Chargers vs. Cowboys

This is indirectly related to the Chiefs, but I'm impressed how the Bolts are playing the Cowboys. I don't understand why the Chiefs couldn't put together a better game-plan against them. Is Elliot not playing making that much of a difference?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Elliot and Sean Lee. The two Catalysts of the Dallas Cowboys.

Elliot missing shows what a direct correlation the run game has to QB effectiveness.

Similar to our Chiefs this year. A successful Hunt aids Alex Smith and vice-versa of course.

Crazy thing is that only one team has ever made the playoffs after starting 0-4; you guessed it, the Chargers in 1992. They will win the AFC West if the Chiefs don’t get it together.

Rivers chokes when the games really count. Puts up lots of his big numbers in garbage time. He is a turnover machine when it matters.

A defense that does its job. Imagine that.

Weve had that here a lot in the Reid era. Heck got it last week and still lost. That's our overall problem right now. Nobody on either side of the.ball is stepping up and making that critical play. And our QB is struggling. That. formula equals losing.

The cowgirls have been absolutely humiliated today. Oh how unlucky were we to play them at full-strength? Just typical. Now the Chargers are closing the gap on us in a big way. I'm glad they are because there's nowhere for the guys to hide now...we've got to start winning games now...AND FAST.

And yet we played a Giants team totally decimated by injuries and still lost. Don't lose sleep wondering what might have been if we had faced Dallas without Elliott. Chances are we still lose that game.

Our defense has done its job plenty. What happened in New York? You constantly pick and choose. It never ends.

Please don't represent their performance against the Giants as the norm. Wasn't that like the second good game they've had all year? Smith alone has had three times as many good games as the defense has put together.

Right now, the Redskins are holding the Giants to three points on offense over their first eleven possessions, and they've also managed four sacks and a game-ending forced fumble. The Chiefs aren't even managing league average by opponent. Who is picking and choosing now?

Please don't represent their performance against the Giants as the norm. Wasn't that like the second good game they've had all year? Smith alone has had three times as many good games as the defense has put together.

Right now, the Redskins are holding the Giants to three points on offense over their first eleven possessions, and they've also managed four sacks and a game-ending forced fumble. The Chiefs aren't even managing league average by opponent. Who is picking and choosing now?

Kirk Cousins made critical throws down the stretch and led his team to the win despite having 15 players on IR. That's what we should expect from Alex and he didn't deliver. No excuse for playing that poorly.

Kirk Cousins made critical throws down the stretch and led his team to the win despite having 15 players on IR. That's what we should expect from Alex and he didn't deliver. No excuse for playing that poorly.

I wasn't arguing for Smith. I was simply saying that the Chiefs' defense was hardly worth a bag of potato chips. However, the Redskins' defense didn't hurt Cousins by working hard to win the field position battle for him. Eli Manning managed 86 net passing yards, and the offense managed 170 offensive yards.

But if you must, go on comparing a good game for Cousins to Smith's worst game of the year, and go on pretending that the Chiefs' defensive effort last weekend was representative of what they've done throughout the year.

Whole. Team. Effort. That's all I ask. It's not like anyone can point to any game other than the one against the Giants and say, Smith is holding this team back. It's been the other way around.

And yet we played a Giants team totally decimated by injuries and still lost. Don't lose sleep wondering what might have been if we had faced Dallas without Elliott. Chances are we still lose that game.

We had injuries aswell though. People seem to forget that Berry, Ford, Wilson, Hali. Bailey, Conley etc were missing against NY and most of them were out vs Dallas too.

I wasn't arguing for Smith. I was simply saying that the Chiefs' defense was hardly worth a bag of potato chips. However, the Redskins' defense didn't hurt Cousins by working hard to win the field position battle for him. Eli Manning managed 86 net passing yards, and the offense managed 170 offensive yards.

But if you must, go on comparing a good game for Cousins to Smith's worst game of the year, and go on pretending that the Chiefs' defensive effort last weekend was representative of what they've done throughout the year.

Whole. Team. Effort. That's all I ask. It's not like anyone can point to any game other than the one against the Giants and say, Smith is holding this team back. It's been the other way around.

Alex has been a consistently solid/mediocre QB since he got to KC that has largely been carried by defense and special teams. He's largely been good at being a role player in an overall total team effort. A 17 million dollar role player however is not getting the CAP value we need to justify losing players to pay him.

Now that he has been forced to play a bigger role in winning games because the defense has become as mediocre as him, his own mediocrity has been further exposed. The defense raised his play (just as it did in SF) but he hasn't been able to raise theirs.

He's just not good enough to be a consistently productive passer you need in this league minus an elite defense to win a Super Bowl. That loss and horrific effort by him last week, when we needed him to step up most was just more obvious proof. Again this organization acknowledged the obvious last April and I'm proud of them for that. I like Alex. Of course he isn't to blame for all of our issues. Thsts burying your head in the sand as much as not acknowledging we can do better at his position as well.

We had injuries aswell though. People seem to forget that Berry, Ford, Wilson, Hali. Bailey, Conley etc were missing against NY and most of them were out vs Dallas too.

So then I suppose we should be a bottom feeding miserable failure like the Giants. Chiefs have their entire starting Oline...and frankly #14 gives the Chiefs pretty much what Conley did. Giants lost their entire WR corps Not buying the comparison. Ford? One trick pony. Hali was done before the season started.

So then I suppose we should be a bottom feeding miserable failure like the Giants. Chiefs have their entire starting Oline...and frankly #14 gives the Chiefs pretty much what Conley did. Giants lost their entire WR corps Not buying the comparison. Ford? One trick pony. Hali was done before the season started.

You've hit on true core of our issues this year. 4 LBs combined to take 40 million dollar cap hit and only one of those guys has produced anything more than backup role player production. It's also reason we had to release Maclin I think Clark Hunt saw this cliff coming before we did and that's why Dorsey is gone. I was furious at the time but now it's making some real sense.

IE...this teams identity in the Reid era has been largely tied to ball hawking defense and complimentary ball control offense. CAP mismanagement and keeping some vets too long has left us with no real identity this season. We need a QB who's a career 6-7 to play at a 9.

No but people love to harp on about NY having injuries but the fact is SO DO WE...you can downplay the importance of some individuals but most of them are starters. And to add to that we've lost LDT, Morse and Wilson for a lot of games, whilst Ehinger hasn't come back yet either. You can't feel sorry for NY and then turn around and belittle our own injury situation. It doesn't work like that.

Archived