The Chiefs Have Lost 4 Out Of The Last 5 Games

No, just limp home with Alex, win this winnable division, and then get serious building a Super Bowl contender for the next 10 years with a real QB starting next year.   I wouldn't play Mahomes this year, barring injury. 

I agree with this DBG.  Although, I'd blame coaches (play callers & Sutton) plus way too many penalties more than AS11 for what has happened the past 5 weeks.

I agree with this DBG.  Although, I'd blame coaches (play callers & Sutton) plus way too many penalties more than AS11 for what has happened the past 5 weeks.

I don't blame Alex.  He is what he is and has played at the top of his limited game for the most part this year.  

Dablue.  Come on.  This is Zen from old scout board by the way.   You can't just say don't blame him.   He was really off today.   His usual game is much better than what he showed.  The 'cold & wind'  is affecting him.    He shouldn't have played. 

Got to blame ANDY for the gadget play INT and for not playing the backup qb just to see what he can do on some 3rd downs. Mahomes could have ran the wildcat at LEAST.  Use the young  legs.

Is it just the injuries piling up or is this entire team broken?

I’ve been embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan dozens of times but this is truly one of the most sickening losses in recent memory. This feels as bad as that epic loss in the playoffs to the Colts. I’ll always root for the Chiefs but right now I can’t find literarily one facet of this Chiefs team to say well at least this one thing doesn’t suck. Wait a minute, I got it, man that Butker is freakin awesome. That’s about all I like about the Chiefs currently. There’s my positive to hang my Chiefs banner on for the last 5 games.

Is it just the injuries piling up or is this entire team broken?

I’ve been embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan dozens of times but this is truly one of the most sickening losses in recent memory. This feels as bad as that epic loss in the playoffs to the Colts. I’ll always root for the Chiefs but right now I can’t find literarily one facet of this Chiefs team to say well at least this one thing doesn’t suck. Wait a minute, I got it, man that Butker is freakin awesome. That’s about all I like about the Chiefs currently. There’s my positive to hang my Chiefs banner on for the last 5 games.

No passion. This team has no real leaders. What's the point of keeping Houston, DJ, Hali and others if they aren't firing passion into fellow teammates. Nobody has even resembled a role Berry left.

No passion. This team has no real leaders. What's the point of keeping Houston, DJ, Hali and others if they aren't firing passion into fellow teammates. Nobody has even resembled a role Berry left.

Reid should be leading and coaching guys up on the sideline. All I see is playcalling. He should be up guys asses!

Yep. The heart of the defense is not on the field. Nobody is filling that void.

The real problem is this team is poorly constructed. Alex smith is overpaid. As is a rapidly decking dj. Hali makes a huge paycheck and contributes nothing. Berry makes a ton of money and has had multiple season ending injuries. That all equates to a lot of dead money at the top of the pay tree and leaves us short at the bottom. That’s why we have guys like Gaines, because the cap is fucked up and we can’t pay for quality depth. We can’t go out and get free agent help. That’s why this offseason is so important, to purge those bad contracts and reset the cap. I believe the problems we are seeing were noticed by Clark and that’s why we made the change at gm. No one was going to come out and say this was a lost season , but I’m really starting to believe that the powers that be knew there were problems with this team and they were just hoping to weather this season so that 2018 could provide a fresh start with a pillar at qb and cap relief to upgrade the roster to a more even build so we can be a better , stronger, healthier team in 18. There are some popular guys on this roster that need to be let go after this season if we are going to be a true contender in the next few seasons.

Reid should be leading and coaching guys up on the sideline. All I see is playcalling. He should be up guys asses!

Spot on.

If he wants to be a freakin coordinator, then he should give the head coaching responsibilities to someone else.

Injuries. Chris Conley, and then Albert Wilson.

The Chiefs are 6-0 in games where they don't have to resort to starting Demarcus Robinson. It's as simple as that.

I agree. We've gone 1-4 in games without Conley and Wilson. Wilson played during the Raiders game which ironically was Smith's last effective game and 30+ outing for the offense.

Smith just doesn't seem to trust D-Rob...why?

Because Demarcus Robinson is light years behind the rest of the players Smith had been practicing with during the preseason. Smith's not supposed to have to guess where his man will be, or even have to think about it; he's just supposed to execute. The hesitation shows up constantly now. Robinson is athletically gifted, but he's simply not ending up where he's supposed to be on plays.

Or maybe Smith knows the first five weeks were a sham, and he is deliberately trying to make Robinson look bad with "inaccurate throws," while throwing winnable games late with uncharacteristic picks so that the Chiefs can be winless whenever they start Robinson.

Nah, I'm going with the first line of reasoning.

Archived