Game Day Thread & Predictions

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think we can pin this one on the D. They did their job. Oline is where he are falling apart. Smith was bad and Hunt was bad. But Brady and Bell won’t turn this group into a contender. The Oline has to step up. If they don’t, nothing else matters.

I don’t think we can pin this one on the D. They did their job. Oline is where he are falling apart. Smith was bad and Hunt was bad. But Brady and Bell won’t turn this group into a contender. The Oline has to step up. If they don’t, nothing else matters.

An O line always looks better when a team has to fear a QB.    It's not the line.   Teams are daring Alex to beat them, and he can't.  

Alex has a ceiling which is where he played the first part of the season. He is now playing at the floor of his ability. Is this horrid team all Smith's fault? No...but the QB touches the ball on every offensive snap and has to take responsibility for getting it into a rhythm. Alex threw a lot of bad passes today. Oline does not look good and deserves more criticism than what it has gotten so far.

Our tackles need improvement... the interior seems to have held their own so far, but the outside has been where the pocket collapses

there were an awful lot of plays where if they gave smith another second he could have found a receiver

the receivers have to get separation too... whenever the oline gave smith time, seems like lots of times there wasn't anyone open

We can’t run because teams are flooding the box since we can’t pass well enough to force them back. Happy feet makes the pass pro look worse than it really is. The line play could be better, but it’s not the problem with the offense.

EXACTLY.    Pass pro is good.   Run blocking sucks because no one fears Alex beating them with his arm.    

Then you missed my point. They may have cost the franchise QB his career. They should have given him an Oline.

If Luck had Alex's line the last few years, he might have won multiple Super Bowls.   Our line has been a good Pass pro line for years.   Alex has always made his OL look so much worse then it is in pass pro.  

I wouldn't waste your time

I don't plan on it. It's gotten to the point where I will probably just watch when they win, to get some semblance of enjoyment out of this season. The problem is I don't know when that will be. So much for "we got an easy schedule the rest of the way" it doesn't matter.

If Luck had Alex's line the last few years, he might have won multiple Super Bowls. Our line has been a good Pass pro line for years. Alex has always made his OL look so much worse then it is in pass pro.

They have been bad for years. Even before Alex got here.

Archived