

I feel like I have not agreed with you in awhile but I think Tyrod is getting the shaft. He has talent. He can't help the fact management continuously gave away players with talent and now has to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

I liked Peterman as a QB prospect but with a year to 2 years sitting. Bills are messing up.

There is no way Taylor deserves benching, for a team that is trying to win. He had a 10/3 TD to Int ratio, and an over 91 QB rating, and Buffalo is leading the 6 seed playoff race. He was dreadful last game, and Buff is really struggling the last 2, but Tyrod was good in the Jet loss. Unless Peterman is so good in practice that they just have to play him, and all the players think it, this move does not go towards winning anything in 2017. Maybe they just want to tank and add our draft choice to their and move up, but I don't see a QB in this draft that's worth it?

There were others too DBG. I would take him as a back up for sure though.

If someone isn't a good starter, they aren't worth their roster spot as a backup. Taylor's had plenty of time to show what he was as a passer, and that is not very good. He's made his money. I can't see him getting a starting job elsewhere.

If someone isn't a good starter, they aren't worth their roster spot as a backup. Taylor's had plenty of time to show what he was as a passer, and that is not very good. He's made his money. I can't see him getting a starting job elsewhere.

That is silly. Alex was not good for years and they replaced him due to injury, see how that worked out for us and helping the Qb situation.

Peterman beat Clemson last year when nobody else could. But heck maybe the Bills would give us our first round pick back for Alex Smith. Okay thats unrealistic but maybe some day two pick unless Peterman impresses. 

That would be a dream come true but the realistic approach is they package our 1st together with theirs to move up for a franchise QB prospect if Peterman busts. He has some impressive college games so they probably want to be sure about him before spending multiple 1sts on other positions.

I hope Peterman's still playing the following week when we play Buff. I'll feel alot more confident in that game, against Peterman.

I'd agree. Tyrod played well his last start at Arrowhead although most of the damage came from Sammy Watkins. I

He's probably not wrong.   How many QB's get benched when they have their team in a playoff position, have better than a 3-1 TD to Int ratio, and have over a 91 QB rating, and are being benched for a mediocre rookie?   It's not like he was an injury fill in and now the starter is coming back.  He's certainly not being benched because of performance.  So he's looking for answers, and sadly, the Black QB issue is still not 100% quashed.  

He's probably not wrong. How many QB's get benched when they have their team in a playoff position, have better than a 3-1 TD to Int ratio, and have over a 91 QB rating, and are being benched for a mediocre rookie? It's not like he was an injury fill in and now the starter is coming back. He's certainly not being benched because of performance. So he's looking for answers, and sadly, the Black QB issue is still not 100% quashed.

Benched because of skin color? Man, I can’t buy that at all

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/11/16/bills-qb-tyrod-taylor-believes-hes-being-benched-because-of-his-skin-color/

Bills QB Tyrod Taylor Believes He’s Being Benched Because of His Skin Color

Totally absurd. He was absolutely miserable the last two games. A two game stretch we haven't come close to seeing from Alex Smith. And when they put Peterman in he played well and provided a spark. Bills coach is an Andy Reid guy too so you know he solicited some advice from someone in the Reid coaching tree. Tyrod is a poor mans Alex Smith. A good backup, spot starter.

Peterman looked much better than Taylor in the Saints game.  I kinda doubt the Bills coaches went to a Klan rally last week and decided to be racist suddenly about the quarterback posistion.  These guys are paid to win games and they are going to do what they think gives them the best chance.  

Totally absurd. He was absolutely miserable the last two games. A two game stretch we haven't come close to seeing from Alex Smith. And when they put Peterman in he played well and provided a spark. Bills coach is an Andy Reid guy too so you know he solicited some advice from someone in the Reid coaching tree. Tyrod is a poor mans Alex Smith. A good backup, spot starter.

Not true.  He was excellent in the Jet loss.   Peterman "provided a spark" to the team when down by 30+ :D ?   Nick Wright agrees that the benching is, at least "puzzling".  https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/931234277332783104

Benched because of skin color? Man, I can’t buy that at all

I don't wanna buy it.  But I can't toss it out completely, because it certainly isn't performance based, so I'm left searching for answers.    Sadly, as we see in today's. America, racism, either covert or overt isn't dead. 

Archived