Starting Mahomes from Week 1

Let me start off by saying that I fully agree Alex Smith was the right QB to go with, but just for sake of discussion, how much different would this season by with Patrick Mahomes starting from Week 1 on like the Eagles did with Carson Wentz?

Keep these related transactions in mind too: Chiefs could possibly have traded away Alex Smith to a team like the Dolphins, Browns, Colts, etc. I'm thinking with Alex's high salary, a 4th Round Pick seems around what Alex Smith could bring back. If successful, that leaves the Chiefs with alot of cap space.

#1. Acquire another mid-round Draft Pick for Alex Smith.

#2. Jeremy Maclin stays in KC, being the Starting WR opposite Tyreek Hill.

#3. Cap space gives the Chiefs way more flexibility to make serious offers to late Free Agents like Joe Haden for example.

#4. ILB could've been better addressed with options like Navarro Bowman or Zach Brown.

#5. Mahomes takes his lumps just like Carson Wentz, Jared Goff and Ben Roethlisberger for example.

In conclusion, are the Chiefs still 6-4 with Mahomes as the starter? What are your thoughts?

Let me start off by saying that I fully agree Alex Smith was the right QB to go with, but just for sake of discussion, how much different would this season by with Patrick Mahomes starting from Week 1 on like the Eagles did with Carson Wentz?

Keep these related transactions in mind too: Chiefs could possibly have traded away Alex Smith to a team like the Dolphins, Browns, Colts, etc. I'm thinking with Alex's high salary, a 4th Round Pick seems around what Alex Smith could bring back. If successful, that leaves the Chiefs with alot of cap space.

#1. Acquire another mid-round Draft Pick for Alex Smith.

#2. Jeremy Maclin stays in KC, being the Starting WR opposite Tyreek Hill.

#3. Cap space gives the Chiefs way more flexibility to make serious offers to late Free Agents like Joe Haden for example.

#4. ILB could've been better addressed with options like Navarro Bowman or Zach Brown.

#5. Mahomes takes his lumps just like Carson Wentz, Jared Goff and Ben Roethlisberger for example.

In conclusion, are the Chiefs still 6-4 with Mahomes as the starter? What are your thoughts?

20 million dollar CAP hit had we traded or released Alex. 

Archived