Dorsey says he was surprised “a little bit” of firing

Clark was right to fire Dorsey. Take away DJ, Berry and Houston who Dorsey inherited and what do you have on defense?

Chris Jones and Marcus Peters in 4 years?

Yeah I'm glad he's gone.

If these guys were just old and not contributing, I would agree with you. And everyone knows that injuries are part of football, but those moves that he has made were made in the context of having those players he inherited. If he did not inherit those players, he may have made different choices.

So I'm not saying that Dorsey is great, but I think it was incomplete to say that without the good players that he had when he got here his complementary players were not good already. Maybe they would have been ready if they could have sat for longer and learned or came in on different plays instead of starting?

To me it is like buying a car who has three good tires and you buy a new tire for the broken one and then when the front two tires break saying that it's a useless car and your not good at buying tires. The thing is in the NFL, you can't buy all four tires. You have to buy for the wheel that is broken and find backups. Yes, I know my analogy isn't perfect.

Terrence Mitchell is a better player than Revis is currently. 

Thanks for the personal attack.   There is SO MUCH material to attack back, but I'll just consider the source, and Laugh my ass off at the source.

Agree with Mitchell, don’t know why he is in the doghouse. Let him play and see what he can do, we keep trotting out Gainers and Acker ‘hoping’ they will be better but clearly aren’t

You hate signing Revis for the veteran minimum but praise signing a broken down and old Tamba for insane money?! I mean what the heck man? Tamba hasn't even been able to practice consistently for almost 3 years now!

Tamba is currently making $8 million this year and hasn't been able to even play 1 game through 11 weeks. That's almost 9X as much money as we are paying Revis.

You seem to hate wasting money on old broken down players. Well the Tamba signing was just that...a Giant catastrophe.

Think of what the Chiefs could have done with $8 million last spring.

Where did I ever praise Tamba's last contract?   In fact, I did the opposite, but it was a quid pro quo because he took a big cut the year before. And in general, if we have to sign old broken down players, I'd rather them be Chief players than outside players, although I don't want them, period.  Thanks.  

You have no idea what your talking about.....It was the owner and his new GM in Philly that put together the “dream team” not Andy.

Sure.   Andy, the Coach and GM, had nothing to do with it.   That's pretty funny, talk about someone who has no idea what they're talking about.     

I could be wrong, but this is how I interpret things. Philly Andy pulled gm duties. Andy said he wanted to get back to coaching and not do that. I see that as Andy still wants control over all personnel, he just didn’t want to be responsible for ironing out contracts. I think that’s why Dorsey gave out so many bad contracts, because Andy would tell him these are the players I want, it’s your job to get the contracts done. Reid is a control freak, a coach who calls plays and handles personnel. I would imagine that the majority of assistants are left impotent becauseandy controls so much. To that end, I think that’s why Andy has never won a super bowl despite his successful record. A good general knows how to delegate, and I really don’t think Reid does a good job of delegating. Of course this is conjecture on my part, but it’s what I believe. That said, before someone takes this and runs with it, I’m not calling for him to be fired or saying that there was a better candidate available when we hired him. Reid is a good coach, but also a flawed one.

Could be the case as Dorsey was hired after Reid and coming from a draft oriented environment it could have been due to the bad taste in Reid's mouth due to the dream team. Going over the Mahomes story Dorsey basically looks to be the head of scouting and the contract guy but not sure what else. Reid sure has flaws and few of his subordinates look to be useless but don't know who has the power of the staff. Hunt has been directly involved in most things but I doubt he handles the position coaches but wouldn't be surprised to see him install someone new for oversight.

Archived