Comments from Eagles fans

Some comments from Eagles fans after yesterday’s loss.....

I don’t feel sorry for you, KC fans. We Eagles fans dealt with the “I have to put my players in better position” forever until the owner and coach finally agreed that it was time for change. Then the fans were accused of the classic “running him out of town” AFTER 14 YEARS.

I think Andy is a very good coach that also has some fatal flaws. I’m not disappointed that he’s gone (even though he can certainly coach up an average QB to play very well).

————————

I’m an Eagles fan and I have heard that same speech god knows how many times. I would actually like to see Andy win a Super Bowl but it is just never going to happen. And don’t even get me started on the stupid trick plays. But if you need a coach who can get your team to the playoffs he is your guy. Just don’t expect a championship

————————

When Andy started blaming his players in Philly, it was the beginning of the end.

Might have been the case with Reid back in Philly. I've heard pretty much the same things from Eagles fans so could be considered a generally accepted opinion. However I believe that Reid can improve just like any other guy and hope that he's no longer the "can get to a point but that's it" type of coach. 

I didn't like him talking smack about the OL last week as if it was someone else's responsibility to coach them but that could simply be a short term frustration.

years ago when the Reverend Edwards became our coach fans came on here from NY telling us what to expect. We as a group pretty much considered all their reviews as sour grapes.  they ended up being right. I think this Eagles fan opinion holds water.

Meh. What fanbase is going to say great things about their ex coach who didnt win them superbowls? Football fans are half informed idiots, present company excluded of course. 8)

It has to be said though that his time with the Chiefs is very similar to his time at Philly. Great in the regular season but more often than not found wanting when it really matters.

Meh. What fanbase is going to say great things about their ex coach who didnt win them superbowls? Football fans are half informed idiots, present company excluded of course. 8)

I tend to agree, but the fact that Reid has never learned from his past mistakes has to be concerning. Perhaps with Mahomes it won’t even matter!

I want to see him with mahomes a few years. If you're a coach and your name doesn't rhyme with phil smelichick, and yoy didn't win the superbowl last year, half the fanbase probably hates you. And fans on the internet are worse. And philly and NY fans are mostly comprised of assholes, statisically speaking of course. Pretty sure that's true any way.

I want to see him with mahomes a few years. If you're a coach and your name doesn't rhyme with phil smelichick, and yoy didn't win the superbowl last year, half the fanbase probably hates you. And fans on the internet are worse. And philly and NY fans are mostly comprised of assholes, statisically speaking of course. Pretty sure that's true any way.

Agree. But please no more playcalling. Coach your damn players on the sideline.

Hey guys, I'm a chiefs fan but do follow the eagles as i live near Philly. I listen to the fanatic(phillys sports station) at work for the past 20 years and have def insight in the reid situation when he was in philly.

He wasn't run out of town for any specific reason. the fans soured on him and it was just time for a change. he pulled the same shit with brian westbrook as he's doing with kareem. not using him effectively. not running the ball and 2nd and short,etc. his time management is horrendous and his gimmicky play calls hurt the eagles. 

his press conferences were always the same, sooo ambiguous and always stating we need to do better. I'm sooo tired of hearing it, i refuse to listen to Chiefs press conferences anymore. same shit different city 

Reid is a quality coach but some of his calls are maddening and he was exactly the same way in philly.  He'd be great if he can give up playcalling. i think teams know him soo well and they plan against his tendencies and predictability.  I'm really hoping mahomes starts as it could really help reid with his playcalling and open up the playbook. 

One other thing. Andy will have to be forced to give up playcalling. 

he is very very very narcissistic. That is a fact as he believes he is the best coach and playcaller in the game. 

I also feel like Reid is very narcissistic. 

Why else won't he hire an OC? Or relinquish playcalling duties??

However, I'm not sure if someone else calling the plays, will instantly make AS11 start chucking the ball downfield again, or making the oline block for more than  1 sec...

years ago when the Reverend Edwards became our coach fans came on here from NY telling us what to expect. We as a group pretty much considered all their reviews as sour grapes.  they ended up being right. I think this Eagles fan opinion holds water.

I remember that.....good times....good times.....

Hey guys, I'm a chiefs fan but do follow the eagles as i live near Philly. I listen to the fanatic(phillys sports station) at work for the past 20 years and have def insight in the reid situation when he was in philly.

He wasn't run out of town for any specific reason. the fans soured on him and it was just time for a change. he pulled the same shit with brian westbrook as he's doing with kareem. not using him effectively. not running the ball and 2nd and short,etc. his time management is horrendous and his gimmicky play calls hurt the eagles. 

his press conferences were always the same, sooo ambiguous and always stating we need to do better. I'm sooo tired of hearing it, i refuse to listen to Chiefs press conferences anymore. same shit different city 

Reid is a quality coach but some of his calls are maddening and he was exactly the same way in philly.  He'd be great if he can give up playcalling. i think teams know him soo well and they plan against his tendencies and predictability.  I'm really hoping mahomes starts as it could really help reid with his playcalling and open up the playbook. 

Philly news conference = *Thinking of a Cheesesteak*

KC News conference = *Thinking of BBQ*

They would have taken him back in a heartbeat. The didn't hesitate to hire an Andy disciple and rookie head coach.

No way, there would have been an uprising. Fans really dislike him and would never have allowed it. 

They hired pederson b/c he's a good coach. look at what he's doing for Philly now.  I'd actually prefer pederson over andy at this point

Archived