KC signs Darelle Revis

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL the butthurt here is just hilarious man!!!..keep sniffling bro!!!..it's actually quite funny to see now :D

Yeah, quite funny.   As funny as you suckers thing Revis would play this week.  Mitchell is finally playing and balling out.  Not that it matters when Alex is being Alex.  

I love the signing.. I think blues issues with the signing are two fold, he wants as much money rolled over to next year as he doesn't view this years team as a true competitor for the lombardi, the second reason I've gathered is he views last year's revis n likes Mitchell better. I've read his posts for years n can say that although I don't always agree, he almost always has valid concerns..

Thank you sir.  You nailed it exactly.  

I disagree. It's sad that people can't handle "hot takes" and only focus on the posters that utilize them.

Everyone processes and reacts to information differently. Let them be them and you be you. **None of this is directed at you personally reesebobby.**

Just ignore the posts you "are tired of/think are negative" and disagree with. Or here's a novel idea, attempt to debate it w/o getting personal/sarcastic. If you can't, ignore it.

I enjoy the diversity as long as it's about football. When certain folks make it personal is when things go awry.

Exactly, and the poster in post #109 is the prime culprit of this, both here and elsewhere.  He's been warned and banned before, but unfortunately not perma banned.   He's the worst kind of poster for a site.  He can't debate rationally, so he gets personal.   

I doubt Revis starts right away. He'll get some snaps and whomever plays better will start going forward. Mitchell was pretty good against the Bills but Chiefs cannot go ahead with Gaines as the 3rd outside CB option.

I didn't see Gaines, or Acker, playing any D today.  Maybe I missed them on the field?  But the pass D, actually the overall D, was noticeably better today with Mitchell. 

I didn't see Gaines, or Acker, playing any D today.  Maybe I missed them on the field?  But the pass D, actually the overall D, was noticeably better today with Mitchell. 

I don't think Chiefs rotated anyone outside, at least I haven't noticed it. Even though it's not sustainable it was great not seeing either Acker or Gaines on the field. I still cannot understand how we are not able to find any CBs better than these two to take the roster spots.

Yeah, quite funny.   As funny as you suckers thing Revis would play this week.  Mitchell is finally playing and balling out.  Not that it matters when Alex is being Alex.  

Yes, let's forget the million times he's been torched this season just because he had one decent game against a side who have no quality Wr's or a big arm QB!!!!...don't drop that tissue box bro!!..it's clearly still needed.  :D .

Yes, let's forget the million times he's been torched this season just because he had one decent game against a side who have no quality Wr's or a big arm QB!!!!...don't drop that tissue box bro!!..it's clearly still needed.  :D .

Bro, you supported wasting money on a totally done stiff, for a team that has no chance to win a championship this year, not me.   When this team can be a championship contender, hopefully next year, the stiff should be long gone, and Mitchell should still be part of the team, as a #3 CB.   Unless he's benched and then cut to justify the stupid signing.  

Bro, you supported wasting money on a totally done stiff, for a team that has no chance to win a championship this year, not me.   When this team can be a championship contender, hopefully next year, the stiff should be long gone, and Mitchell should still be part of the team, as a #3 CB.   Unless he's benched and then cut to justify the stupid signing.  

Why don't you wait until the man plays first before crying some more? Because you're gonna look like a damn fool if Revis plays well man :D

Why don't you wait until the man plays first before crying some more? Because you're gonna look like a damn fool if Revis plays well man :D

Not in the slightest.  Because we ain't winning anything with Revis, even if he miraculously becomes 60% of what he used to be for a few games. 

And I saw him play all last year.  Mitchell is a far better player than current Revis, and has a chance to be here when we can win, if Veach is smart.   Revis can't.   

I'll be glad to eat crow, just as I would have been if we ever could win with Alex.   But I rarely have to eat crow when I speak out and "cry" about garbage players.  

Actually you're not getting it. You think he sucks yet he ended last year with very average rankings... versus our guys who are ranked near the bottom.

I'm not sure i get your objection to this. Are you under the impression this will hurt us? Because that makes no sense.

And the bit about cap carryover is beyond crazy to me considering the numbers involved.

Dude, giving up a +104 passing rating isn't very average.  It's garbage.  It'll hurt us if they bench Mitchell for him.   Mitchell needs to play more and keep developing, to see if he can be a player for us for the next few years when we're ready to win.  Whatever money wasted on signing Revis this year is less money for next year.   

Yes, I don't quite understands Blue's reluctance either....

Look, I'm pretty sure KC worked him out, and they must've saw something right?

Something better than Gaines, Mitchell and Acker right? Why else would they sign him, if they hadn't?

I like the move. Its a desperate move yes, but I think the chiefs feel like the window is wide open now, and they gotta do something to stop the leakage.

I'm also pretty sure Revis knows what he's getting himself into. He will be thrown at ALL THE TIME....Just like last year when he was the #1 CB on the Jets.

Let's just hope he has about 9 games of 80% Revis Island left.

Hard to be much clear than I have been.   :D

Not in the slightest.  Because we ain't winning anything with Revis, even if he miraculously becomes 60% of what he used to be for a few games. 

And I saw him play all last year.  Mitchell is a far better player than current Revis, and has a chance to be here when we can win, if Veach is smart.   Revis can't.   

I'll be glad to eat crow, just as I would have been if we ever could win with Alex.   But I rarely have to eat crow when I speak out and "cry" about garbage players.  

Bro, this convo is tedious as hell now. REVIS IS A CHIEF!!, he's here, and he's gonna play, fullstop. And guess what? It ain't costing us nothing at all. If Revis doesn't perform to the level expected then you know what will happen? He will be benched just like Mitchell was!!..so chill out. The world isn't falling in just because we signed Revis..it's falling in because we have a crap QB and a head coach who is getting in his own way. 

Mitchell looked good yesterday because he wasn't constantly going against a top tier WR.

Benjamin was hurt and didn't play, or Mitchell would've struggled. I guarantee it.

So let's not get too high on Mitchell yet. I am a Mitchell supporter, but I'm not going to "crown him" just yet.

Mitchell looked good yesterday because he wasn't constantly going against a top tier WR.

Benjamin was hurt and didn't play, or Mitchell would've struggled. I guarantee it.

So let's not get too high on Mitchell yet. I am a Mitchell supporter, but I'm not going to "crown him" just yet.

And he was playing against Tyrod Taylor who last week was benched for Peterman.

I really don't see him being that great either. He was pretty awful last year. Maybe the added rest helped. It still doesn't fix the elephant in the room, but it probably won't hurt the defense in the grand scheme. 

• 2 weeks later...

Played 56 snaps

I didn’t hear his name or see Darrelle Revis very often against the Oakland Raiders which is a good sign. We’ve been hearing too much about that side of the secondary lately but Revis did a nice job quieting things down.

The #Raiders threw seven times into D Revis' coverage today and completed one of them for eight yards. Revis had one pass breakup #ChiefsKingdom

•  
  •  

Derek Carr was bad so that certainly helped. There was one long pass play where Revis was beat if Carr threw a good pass but overall a good second game for him. His first game back last week he looked rusty with a couple of glaring missed tackles but this game seemed better (I say “seemed” because I haven’t re-watched the game yet).

Archived