Dorsey says he was surprised “a little bit” of firing

Never doubted Reid had the most say. Dorsey did not do a great job in KC. Caretaker yes. The NFL is competitive because the CAP works. Reid can coach players up. Looking back Dorsey was average at best.

No doubt he was poor cap manager as we continue to ride the line there. I just wonder how much personnel control he actually had after reading this. I guess it matters not.

Never doubted Reid had the most say. Dorsey did not do a great job in KC. Caretaker yes. The NFL is competitive because the CAP works. Reid can coach players up. Looking back Dorsey was average at best.

Reid ain’t coaching shit, right now.

I don’t know why he was surprised. He paid Houston and Berry more than anyone in history and still left them with a bad taste in their mouth. He gave a crippled Hali 8 mill a year and didn’t offer a healthy Charles 1. He cut Maclin when we had no clear #1 or #2 WR. And did it with a message on his answering machine. And from what I heard without checking with his boss/head coach.

Dorsey could find talent off the waiver wire, but had mixed results in the draft. He is good and will likely get better. But he was not right for us right now.

Veach has done more you improve the ILB position since the season started than Dorsey did in his tenure.

I don’t know why he was surprised. He paid Houston and Berry more than anyone in history and still left them with a bad taste in their mouth. He gave a crippled Hali 8 mill a year and didn’t offer a healthy Charles 1. He cut Maclin when we had no clear #1 or #2 WR. And did it with a message on his answering machine. And from what I heard without checking with his boss/head coach.

Dorsey could find talent off the waiver wire, but had mixed results in the draft. He is good and will likely get better. But he was not right for us right now.

Veach has done more you improve the ILB position since the season started than Dorsey did in his tenure.

Love seeing Raglands snaps almost match DJ at this point. He's basically a rookie coming back from major surgery and I think this will end up being a very nice trade for us. 

I miss Dorsey terribly.   He did a great job here.  Remains to be seen if Veach can approach what Dorsey was.  Guy was a top flight GM, with a fantastic resume, and I suspect he will be again.  I'd have to think he'd be a prime candidate to become the next Giant GM, as they're likely to move on from Jerry Reese.  If Cleve was smart, they'd ditch their whole ridiculous Front Office structure and grab him.   With all their draft choices, he'd build them pretty quickly into a competitive team.  

If Toub isn't already the top choice to become Indy's Coach, he'll likely become Dorsey's top choice if he lands a GM job with Coach Naming authority.  

I miss Dorsey terribly. He did a great job here. Remains to be seen if Veach can approach what Dorsey was. Guy was a top flight GM, with a fantastic resume, and I suspect he will be again. I'd have to think he'd be a prime candidate to become the next Giant GM, as they're likely to move on from Jerry Reese. If Cleve was smart, they'd ditch their whole ridiculous Front Office structure and grab him. With all their draft choices, he'd build them pretty quickly into a competitive team.

If Toub isn't already the top choice to become Indy's Coach, he'll likely become Dorsey's top choice if he lands a GM job with Coach Naming authority.

So great that the CB depth and LB depth is clearly an issue this season. Despite 4 drafts and offseasons to develop young players. He made good and bad moves. I'm glad the Chiefs had him, but it's time to move on bro

So great that the CB depth and LB depth is clearly an issue this season. Despite 4 drafts and offseasons to develop young players. He made good and bad moves. I'm glad the Chiefs had him, but it's time to move on bro

After a horrid signing like Revis today, I miss Dorsey even more.  

I loved Dorsey but it's becoming more and more clear our obvious roster flaws at LB, CB, G and WR are on him. And that insanely stupid Tamba contract still should irk everyone.

Horrid signing? So that means you think that Terrence Mitchell, Phillip Gaines and Kenneth Acker are all starting caliber. Not even one of these three have ever been a good CB, atleast Darrelle Revis has. And even at Revis's decline, he's still far better than anything the Chiefs have on their roster.

Hell, you should appreciate how good he is despite growing older, afterall, I remember a time long ago when you actually sounded like you knew what you were talking about. Because after a comment like you just made, you clearly have lost your mind. When Revis finally retires, you might want to follow suit and retire yourself from the message boards too.

Horrid signing? So that means you think that Terrence Mitchell, Phillip Gaines and Kenneth Acker are all starting caliber. Not even one of these three have ever been a good CB, atleast Darrelle Revis has. And even at Revis's decline, he's still far better than anything the Chiefs have on their roster.

Hell, you should appreciate how good he is despite growing older, afterall, I remember a time long ago when you actually sounded like you knew what you were talking about. Because after a comment like you just made, you clearly have lost your mind. When Revis finally retires, you might want to follow suit and retire yourself from the message boards too.

Terrence Mitchell is a better player than Revis is currently. 

Thanks for the personal attack.   There is SO MUCH material to attack back, but I'll just consider the source, and Laugh my ass off at the source.   

Of course I have no way to prove it but I’d be willing to bet that the Revis signing was 100% Andy Reid. I don’t see a scenario where veach goes to Andy and says what about this guy, but I do see Reid going to veach and saying I want this guy.

Of course I have no way to prove it but I’d be willing to bet that the Revis signing was 100% Andy Reid. I don’t see a scenario where veach goes to Andy and says what about this guy, but I do see Reid going to veach and saying I want this guy.

That's even worse.  Andy loves his old, washed up vets, as his later days as Philly GM showed.   Any Andy GM needs to be strong enough to say no to him on stuff like that.   

Also, if Andy is calling shots on Defensive personnel, woe is us.  Great Coach, great offensive mind, but his D judgement has sucked since Jim Johnson died, and he actually had to make defensive decisions.  

Most players actually got worse after Dorsey has been replaced. There have been minor coaching changes but nothing to suggest so much drop off. Dorsey might have had more control over the roster than we initially thought, or Reid just cannot handle the increased workload. 

Most players actually got worse after Dorsey has been replaced. There have been minor coaching changes but nothing to suggest so much drop off. Dorsey might have had more control over the roster than we initially thought, or Reid just cannot handle the increased workload.

I could be wrong, but this is how I interpret things. Philly Andy pulled gm duties. Andy said he wanted to get back to coaching and not do that. I see that as Andy still wants control over all personnel, he just didn’t want to be responsible for ironing out contracts. I think that’s why Dorsey gave out so many bad contracts, because Andy would tell him these are the players I want, it’s your job to get the contracts done. Reid is a control freak, a coach who calls plays and handles personnel. I would imagine that the majority of assistants are left impotent becauseandy controls so much. To that end, I think that’s why Andy has never won a super bowl despite his successful record. A good general knows how to delegate, and I really don’t think Reid does a good job of delegating. Of course this is conjecture on my part, but it’s what I believe. That said, before someone takes this and runs with it, I’m not calling for him to be fired or saying that there was a better candidate available when we hired him. Reid is a good coach, but also a flawed one.

I could be wrong, but this is how I interpret things. Philly Andy pulled gm duties. Andy said he wanted to get back to coaching and not do that. I see that as Andy still wants control over all personnel, he just didn’t want to be responsible for ironing out contracts. I think that’s why Dorsey gave out so many bad contracts, because Andy would tell him these are the players I want, it’s your job to get the contracts done. Reid is a control freak, a coach who calls plays and handles personnel. I would imagine that the majority of assistants are left impotent becauseandy controls so much. To that end, I think that’s why Andy has never won a super bowl despite his successful record. A good general knows how to delegate, and I really don’t think Reid does a good job of delegating. Of course this is conjecture on my part, but it’s what I believe. That said, before someone takes this and runs with it, I’m not calling for him to be fired or saying that there was a better candidate available when we hired him. Reid is a yegood coach, but also a flawed one.

It’s not conjecture on your part because what you said is true. Andy’s inability to delegate is ultimately what did him in in Philly, and was also one of the negotiating items discussed by him and Hunt prior to him coming to KC. It just so happened that because Reid failed at GM/HC/OC in Philly, Hunt had a bargaining chip, and Reid acknowledged as much by stating he wanted to focus on coaching in KC.

What I think is interesting is how so many of the truly great coaches in this league delegate to find success, yet some, like Reid still insist on doing it all. You’d think there’d be more of a copycat mentality but there’s not. Best case in point to this is Bill Belichick, who leaves the majority of the play-calling to his coordinators.

This is basically Dorsey's roster. It is weak at receiver, offensive line, defensive line, inside linebacker, cornerback and outside linebacker. Once berry went down we are weak there also. We have an ok punter, a good kicker that veach brought in and one good tight end. We may or may not have the qbotf and Hunt and Hill look promising generally.

I could be wrong, but this is how I interpret things. Philly Andy pulled gm duties. Andy said he wanted to get back to coaching and not do that. I see that as Andy still wants control over all personnel, he just didn’t want to be responsible for ironing out contracts. I think that’s why Dorsey gave out so many bad contracts, because Andy would tell him these are the players I want, it’s your job to get the contracts done. Reid is a control freak, a coach who calls plays and handles personnel. I would imagine that the majority of assistants are left impotent becauseandy controls so much. To that end, I think that’s why Andy has never won a super bowl despite his successful record. A good general knows how to delegate, and I really don’t think Reid does a good job of delegating. Of course this is conjecture on my part, but it’s what I believe. That said, before someone takes this and runs with it, I’m not calling for him to be fired or saying that there was a better candidate available when we hired him. Reid is a good coach, but also a flawed one.

Andy is the head of this franchise and has been since he got here. No doubt about that. I think there are certain players he says he wants and his GM needs to make it happen. Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin, Pat Mahomes all come to mind. But likewise I don't think he's involved in a lot of the scouting and decisions on the periphery of the roster. I read to many times him say things like this was a Dorsey guy like Kareem Hunt D Harris and Dee Ford. Same for Veach this year with trades for Ragland, Butker and Akeem Hunt.

If Andy let's his GM handle the core of the team he's okay. If he has to be hands on to everything it's too much for anyone.

Realty is our current roster is overrated. We have 4 LBs which account for 40 million dollars in CAP hits (30 percent of our total CAP!) and three of them have done next to nothing. That's a killer and Dorsey's fault. Our WR group was ridiculously thought out. And we have two of the bottom ten corners in the entire league. Clearly Berry cleaned up a lot of messes last year in that secondary IE. I think our coaching staff has really been hindered. But no doubt going forward it's massively important Veach gets to do his job without being micromanaged at every turn. Andy is a really good coach, but like anyone can be taken down if he tries to do too much.

You hate signing Revis for the veteran minimum but praise signing a broken down and old Tamba for insane money?! I mean what the heck man? Tamba hasn't even been able to practice consistently for almost 3 years now!

Tamba is currently making $8 million this year and hasn't been able to even play 1 game through 11 weeks. That's almost 9X as much money as we are paying Revis.

You seem to hate wasting money on old broken down players. Well the Tamba signing was just that...a Giant catastrophe.

Think of what the Chiefs could have done with $8 million last spring.

I miss Dorsey terribly.   He did a great job here.  Remains to be seen if Veach can approach what Dorsey was.  Guy was a top flight GM, with a fantastic resume, and I suspect he will be again.  I'd have to think he'd be a prime candidate to become the next Giant GM, as they're likely to move on from Jerry Reese.  If Cleve was smart, they'd ditch their whole ridiculous Front Office structure and grab him.   With all their draft choices, he'd build them pretty quickly into a competitive team.  

You have no idea what your talking about.....It was the owner and his new GM in Philly that put together the “dream team” not Andy.

Archived