KC signs Darelle Revis

I'd like to see us cut Gaines and bring in Jalen Collins still. He cleared waivers.

If he struggles as a corner he had safety experience in Atlanta too. And he could be a replacement for Parker. Either way a locker room with Revis might be good for him.

Worth a shot. Gaines looked so promising but couldn't stay healthy. Now he is healthy and looks like ass.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I'm totally getting it. Let's look at Dale Carter next. If he can just be slightly worse than average, what an upgrade.

Actually you're not getting it. You think he sucks yet he ended last year with very average rankings... versus our guys who are ranked near the bottom.

I'm not sure i get your objection to this. Are you under the impression this will hurt us? Because that makes no sense.

And the bit about cap carryover is beyond crazy to me considering the numbers involved.

Actually you're not getting it. You think he sucks yet he ended last year with very average rankings... versus our guys who are ranked near the bottom.

I'm not sure i get your objection to this. Are you under the impression this will hurt us? Because that makes no sense.

And the bit about cap carryover is beyond crazy to me considering the numbers involved.

You aren't changing his mind. Once he has convinced himself of something it's not changing. His intelligence is surpassed by his stubbornness.

I’m indifferent on this move but I have to ask. In a pass happy league, if Revis still had it, then how did he still not have a job the week of thanksgiving? It’s not a bad wildcard, but I also think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations of him due to what he was five years ago

All-22 breakdown of Revis from last season. Good read. In short he's clearly not nearly the same athlete he was in his prime but showed up as a savvy player who doesn't bite on double moves, is sgood at reading QBs and especially solid in zone. His fail rate was about 16 percent compared to over 30 percent from same criteria for Acker and Mitchell. Author acknowledged as we all should that if he's slowed anymore than film showed it probably will be ugly. But if he has same speed as last year he's a clear upgrade. Interesting.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/11/23/16693394/darrelle-revis-film-review-he-could-help

Thank you for posting this. Good read. It shall be interesting to see how this plays out.

I agree, that was a very nice breakdown. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it indeed will be interesting to see how this plays out, 

I’m indifferent on this move but I have to ask. In a pass happy league, if Revis still had it, then how did he still not have a job the week of thanksgiving? It’s not a bad wildcard, but I also think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations of him due to what he was five years ago

Getting rested n right.. He had no need to sign till he liked the situation n felt good.. the jets are still paying him 6mil this year.. multiple team's including the chiefs were trying to sign him since before the season started.

My meds are fine, thanks. Jets are thrilled Revis found a sucker to lighten their load that they are paying the washed up stiff a little bit. There's always some sucker team that signs a washed up name, wishing and hoping he regains long lost glory. Today, we be that sucker.

The Chiefs are paying Revis the veteran minimum, so nothing. It's not in any way hurting the Chiefs cap situation. The roll over from Revis's contract is also less than $1 million, so it's an incredibly small savings if any at all.

It's filled with incentives and the $10 million in 2018 only comes if we don't cut him before March. If Revis is on this team next year, it's because he was the old Revis for the next 6 weeks.

Idk why you're so opposed to this. Yeah he's old, but look at he roster.

Terrance Mitchell was giving up the most yards of ANY CB in football the week he got benched. It's so bad that he is still 6th in that category after not playing for 3 games.

Phillip Gaines was ranked as the WORST CB on PFF as of last week.

This move had to happen and there is literally nothing about this move that is hurting the Chiefs in any way.

What a thread lol

I love the signing! For me I look at it as more of a motivation for other players. If you can not get it done YOUR done and replaced.

Probably one of the worst things that could of happened to this team was beating the Pats. The snowball of cockiness started that day and just got to big against the Steelers and completely blew up the following week vs the Raiders.

Revis is cheap and we have everything to gain by his play and motivation for others!

BTW don’t worry about Blue.....he did the same thing when Cassel got replaced.

well we knew he was out for the year so no it doesn't..now if the Chiefs take a Safety with an early round pick you might have a point.

This has nothing to do with Berrys future because it's really a 6 game contract. And Berry is expected back by OTAs.

But Berrys ability to clean up mistakes in the secondary missing from this team has further exposed poor cornerback play. And made this somewhat panic move worth trying. Just my opinion.

Yes, I don't quite understands Blue's reluctance either....

Look, I'm pretty sure KC worked him out, and they must've saw something right?

Something better than Gaines, Mitchell and Acker right? Why else would they sign him, if they hadn't?

I like the move. Its a desperate move yes, but I think the chiefs feel like the window is wide open now, and they gotta do something to stop the leakage.

I'm also pretty sure Revis knows what he's getting himself into. He will be thrown at ALL THE TIME....Just like last year when he was the #1 CB on the Jets.

Let's just hope he has about 9 games of 80% Revis Island left.

I haven't read through the thread yet and so this might be addressed already, but for those who don't like the move, what kind of results either from Revis or the defense indirectly from his addition would be satisfactory say that it was a good move? How about an "ehh move" as opposed to a bad move? And if he does well from the getgo but defenses adjust, whatever numbers he produces will go down but the defense may improve but we are playing worse teams. I know that the player he replaces is addition by subtraction but how do we know if Revis adds?

I love the signing.. I think blues issues with the signing are two fold, he wants as much money rolled over to next year as he doesn't view this years team as a true competitor for the lombardi, the second reason I've gathered is he views last year's revis n likes Mitchell better. I've read his posts for years n can say that although I don't always agree, he almost always has valid concerns..

This thread is a shitshow. Revis will either help us or he won’t. If he doesn’t we’ll be in the same bad spot as before.

BINGO!

I am not naive as to expect "Revis Island" lockdown results, but do have a feeling this signing could prove significant down the stretch. I don't like the move, I love it.

There's literally no downside. So I'm not sure what the complaining is about. If next season's success or failure comes down to less than a million in rollover cap we're fucked.

Heck it's only a little over 300,000. There's zero downside. If he sucks, we weren't any worse off and at least we can pick his brain on next weeks opponent. A month from now if he's out there beating out Gaines or Acker then it's a nice dirt cheap upgrade.

Archived