Game Day Thread & Predictions

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Luck or Brady would do behind them is irrelevant to whether they are bad or not. Even a thumper like Ware couldn’t pound out a yard when they knew we were running.

No it's not.   When a D has zero respect for a QB hurting them, it makes it hard to do everything.  Our lines have always been better at pass pro then run blocking.   I'd agree with that.   Except Albert, who was a great run blocker.  He'd seal the edge, and give Jamaal an easy outside lane.  

Our QB didn’t rush for 500 yards one year because of superior pass protection. I seems like a RB fails because of blocking. A QB doesn’t. In fact, the RB fails because of the QB.

That just seems like a stretch to me. Lots of teams have great running games and mediocre QBs. Jax, Vikes are great examples. Smith is not the reason we can’t run. I get that people tend to crowd the box more, but they do they put 8 in the box more against us than Jax or Vikes? I don’t know. I just know what I see. Oline getting blown up.

Our QB didn’t rush for 500 yards one year because of superior pass protection. I seems like a RB fails because of blocking. A QB doesn’t. In fact, the RB fails because of the QB.

That just seems like a stretch to me. Lots of teams have great running games and mediocre QBs. Jax, Vikes are great examples. Smith is not the reason we can’t run. I get that people tend to crowd the box more, but they do they put 8 in the box more against us than Jax or Vikes? I don’t know. I just know what I see. Oline getting blown up.

The end result may be the OL getting blown up.   But what is the cause?   Morse, LDT, Fisher, and Schwartz have all been effective, sometimes very effective  linemen at various times, and they're all relatively young.   Did they suddenly lose their ability?   And why isn't Ehringer playing?   The one thing he did well last year was run block.  

I don’t know the answer to that. The D also. They were the strength of the team last year. There is no reason Schwartz has struggles so bad. Fisher has been OK. I don’t know why. Last year we thought Ware was a problem down the stretch, but that guy is a legit back. No doubt Hunt is legit. I don’t get it.

Right now teams are sitting in a cover 2. So they can sit heavy on our run and PA pass game. There are no lanes to throw or run under 10 yards. Alex can not figure out the cover. He will not consistently make the throws (deep middle, deep sideline) to beat it either

Pittsburgh showed this and everyone else is copying it

The end result may be the OL getting blown up.   But what is the cause?   Morse, LDT, Fisher, and Schwartz have all been effective, sometimes very effective  linemen at various times, and they're all relatively young.   Did they suddenly lose their ability?   And why isn't Ehringer playing?   The one thing he did well last year was run block.

O line coach? Chung left to Philly with Pederson. And their line is looking good

I don’t know the answer to that. The D also. They were the strength of the team last year. There is no reason Schwartz has struggles so bad. Fisher has been OK. I don’t know why. Last year we thought Ware was a problem down the stretch, but that guy is a legit back. No doubt Hunt is legit. I don’t get it.

No one really does, but to me, the common denominator has always been the QB.   It makes more sense than young, talented OL players, suddenly regressing all at once.  

Right now teams are sitting in a cover 2. So they can sit heavy on our run and PA pass game. There are no lanes to throw or run under 10 yards. Alex can not figure out the cover. He will not consistently make the throws (deep middle, deep sideline) to beat it either

Pittsburgh showed this and everyone else is copying it

I agree with what your saying. I just don’t want to boiler our problems down to one player and when his replacement comes in say that guy sucks too.

Jacksonville is leading the league in rushing and it’s not because everyone is afraid of Blake Bortles. That’s all I am saying. We got things to fix.

I agree with what your saying. I just don’t want to boiler our problems down to one player and when his replacement comes in say that guy sucks too.

Jacksonville is leading the league in rushing and it’s not because everyone is afraid of Blake Bortles. That’s all I am saying. We got things to fix.

Bortles does have an arm that you have to respect deep.   Not saying he's a good QB by any means.  If Jax had a good one, they'd be the best team in the NFL.   But you do have to respect his deep arm, and his sideline arm, and can't crowd the box as much as teams do against Alex.  

If Luck had Alex's line the last few years, he might have won multiple Super Bowls.   Our line has been a good Pass pro line for years.   Alex has always made his OL look so much worse then it is in pass pro.  

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Watch when 4 of these 5 starters are an effective line for Mahomes the next couple of years.  Then we'll see who's laughing.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

of course I hope mahomes does well... obviously... but this OL is not elite

nor is the playcalling

of course I hope mahomes does well... obviously... but this OL is not elite

nor is the playcalling

No OL in the NFL is currently elite.  Even Dallas's is fragile.  One guy goes down, they get abused.  Most are average, or below.   Ours is in the average group, which is easily good enough to win and win big with.   With the right QB.   Suddenly the play calling will improve also.  A great QB is a great deodorant.  For lots of things.   Better than Right Guard, or a Right Guard.  :lol:  

No OL in the NFL is currently elite. Even Dallas's is fragile. One guy goes down, they get abused. Most are average, or below. Ours is in the average group, which is easily good enough to win and win big with. With the right QB. Suddenly the play calling will improve also. A great QB is a great deodorant. For lots of things. Better than Right Guard, or a Right Guard. :lol:

9 or 10 guys in the box really? And we can't make Buffalo pay. Not 1...not 1 deep throw to Tyreek Hill probably the fastest guy in NFL history. Unbelievable - teams are saying screw it. Kareem Hunt you're not going to get going. Alex, beat us on 2nd , 3rd and long. Guy can't do it. It's a vicious cycle folks can't you see it. Our offense is predictable bc Smith can't keep a defense at bay. Nobody is afraid of him. This O-line has no confidence bc of it. They feel worthless.

9 or 10 guys in the box really? And we can't make Buffalo pay. Not 1...not 1 deep throw to Tyreek Hill probably the fastest guy in NFL history. Unbelievable - teams are saying screw it. Kareem Hunt you're not going to get going. Alex, beat us on 2nd , 3rd and long. Guy can't do it. It's a vicious cycle folks can't you see it. Our offense is predictable bc Smith can't keep a defense at bay. Nobody is afraid of him. This O-line has no confidence bc of it. They feel worthless.

Only 2 or 3 in the world can’t see it.

We all see it.

Marvelous post.   Everything flows from the QB.  

No OL in the NFL is currently elite.  Even Dallas's is fragile.  One guy goes down, they get abused.  Most are average, or below.   Ours is in the average group, which is easily good enough to win and win big with.   With the right QB.   Suddenly the play calling will improve also.  A great QB is a great deodorant.  For lots of things.   Better than Right Guard, or a Right Guard.  :lol:  

pitt and NE are elite

there's two ways to rank an OL... some are elite in pass pro, some are elite in run blocking, some are elite in both

to have a chance to make a run you have to be doing at least one well... either pass pro or power run blocking... preferably both

the Chiefs are below average in both

whereas pitt, NE and the rams are doing both at an elite level

Archived