Chiefs won’t bench Smith

And they won’t because doing so would sabotage their ability to get picks for him by trading him in the offseason. In this sense, it’s all political, per se, but it makes perfect sense. Why would a team trade valuable draft picks for a guy they knew was going to be released?

Not sure his performance is helping. Fake an injury and bench him.

Andy Reid might be too stubborn to make a change. He wants to prove to everyone that he can win with Alex throwing screens all day because he is that much of a Jackass and thinks everyone looks at him like he is a genious.

This is also likely true. Andy has endorsed Alex Smith repeatedly for years now. Acknowledging he was wrong would undoubtedly be a big blow to his inflated ego.

And they won’t because doing so would sabotage their ability to get picks for him by trading him in the offseason. In this sense, it’s all political, per se, but it makes perfect sense. Why would a team trade valuable draft picks for a guy they knew was going to be released?

I don’t think these games are helping his value. His value would be higher if we benched him 3 games ago.

I think they probably would not throw the rookie in when every D and O is under achieving. Especially Oline. They might put him in if we start blocking better.

I don’t think these games are helping his value. His value would be higher if we benched him 3 games ago.

I think they probably would not throw the rookie in when every D and O is under achieving. Especially Oline. They might put him in if we start blocking better.

I have watched Rogers run for his life with poor oline play in GB. Put Mahomes in. NO downside.

Reid has an excuse now. This team is on a complete downward slide. He has to do something and the only thing left is a QB switch. He has had more than enough time to game plan, etc. He needs to start mahomes to first get a spark and second to see what they have in him. I have been a smith and Reid supporter but this is getting old and the locker room is getting ready to explode. He better watch out.

his Presser was 5 minutes long and he was on the verge of getting snippy. Reid is on the verge I believe of a meltdown

Guy needs to meltdown on our crappy players who are more worried about choreogpahed celebrations when losing than playing to win. Literally every player’s job should be in jeopardy. If the Chiefs finish 6-10, Andy should be flat out fired.

Guy needs to meltdown on our crappy players who are more worried about choreogpahed celebrations when losing than playing to win. Literally every player’s job should be in jeopardy. If the Chiefs finish 6-10, Andy should be flat out fired.

That was a ridiculous spectacle by a team that has no business doing it.

If we crawl into the playoffs I can't see us beating anyone. We can't score a TD against the Giants who were excruciatingly horrible til they met up with the Chiefs. No need to worry about playoffs vs. No playoffs. Let Mahomes get in some valuable game experience to help launch his start next year.

I have watched Rogers run for his life with poor oline play in GB. Put Mahomes in. NO downside.

Just 1. Knee surgery. Then where are you. You can’t keep Alex. You can’t afford a FA. You go into next year with no one. Not saying it is the gutsy call, but it makes some sense from a winning franchise that could make a serious run next year.

Just 1. Knee surgery. Then where are you. You can’t keep Alex. You can’t afford a FA. You go into next year with no one. Not saying it is the gutsy call, but it makes some sense from a winning franchise that could make a serious run next year.

Could get hurt tomorrow in practice. Could fall off his bike. Put him in. Chiefs window has closed. Look to 2019 and let Mahomes start learning now and next year.

Could get hurt tomorrow in practice. Could fall off his bike. Put him in. Chiefs window has closed. Look to 2019 and let Mahomes start learning now and next year.

I think I might do that. It would be selective depending on the other teams pass rush. He is going through some serious fans booing, locker room depression, coaching frustration and none of it is because of him. I think that is good for him. Walking off the field on forth downs with boos raining down does not help his confidence. It is a tough time to pull that trigger.

I will respect if they do, but the book says bad decision. Buffalo tried it and quickly realized it was a mistake. Which is why we saw Taylor. Now their rookies only experience is with being booed and benched.

Archived