This is an 8-8 football team

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing: we could have a good run game, but Reid is screwing it up. First, Hunt doesn't get nearly enough touches running the ball. Second, Reid pretty much only tries running Hunt up the gut or on draws. Third, Reid's play calling is obvious to everyone. Finally, Reid wants to get cute by running a bubble-screen or a gimmick play just when the running game is starting to gel.

Our best left guard over the past 5 seasons was Jon Asamoah. Nobody has been able to replace is mediocre performance. We have been shit at LG. Ehinger was promising last year but seems is not ready after that injury. Soft O-Line. Andy Reid coming from a O-Line background should have assembled some sort of O-Line after 5 years. Does Andy Heck need to be gone. Maybe we need a change of coaching. It's inexcusable. Having a so-called "Athletic" O-Line and not being able to execute screens let alone run the ball is extremely concerning.

Get into playoffs is all that matters. I know people will bury this team after today, but I'm not one of them. We can still get to January football.

No disrespect intended but I think you’re nuts. In a league where NE and Pittsburgh are coming together at the right time the Chiefs are falling apart.

Get into playoffs is all that matters. I know people will bury this team after today, but I'm not one of them. We can still get to January football.

I once thought the same thing. You know...steal a win against a famished Giants team. Then I thought...why, for what reason? I have been positive through all these years , but this team hasn't showed any heart in the amidst of adversity. We would only be let down in January once again at the likes of the 2 power houses - NE & Pitt. This West coast offenses has gradually regressed every year under Alex and Andy when the cold weather hits. We are atrocious in Dec and January for whatever reason. Can't run the ball and revert to dink and dunk during frigid temperatures. We consistently can't beat zone coverage and get eaten alive. I'm sick of it.

If I see one more ineffective bullshit limp wristed pussyfoot bubble screen in The Buffalo game next week I’m turning my TV off. Will someone please tell Reid that stupid finesse crap stopped working 5 games ago? Maybe Teicher or someone from 810 will ask that question during the press conference next week. Jesus

If I see one more ineffective bullshit limp wristed pussyfoot bubble screen in The Buffalo game next week I’m turning my TV off. Will someone please tell Reid that stupid finesse crap stopped working 5 games ago? Maybe Teicher or someone from 810 will ask that question during the press conference next week. Jesus

Chiefs reporter BJ Kissel will ask Andy about the challenges of facing Shady McCoy. Reid will respond with " We are excited for the challenge."

“I need to do better “

I once thought the same thing. You know...steal a win against a famished Giants team. Then I thought...why, for what reason? I have been positive through all these years , but this team hasn't showed any heart in the amidst of adversity. We would only be let down in January once again at the likes of the 2 power houses - NE & Pitt. This West coast offenses has gradually regressed every year under Alex and Andy when the cold weather hits. We are atrocious in Dec and January for whatever reason. Can't run the ball and revert to dink and dunk during frigid temperatures. We consistently can't beat zone coverage and get eaten alive. I'm sick of it.

Without our #1 Draft choice, there's no use rooting to not make the playoffs.   That was my only goal this season, and realistically, as soon as they traded for Mahomes, it was the Chief's only goal as well.   And luckily for us, our division came up pathetic this year, and we would have to choke badly to miss the playoffs.  

Why are so many ok with just getting into the playoffs? If we play like this the rest of the year all we are doing is planning on be an embarrassment on national TV and be one and done. I'd rather miss the playoffs and let it sting for the coaches and players. Force some gut checks and proactive changes versus letting them believe they are just a step away as usual. They need to experience the fear of God at every position: players and coaches.

I hope they have that feeling right now and they find the attitude they had the first 5 games. I hope Clark Is ripping everyone a new one as we speak on the flight back. FEAR OF GOD type shit

Why are so many ok with just getting into the playoffs? If we play like this the rest of the year all we are doing is planning on be an embarrassment on national TV and be one and done. I'd rather miss the playoffs and let it sting for the coaches and players. Force some gut checks and proactive changes versus letting them believe they are just a step away as usual. They need to experience the fear of God at every position: players and coaches.

I hope they have that feeling right now and they find the attitude they had the first 5 games. I hope Clark Is ripping everyone a new one as we speak on the flight back. FEAR OF GOD type shit

Clark Hunt may be the root of the cause my friend.

Because with Alex at QB, that's all anybody that understands football could realistically hope for, including the Chiefs hierarchy.   They finally realized it, and that's why they decided to move on from Alex.   Why would you want to miss the playoffs, when we don't have a #1 draft choice to capitalize on the draft position missing the playoffs would provide?   

I doubt anyone is okay with just getting to the playoffs. That's simply the first step but if the environment (staff, players, etc) aren't enough for the next step then new actions have to be taken but that doesn't take away the need for that first step.

Because with Alex at QB, that's all anybody that understands football could realistically hope for, including the Chiefs hierarchy.   They finally realized it, and that's why they decided to move on from Alex.   Why would you want to miss the playoffs, when we don't have a #1 draft choice to capitalize on the draft position missing the playoffs would provide?

Not making the playoffs would help our other draft picks and I think more importantly if we do stumble in and lose in the first round in a close game than nothing will change, Reid will keep playcalling (that will never go away), Sutton will stay as DC and we will continue to play crappy players (Zombo, Gaines) and put good players in bad positions.

Why do you keep saying "when"? I realize you are Alex Smith's nephew or some shit like that, but why do you keep condemning Mahomes to failure.

I hope like HELL he's the next Tom Brady, Big Ben or Aaron Rodgers. 

I just know the math on the chance of him being that.  I'm not rooting against it by any means.  Are you kidding???  I hope we go out and win like 5 Super Bowls in 7 years with him.

So at this point what are you guys rooting for?  A complete collapse so Hunt steps in and forces Reid to make coaching changes?  Possibly even fire Reid?  Dorsey was fired, I know it's not likely but it's certainly not impossible Reid is fired if this team finishes 7-9/8-8 and bounced out of the playoffs 1st round.

Do we root for them to rally and finish 10-6/11-5?  I'm afraid if that happens Sutton keeps his job and other changes that should be made, won't be. 

When we moved up to draft Pat Mahomes !! in April, we showed that simply getting to the playoffs we not okay anymore. That was the type of bold move that Clark Hunt knew could hurt us in the short term, but could also give us a longer more realistic Super Bowl window in the future. No more band aiding teams together to hope we get lucky in January. We went for the jugular. And its just going to take time to see that to fruition. 

When we moved up to draft Pat Mahomes !! in April, we showed that simply getting to the playoffs we not okay anymore. That was the type of bold move that Clark Hunt knew could hurt us in the short term, but could also give us a longer more realistic Super Bowl window in the future. No more band aiding teams together to hope we get lucky in January. We went for the jugular. And its just going to take time to see that to fruition.

I think this sounds about right. I believe strongly in Patrick Mahomes ability to be the guy that takes us to the next level. It’s an added bonus that Brady and Roethlisberger are at the tail end of their careers too. The next decade could be a very good one for the Chiefs.

I think this sounds about right. I believe strongly in Patrick Mahomes ability to be the guy that takes us to the next level. It’s an added bonus that Brady and Roethlisberger are at the tail end of their careers too. The next decade could be a very good one for the Chiefs.

Yup all we need to do now is win a home playoff game. That should be the goal this year, scratch the SB just break the curse at Arrowhead first.

Archived