He can if he is solely the HC. Until he gives up play calling duties we are not ever going to be a SB team. Players love playing for him, but he can't creatively call plays during live action. This has been demonstrated year after year now. How many passes behind the line of scrimmage do we need to see repeatedly before it registers, or examples of 4 run plays in a half, or only running it up the gut fruitlessly, or stupid ass gimmicky plays in the red zone when the defense is bunched up together?

Let him help with game planning, but strip him off the play sheet come game time.

Douglas Peterson is showing what is possible.

I'm not convinced anything will change with mahommes. Why do you think Andy won't keep up the horizontal play calls? He does it year after frustrating year?

Sutton still needs fired as well...starting tackle is out, starting receivers are all out; yet, not a single sack? Plus Gaines is a shit sandwich

with the rest of th AFC West performing poorly  that wont happen until we lose in the playoffs

If the Raiders step up and beat NE, this team isn't making the playoffs. Even then, I'm not entirely sure. 

I'm not convinced anything will change with mahommes. Why do you think Andy won't keep up the horizontal play calls? He does it year after frustrating year?

Sutton still needs fired as well...starting tackle is out, starting receivers are all out; yet, not a single sack? Plus Gaines is a shit sandwich

It probably won't change the outcome of the season, but it may help him get some experience. I also think/hope that Reid's play calling would vary with McHomes, since he's a different kind of player than Smith. In this current league, it seems like quarterbacks can alter the whole way some teams play.

He can if he is solely the HC. Until he gives up play calling duties we are not ever going to be a SB team. Players love playing for him, but he can't creatively call plays during live action. This has been demonstrated year after year now. How many passes behind the line of scrimmage do we need to see repeatedly before it registers, or examples of 4 run plays in a half, or only running it up the gut fruitlessly, or stupid ass gimmicky plays in the red zone when the defense is bunched up together?

Let him help with game planning, but strip him off the play sheet come game time.

Douglas Peterson is showing what is possible.

These 2 posts are spot on.  Fire Sutton.  Stop Reid from calling the offensive plays.

I think Reid could be stripped of play calling duties immediately.  I would not fire Sutton until the season is over.

These 2 posts are spot on. Fire Sutton. Stop Reid from calling the offensive plays.

I think Reid could be stripped of play calling duties immediately. I would not fire Sutton until the season is over.

Oh, don’t worry, they won’t fire Sutton mid season. In fact, they won’t fire Sutton at all. Reid loves the guy. Reid is incapable of changing his ways which is why he’ll be fired in 3 years after having accomplished very little in KC.

Archived