KC signs Darelle Revis

I really don't see him being that great either. He was pretty awful last year. Maybe the added rest helped. It still doesn't fix the elephant in the room, but it probably won't hurt the defense in the grand scheme. 

Played 56 snaps

I didn’t hear his name or see Darrelle Revis very often against the Oakland Raiders which is a good sign. We’ve been hearing too much about that side of the secondary lately but Revis did a nice job quieting things down.

The #Raiders threw seven times into D Revis' coverage today and completed one of them for eight yards. Revis had one pass breakup #ChiefsKingdom

•  

•  

Derek Carr was bad so that certainly helped. There was one long pass play where Revis was beat if Carr threw a good pass but overall a good second game for him. His first game back last week he looked rusty with a couple of glaring missed tackles but this game seemed better (I say “seemed” because I haven’t re-watched the game yet).

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, giving up a +104 passing rating isn't very average.  It's garbage.  It'll hurt us if they bench Mitchell for him.   Mitchell needs to play more and keep developing, to see if he can be a player for us for the next few years when we're ready to win.  Whatever money wasted on signing Revis this year is less money for next year.   

Played 56 snaps

I didn’t hear his name or see Darrelle Revis very often against the Oakland Raiders which is a good sign. We’ve been hearing too much about that side of the secondary lately but Revis did a nice job quieting things down.

The #Raiders threw seven times into D Revis' coverage today and completed one of them for eight yards. Revis had one pass breakup #ChiefsKingdom

•  

•  

Derek Carr was bad so that certainly helped. There was one long pass play where Revis was beat if Carr threw a good pass but overall a good second game for him. His first game back last week he looked rusty with a couple of glaring missed tackles but this game seemed better (I say “seemed” because I haven’t re-watched the game yet).

I find it telling that kc had been in contact with revis going back to the offseason but revis felt he wasn't ready til recently. That says to me this wasn't a knee jerk signing.

And I’m sure revis was embarassed with his poor play last year. I’m sure he was training and self evaluating.

Archived