Agreed. They blizted on 3rd and got away with it. What makes Father Time think he can send the house again with Gaines 1v1 left out to dry like a raisin.

I’m not being sarcastic-

Just play with ten guys

Hope the receiver trips/falls, drops it, or is so wide open the qb misses.

The odds are exactly the same as Gaines covering.

Should we now fire Andy Reid?

I’m not saying that, but I’m also not acting like we don’t deserve some actual answers from him at this point. You can act like Reid is untouchable all you want, but the fans of this damn franchise deserve some freaking answers. Today’s loss was inexcusable.

I think Reid is safe but I don't think all his cronies are.   Clark Hunt won't pull the plug early but he learned from Scott Pioli that you can't sit back and automatically think it will get better.   You don't get to pick your staff and have all the say when you lose to 1-8 football teams and fail to score a TD.   

Clark sure isn't his father but a new extension basically means that he's still favoring Reid. Reid is a very good HC but like BB he should give up the playcalling duties as it seems to be way past his prime at this point. He may not realize it but I'm guessing Hunt will be reminding him of the issue at the end of the season. Losing coaches surely hurts but if the replacements from within the organization aren't doing a good job then outside sources are a must and puppets are always useless.

The team and Smith are a reflection of Andy. Has good patches, innovative on occasions, but ultimately timid and has it's limitations. He's had nineteen seasons as a head coach in the league and has only made ONE SB. Regular season success is pretty much futile if you're consistently found wanting when it really matters. 

I'm not convinced anything will change with mahommes. Why do you think Andy won't keep up the horizontal play calls? He does it year after frustrating year?

Sutton still needs fired as well...starting tackle is out, starting receivers are all out; yet, not a single sack? Plus Gaines is a shit sandwich

Because when he had real QB's in Philly, he called a more vertical game.   And he will again when he has a real QB that can make all NFL throws next year.   There's a chart on the old site that illustrated this perfectly.  I'll bring it over if I can find it, but the problem with this team isn't and won't be Andy Reid's playcalling.  He's limited in what he can do, because his current QB limits him.   He finally acknowledged it, and got his replacement QB.  Now we just have to wait for next year to get that QB started.  

Because when he had real QB's in Philly, he called a more vertical game.   And he will again when he has a real QB that can make all NFL throws next year.   There's a chart on the old site that illustrated this perfectly.  I'll bring it over if I can find it, but the problem with this team isn't and won't be Andy Reid's playcalling.  He's limited in what he can do, because his current QB limits him.   He finally acknowledged it, and got his replacement QB.  Now we just have to wait for next year to get that QB started.  

It could also be due to Reid not being up to date with his playcalling. It's tough to predict until we see him with Mahomes but looking back at this season we have seen some nice vertical plays that actually opened up the WCO by creating some room for shorter throws. 

It could also be due to Reid not being up to date with his playcalling. It's tough to predict until we see him with Mahomes but looking back at this season we have seen some nice vertical plays that actually opened up the WCO by creating some room for shorter throws. 

Ultimately teams adjust, and Alex isn't good enough to overcome those adjustments.  

Ultimately teams adjust, and Alex isn't good enough to overcome those adjustments.  

What I hate the most is that Chiefs actually had some diversity in the playcalling earlier in the season before reverting back to 2-3 yard throws and abandoning the run with no good reason. The passing game could be an issue with Smith but the lack of runs point to Reid. I agree that Mahomes could bring back the McNabb days for Reid and Hunt could be his next Westbrook but if the issue is with Reid I would prefer to see an OC change before we lose some precious time with those youngsters.

So the qbs struggled with the wind today yet we have Kelce throw a pass?

It was insane. Reid has a big EGO when it comes to brilliant play design. When the press starts singing his praises he cant help himself. The Hill pass started this slide and that Kelce play was the reason KC lost today. In both situations KC was moving the ball well and had momentum..

I’m not being sarcastic-

Just play with ten guys

Hope the receiver trips/falls, drops it, or is so wide open the qb misses.

The odds are exactly the same as Gaines covering.

I'm laughing and crying at the same time at the truth of your statement. I said this yesterday...when an opposing QB lobs up a deep pass that is up for grabs you can expect 1 of 3 things to happen: our corner will either A) fall down for some unknown reason, B.) get himself out of position so he really has no chance to make a play on the ball, or C) commit pass interference. We got to witness an exceptional effort by Gaines who managed to perform all 3 in one play. Truly amazing.

After yesterday, I've been entertaining the fact that Reid deserves to be fired even if the Chiefs finish 9-7.  I know, I know "It will never happen" but we all have seem to have forgotten John Dorsey getting fired for not doing his job, so it is possible with a complete collapse.

However, I think Hunt would be more inclined and probably wiser for doing so, to force Reid's hand in firing all of his assistants, especially on defense.

For next year, the entire defensive coaching staff and some of the players needs to be over-hauled.

Reid needs to give up play calling duties.

Archived