Bills bench Tyrod

soonerborn77

I wonder if Nick

Not true.  He was excellent in the Jet loss.   Peterman "provided a spark" to the team when down by 30+ :D ?   Nick Wright agrees that the benching is, at least "puzzling".  https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/931234277332783104

They were down 34-7 with 4 minutes to go against the Jets.  He got two garbage touchdowns in 4 minutes.  I watched the game. He was anything but excellent.  They punted and fumbled over and over and basically didn't do anything until the typical prevent defense gives up lots of meaningless yards.  Before the two garbage touchdowns they had 6 possessions in the second half.  They went 1, 4,4,32,8 and 7 yards.   

I don't wanna buy it. But I can't toss it out completely, because it certainly isn't performance based, so I'm left searching for answers. Sadly, as we see in today's. America, racism, either covert or overt isn't dead.

Did they bench any black linebackers, wr, de, etc?

If so, I would agree

The nfl is a meritocracy on the field. You can kill people, literally, and still play if you're good. Taylor is not good. He is mediocre at the most important position on the field.

Alex is much better than Tyrod and he's getting replaced too.

But that's probably because Alex Smith is black and Mahomes is white.

The nfl is a meritocracy on the field. You can kill people, literally, and still play if you're good. Taylor is not good. He is mediocre at the most important position on the field.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're crazy.

I don't wanna buy it. But I can't toss it out completely, because it certainly isn't performance based, so I'm left searching for answers. Sadly, as we see in today's. America, racism, either covert or overt isn't dead.

So your theory is that McDermott got together with his coaches and said something akin to we can't win with a black QB? It really doesn't add up especially considering this is the same coach who saw his previous team win 4 division titles, get to 3 NFC Title games and even a Suoer Bowl with a black QB. You've wanted to bench Alex Smith on numerous occasions, so what's different here? Tyrod is struggling and the team is in a major funk after getting embarrassed in New Orleans. Who knows what they see in Peterman every day.

Would I have made the change. Probably not. But this is a cut throat league where coaches can't affordr to play inferior players because of skin color especially at QB. Right or wrong McDermott must see a competitive angle here whether it be long or short term and its got nothing to do with skin color. Also keep in mind they made Tyrod take a pay cut to come back at all, so they clearly have never been all in on him. And that makes making a change easier.

Who would I rather play at Arrowhead next week? Peterman. But I'm also careful about what I wish for and know Tyrod has never beaten us. 

The Bills are 28th in total offense and 30th in passing. I wonder how many people here would be for benching Alex if we were 5-4 and had those numbers.

Probably about 90 percent. Agsin the Bills coach is the same guy who was on Andy Reid's staff for most of really good teams that won multiple division titles, went to 3 NFC Title games and even a Super Bowl with guess what. A BLACK QB. This is what makes it so silly.

He's probably not wrong. How many QB's get benched when they have their team in a playoff position, have better than a 3-1 TD to Int ratio, and have over a 91 QB rating, and are being benched for a mediocre rookie? It's not like he was an injury fill in and now the starter is coming back. He's certainly not being benched because of performance. So he's looking for answers, and sadly, the Black QB issue is still not 100% quashed.

Pretty sure the Bills did exactly this the last time they started the season hot and ended up missing the playoffs. Could be wrong as I'm going off of memory. Pretty sure the Browns did it too the one year they were in the playoff hunt up to midway point. Other than them though I can't think of any recently.

Great point

Isn't that pretty much why they wanted the Chiefs to draft a QB?

Yep. Both teams clearly and wisely want to upgrade their QB. Difference would be Buffalo is trying with a 4th round rookie pick at mid season and we are with a top ten pick in year two. Kind of laments how much better our situation is from theirs. Peterman is a solid prospect but I think most wouldn't be surprised if they flip flop again if he doesn't play well early. Ironic he could actually be getting some advice from Andy here.

What a great move by McDermott.   :wacko:  If he wasn't a first year coach, it would be a fireable offense.  One of the worst QB benchings I've ever seen, and compounded by what he was benched for.   Mcdermott better wise up and switch back next week.  

I hope Peterman's still playing the following week when we play Buff.   I'll feel alot more confident in that game, against Peterman.  

Well, I'm gonna guess this isn't gonna happen now, and we'll actually have to play against a real QB, that is a threat to run and pass.   :angry:

Archived