KC signs Darelle Revis

I don’t disagree. Do you think the addition of Revis is good enough to make the defense start holding opponents under 18 ppg? I have no problem with this signing. There’s no downside here. If he sucks we cut him. My point was that this addition doesn’t suddenly make the chiefs the top one or two teams in the league. Because Revis is such a big name, his signing is going to result in many fans having expectations that far exceed what this team is actually capable of.

While I agree corner was a need, I still think that linebackers are the biggest problem on the defense.

I remember we signed Ronnie Lott in the Carl Peterson era and that turned out pretty darn good. Not. But hey we are desperate and he's not THAT old. Joe Haden also rebounded from an abysmal 2016 season with a solid year for Pitt although in fairness he's 4 years younger. Best case is we get some veteran knowledge and perhaps lose a gaping hole that gets exploited constantly. If he's the case cracker for a defense that has as many underperforming and overpaid veteran LBs as we have, it would be a huge surprise to me.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Price tag for Revis. Whopping $352,941. it's a desperation move that costs us next to nothing if he produces nothing. And at that price, next to nothing should pretty much be expectation level.

Then again we are paying a staggering 8.2 million against the CAP for Tamba Hali this year. So people tell me where the real problem was with contracts?!?

My meds are fine, thanks.   Jets are thrilled Revis found a sucker to lighten their load that they are paying the washed up stiff a little bit.  There's always some sucker team that signs a washed up name, wishing and hoping he regains long lost glory.  Today, we be that sucker.  

LOL the butthurt here is just hilarious man!!!..keep sniffling bro!!!..it's actually quite funny to see now :D

At least with Revis you won't have balls bouncing of his helmet and returned for touchdowns..,

so friggin true.

Gaines and Acker have no ball awareness skills. On a majority of balls, all they have to do is turn around and it'll be an interception. 

If Revis i shall of what he used to be, I think we've upgraded the secondary.

Gotta believe this is a win for the chiefs as we are paying league minimum and no picks given.

All-22 breakdown of Revis from last season. Good read. In short he's clearly not nearly the same athlete he was in his prime but showed up as a savvy player who doesn't bite on double moves, is sgood at reading QBs and especially solid in zone. His fail rate was about 16 percent compared to over 30 percent from same criteria for Acker and Mitchell. Author acknowledged as we all should that if he's slowed anymore than film showed it probably will be ugly. But if he has same speed as last year he's a clear upgrade. Interesting.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/11/23/16693394/darrelle-revis-film-review-he-could-help

I remember we signed Ronnie Lott in the Carl Peterson era and that turned out pretty darn good. Not. But hey we are desperate and he's not THAT old. Joe Haden also rebounded from an abysmal 2016 season with a solid year for Pitt although in fairness he's 4 years younger. Best case is we get some veteran knowledge and perhaps lose a gaping hole that gets exploited constantly. If he's the case cracker for a defense that has as many underperforming and overpaid veteran LBs as we have, it would be a huge surprise to me.

I also remember signing a 33 year old running back too during his tenure that worked out pretty well. Who signs a 33 year old cancer of a rb that was benched by the owner any ways? Sheesh that guy sucked, his name.... Marcus Allen who lead every year in rushing but his last one for his 5 years here. There is no downside I can see here. If he is really in shape and in prove it mode, we win for the vet minimum cost. If he plays so well we take his contract on next year, then we need to draft CBs to learn next year while having the opportunities not to be thrown I to the fire. We had to do something as it was bad the number of 20 plus yard plays we were allowing in the air, 36 total in 10 games.....

Chiefs have allowed 36 passes of 20 yards or more. Only four teams have yielded more.

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/23270/chiefs-cant-lose-with-darrelle-revis-signing

All-22 breakdown of Revis from last season. Good read. In short he's clearly not nearly the same athlete he was in his prime but showed up as a savvy player who doesn't bite on double moves, is sgood at reading QBs and especially solid in zone. His fail rate was about 16 percent compared to over 30 percent from same criteria for Acker and Mitchell. Author acknowledged as we all should that if he's slowed anymore than film showed it probably will be ugly. But if he has same speed as last year he's a clear upgrade. Interesting.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/11/23/16693394/darrelle-revis-film-review-he-could-help

Thank you for posting this. Good read. It shall be interesting to see how this plays out.

There are now people around who just want to complain. If you want to gripe about this kind of a deal.  only thing that really surprises me, is they didnt do it earlier. Like around when berry went down. this is gonna cost the chiefs something like 250k  if things go really well, maybe 1 million..

its help in an area of need..

if you want to complain about backend roster changes, and turnover.... blah....

Unfortunately they are ones that came over from the scout site. And they were the ones tearing that site down and running off good posters. They have brought their whiny self entitled attitudes here. They can't control their emotions.

I disagree. It's sad that people can't handle "hot takes" and only focus on the posters that utilize them.

Everyone processes and reacts to information differently. Let them be them and you be you. **None of this is directed at you personally reesebobby.**

Just ignore the posts you "are tired of/think are negative" and disagree with. Or here's a novel idea, attempt to debate it w/o getting personal/sarcastic. If you can't, ignore it.

I enjoy the diversity as long as it's about football. When certain folks make it personal is when things go awry.

I disagree. It's sad that people can't handle "hot takes" and only focus on the posters that utilize them.

Everyone processes and reacts to information differently. Let them be them and you be you. **None of this is directed at you personally reesebobby.**

Just ignore the posts you "are tired of/think are negative" and disagree with. Or here's a novel idea, attempt to debate it w/o getting personal/sarcastic. If you can't, ignore it.

I enjoy the diversity as long as it's about football. When certain folks make it personal is when things go awry.

Diversity is definitely fine.

Constant whining is different

Just like you said. People handle things differently. You ignore it. Other call it out.

Enjoy the diversity or ignore it like you do, right?

Incessant Whining = Annoying

Making things personal = just plain wrong.

I see a Moral difference there.

Incessant Whining = Annoying

Making things personal = just plain wrong.

I see a Moral difference there.

Funny how you lecture one how to react here. I don't know who made you the morale police here. But you should start living your own creed. And not just telling others

Funny how you lecture one how to react here. I don't know who made you the morale police here. But you should start living your own creed. And not just telling others

Pretty sure I haven't made anything personal. I'm sorry you've taken it that way.

Not sarcasm

Pretty sure I haven't made anything personal. I'm sorry you've taken it that way.

Not sarcasm

Pretty sure you are trying to tell me what to do because you disagree. Ignore me. Just like you said. But again you only tell others to do it. But it doesn't apply to you

I'd like to see us cut Gaines and bring in Jalen Collins still. He cleared waivers.

If he struggles as a corner he had safety experience in Atlanta too. And he could be a replacement for Parker. Either way a locker room with Revis might be good for him.

It's funny how many are writing him off after he had ONE bad year, and now he's washed up. Revis will be fine.

I have not agreed with you on a topic in years. This I agree.

He isn't going to resemble Revis Island but we don't need Revis Island. We just need an upgrade, and from everything I've read is that his contract is not guaranteed for 2017 or 2018. Its a pay as you go deal.

Archived