The Chiefs Have Lost 4 Out Of The Last 5 Games

I don't see any passion on this team.   Berry is injured but he's not dead, he should still be a team leader.   If Conley and Wilson are our excuse for the offense then I'm not sure I've heard a sorrier excuse in my life.   The Giants just beat us with their 3rd string wrs......

We run Hunt 18 times in 5 quarters of play in a grind it out game.   We call the stupidest plays (i.e. TE passes).   Our QB has reverted back to the Alex we all loathe and hate.    Our defense is so vanilla and bland we can't even get to Manning on the last play sending the house.     Phillip Gaines should have been cut weeks ago and we currently aren't playing our 3rd best corner (T. Mitchelll).   Our defensive scheme has been figured out and Bod Sutton has had 6 weeks to figure it out.    This team is a train wreck.  We are one of the softest teams in the L and will once again slide into the playoffs only to lose and be sent home.   I pray Clark Hunt evaluated everyone top down after the season and breaks up the buddy buddy club Reid has constructed starting with Sutton.

I don't see any passion on this team.   Berry is injured but he's not dead, he should still be a team leader.   If Conley and Wilson are our excuse for the offense then I'm not sure I've heard a sorrier excuse in my life.   The Giants just beat us with their 3rd string wrs......

We run Hunt 18 times in 5 quarters of play in a grind it out game.   We call the stupidest plays (i.e. TE passes).   Our QB has reverted back to the Alex we all loathe and hate.    Our defense is so vanilla and bland we can't even get to Manning on the last play sending the house.     Phillip Gaines should have been cut weeks ago and we currently aren't playing our 3rd best corner (T. Mitchelll).   Our defensive scheme has been figured out and Bod Sutton has had 6 weeks to figure it out.    This team is a train wreck.  We are one of the softest teams in the L and will once again slide into the playoffs only to lose and be sent home.   I pray Clark Hunt evaluated everyone top down after the season and breaks up the buddy buddy club Reid has constructed starting with Sutton.

To be fair, the Giants really didn't beat the Chiefs today. The Chiefs handed the game to the Giants with three turnovers and all 9 points scored in regulation off of turnovers deep in Chiefs territory. The shadow of the Chiefs' Week One Offense could have beaten the Giants by 40. The problem is that the Chiefs don't even have a shadow of that offense remaining.

Because Demarcus Robinson is light years behind the rest of the players Smith had been practicing with during the preseason. Smith's not supposed to have to guess where his man will be, or even have to think about it; he's just supposed to execute. The hesitation shows up constantly now. Robinson is athletically gifted, but he's simply not ending up where he's supposed to be on plays.

Or maybe Smith knows the first five weeks were a sham, and he is deliberately trying to make Robinson look bad with "inaccurate throws," while throwing winnable games late with uncharacteristic picks so that the Chiefs can be winless whenever they start Robinson.

Nah, I'm going with the first line of reasoning.

LOL are you seriously trying to blame Robinson who has gotten separation and found himself free as a bird several times, only to be missed by that average game manager? Come on man :D . And let's not act like Conley is Randy Moss. The guy has ONE career TD to his name....he's nothing special at all.

I think it's pretty obvious that Reid/Smith duo won't be getting us to the promised land. I wouldn't waste Mahomes in this scenario but much rather prefer him to start next year with a competent OC that can actually call NFL plays. Even though they have been terrible Reid & Smith need to finish this year and may be we could get a pick in return for Smith to give Mahomes help at some position, not that the current scenario looks to be promising for the offseason value.

Who debunked this argument? All I've seen was Travis Kelce and a bunch of novices trying to execute a highly complex offense.

It didn't look to be complex at all. What I've seen was basically "if something is working, just stop it". Chiefs started getting some yards on the ground in the 3rd quarter and just killed the drive with back to back stupid pass plays, none of which were useful eve if they succeeded. 

The real problem is this team is poorly constructed. Alex smith is overpaid. As is a rapidly decking dj. Hali makes a huge paycheck and contributes nothing. Berry makes a ton of money and has had multiple season ending injuries. That all equates to a lot of dead money at the top of the pay tree and leaves us short at the bottom. That’s why we have guys like Gaines, because the cap is fucked up and we can’t pay for quality depth. We can’t go out and get free agent help. That’s why this offseason is so important, to purge those bad contracts and reset the cap. I believe the problems we are seeing were noticed by Clark and that’s why we made the change at gm. No one was going to come out and say this was a lost season , but I’m really starting to believe that the powers that be knew there were problems with this team and they were just hoping to weather this season so that 2018 could provide a fresh start with a pillar at qb and cap relief to upgrade the roster to a more even build so we can be a better , stronger, healthier team in 18. There are some popular guys on this roster that need to be let go after this season if we are going to be a true contender in the next few seasons.

good explanation and 100% the reason Dorsey got fired.

I just wish Hunt would hold Reid to the same expectations that losing these games and in the playoffs every year is un-acceptible.

LOL are you seriously trying to blame Robinson who has gotten separation and found himself free as a bird several times, only to be missed by that average game manager? Come on man :D . And let's not act like Conley is Randy Moss. The guy has ONE career TD to his name....he's nothing special at all.

It doesn't do any good to be open if the quarterback can't see you because you aren't where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there.

And because you can't evaluate players apart from their stat line, I'm simply not going to continue any discussion about Conley's utility.

Archived