It's time to roll with Mahomes

Yeah Smith has his flaws all QB's do, but to say he's the reason for the struggle is ridiculous! 18tds 3 ints, how bout some receivers who can get open and run correct routes, how bout a defense that plays with some fire like the men that they are, instead of like little girls! How Andy run more real plays like slants, outs, posts, instead trying to trick everyone! How bout the Oline actually opening up some damn holes instead of getting mauled every game! And even Alex taking some chances not getting happy feet so quick and get back to how he was getting the feel of the game early in the season!! How about signing a good receiver instead crap ass broke down Darrell Revis

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tired of putting out fires lit by fake news. Read my comments on Arrowhead Pride. I'm not going to bother copying them here.

Sir, I have supported Smith since he has been here. Facts are facts. His level of play has not been good enough, consistently, when we needed it most. It is what it is. I'm not going to read through the comments at AP with their horrendous posting format.

Yeah Smith has his flaws all QB's do, but to say he's the reason for the struggle is ridiculous! 18tds 3 ints, how bout some receivers who can get open and run correct routes, how bout a defense that plays with some fire like the men that they are, instead of like little girls! How Andy run more real plays like slants, outs, posts, instead trying to trick everyone! How bout the Oline actually opening up some damn holes instead of getting mauled every game! And even Alex taking some chances not getting happy feet so quick and get back to how he was getting the feel of the game early in the season!! How about signing a good receiver instead crap ass broke down Darrell Revis

I would like to see more from the offensive line. It has not been playing well and Smith has reverted back to some old habits. Give the guy some time and he can perform with the best as he show cased weeks 1-5.

Go watch the game again. We had WRs wide open including DAT who had beaten his corner by 3 steps deep. We had Kelce open numerous times right up with seam only Alex was afraid to throw into tight quarters. He missed an easy first down in the fourth quarter by short arming a sideline pass. And then of course threw those two ridiculous INTs. I'm all for calling a spade and spade and the defense has been biggest culprit of our issues this year. But we gave up 6 freakin points in egulaton and still couldn't win against a defense lit up by a horrendous SF team. That loss was squarely on the shoulders of our most veteran and highest paid offensive player.

I would like to see more from the offensive line. It has not been playing well and Smith has reverted back to some old habits. Give the guy some time and he can perform with the best as he show cased weeks 1-5.

Alex was only pressured in something like 7 of 30 drop backs. Can't remember exact numbers but he had plenty of time overall. He just can't play in windy conditions.

Go watch the game again. We had WRs wide open including DAT who had beaten his corner by 3 steps deep. We had Kelce open numerous times right up with seam only Alex was afraid to throw into tight quarters. He missed an easy first down in the fourth quarter by short arming a sideline pass. And then of course threw those two ridiculous INTs. I'm all for calling a spade and spade and the defense has been biggest culprit of our issues this year. But we gave up 6 freakin points in egulaton and still couldn't win against a defense lit up by a horrendous SF team. That loss was squarely on the shoulders of our most veteran and highest paid offensive player.

I'm not saying he's not at fault at all for the loss, and more so this game then any of their other losses, but to say we better switch to Mahomes cause Alex is the only reason for the stench coming from this team right now is more than a little ridiculous!! It's the defense as a whole and lack of a NFL caliber WR and lack of an NFL caliber CB outside of Peters!!

Can I ask why your comments should take precedence over the NFL.com? Is the only valid opinion that Alex Smith is super duper man and the rest of the team is holding him back? I don't get it.

Not precedence over NFL.com. This wasn't an executive's opinion. This was a former never-did-anything quarterback's opinion, a quarterback outplayed by the player he's knocking on an unsubstantiated claim.

Sir, I have supported Smith since he has been here. Facts are facts. His level of play has not been good enough, consistently, when we needed it most. It is what it is. I'm not going to read through the comments at AP with their horrendous posting format.

It's misleading to call it "cold weather months" when many of those games were played indoors or in moderate conditions. Cold weather had little to do with Smith's passer rating. David Carr simply produced a poorly-researched article, and since it's once again become popular to bash Smith, people swallow the story with no scrutiny.

It's misleading to call it "cold weather months" when many of those games were played indoors or in moderate conditions. Cold weather had little to do with Smith's passer rating. David Carr simply produced a poorly-researched article, and since it's once again become popular to bash Smith, people swallow the story with no scrutiny.

Agreed. Cold weather has nothing to do with it. Alex just starts sucking as the season goes on due to the fact that he sucks. Regression to the mean and all.

Smith was throwing gutsy balls early in the season due to the man coverage, for some reason he has really struggled with zone the last handful of weeks. However calling for the highly talented rook at this stage for me is a little premature.. obviously Andy knows better than I n I would support the kid if he made the move, but I'm more comfortable with Smith atm and although there has been huge glaring weaknesses, this team is not half as bad as us battered chiefs fans over react like it is.

The question I have for all my fellow Chief fans is, how long do we tolerate poor performances from Alex? Because, let's be honest, he was trash against Pit, poor against Dallas, average against Denver and his performance at NY was simply disgraceful imo. So if he stinks out the place against the Bills, whether we win or lose, then what? Is it Alex or nothing all season or is there a limit to all this? 

The question I have for all my fellow Chief fans is, how long do we tolerate poor performances from Alex? Because, let's be honest, he was trash against Pit, poor against Dallas, average against Denver and his performance at NY was simply disgraceful imo. So if he stinks out the place against the Bills, whether we win or lose, then what? Is it Alex or nothing all season or is there a limit to all this?

I'm not sure where the line is. That's really probably someone like Reid who sees the daily development could ask.. I think it's Alex's year all the way through, but then again I'm also able to realize that even tho some blame Alex for these losses (and he does have fault in them), he was not the only or even biggest problem. In fact he made plays most wouldn't to keep us in the game.. this team's two biggest issue have been rcb (hopefully addressed with revis) and the oline.. We were all expecting the o line to get back to the level they had been playing at before Morse n ldt went down. They are decent in pass pro, but not getting the push or opening the holes they use to.. wether that is lingering injury or not it starts upfront, and this team across the board needs to regain some swag, attitude, nastiness, killer instinct,.. whatever you want to call it, that's this team's issue not Alex, although I'm not sure why a qb with his experience is struggling with zone coverage. If we keep losing I would be more apt to make playcalling changes (we have some younger more aggressive coaches that could take that role with guidance of the incumbants) than bring mahomes in premature.

Good point. I don't think Reid will change whether we win or lose. I don't know if changing the QB would be the answer either. I believe Reid needs to get his ass out of his head and put the players in position to beat a cover 2 and get 4-7 yds. on first down so you can lean on Hunt. The more I watch these last few game over and over the more I see Reid not doing his job. Yes Smith has missed open receivers, but when you call gimmick plays on the road in a close game with the wind blowing, it is really telling that he don't know WTF to do to beat a cover 2 defense. It all about 1 st down so we can stay on the field and use the running game. This will help our defense and special teams as well. I don't get what Reid is doing.

With as bad as AS is playing, is it possible he has a lingering injury we are not aware of? Because this ain’t the same guy we saw in the first five weeks. Shoulder strain or something that at the end of the year the Chiefs announce, well Smith is having surgery for X this offseason.. and fans would never have known. We’ve seen that before with other players on teams.

With as bad as AS is playing, is it possible he has a lingering injury we are not aware of? Because this ain’t the same guy we saw in the first five weeks. Shoulder strain or something that at the end of the year the Chiefs announce, well Smith is having surgery for X this offseason.. and fans would never have known. We’ve seen that before with other players on teams.

Anything is possible but it's unlikely. This is just kind of his MO. Likewise I expect him to play well in several games down the stretch. In the past we just had to hope he plays well vs good teams because defense could handle the rest. But now with declining defense it seems we are succeptable every week to any team if he plays poorly.

How come everyone else can get benched for shitty plays, but not AS11?

If this was anyone else having a 5 game slide, they would be benched already...

Smith sucks.

I never bought in to all this MVP talk earlier in the season. I knew the "real" Alex would eventually show up....And he has.

Archived