Andy Reid is bulletproof

No matter how poorly this team plays week to week, Andy Reid is bulletproof from any responsibility in all of it. Reid is held on a pedestal within this organization and it makes no sense. How many times does Andy Reid have to be out coached before there’s smoke?

I now understand what fans in Philadelphia had to deal with for far too long. Bet they really miss him now though.

True. We are not getting rid of Andy. I think that is a good thing. He fields a winning team. Every year. If a better option comes along, I am in. Until them, Andy v. Haly v. Herm v. Romeo v. Gun. I am good with Andy.

That never wins in the playoffs. He’s also still making the same mistakes he made a decade ago in Philly. It’s ridiculous. We’ll see if anything changes when Mahomes is here, and if it doesn’t he’ll hopefully be fired. Personally, I’d like to send Reid and Alex packing together. Hell, maybe we could even throw in Sutton.

I see the success younger coaches are having in this league right now and am envious of it. Doug Pederson and Sean McVeigh seem legit, and it’s exciting to have that in your organization. We’re stuck with Reid who got out coached again today by a younger guy.

That never wins in the playoffs. He’s also still making the same mistakes he made a decade ago in Philly. It’s ridiculous. We’ll see if anything changes when Mahomes is here, and if it doesn’t he’ll hopefully be fired. Personally, I’d like to send Reid and Alex packing together. Hell, maybe we could even throw in Sutton.

I see the success younger coaches are having in this league right now and am envious of it. Doug Pederson and Sean McVeigh seem legit, and it’s exciting to have that in your organization. We’re stuck with Reid who got out coached again today by a younger guy.

I understand everyone's frustration with Reid. I have to see him with Mahomes.

There's a good chance that Reid won't be fielding a winning team this year. Since Hunt already paid him the big money Reid will be given a Haley-like OC. Depending on how Veach works out in the short term he could be out of a job soon but hopefully he sticks. Reid shaped up the organization to feature only his guys but that won't last long, 

Meh. He's tied for 8th all time among head coaches in playoff wins. 10th all time in wins. Made 4 consecutive conference championships plus one more in 2008. 2nd among active coaches in wins after Belicheat. Yes he calls some maddening plays sometimes but he didn't forget how to coach. Alex and the offense are dragging the ship down. If players don't execute every playcall sucks.

Meh. He's tied for 8th all time among head coaches in playoff wins. 10th all time in wins. Made 4 consecutive conference championships plus one more in 2008. 2nd among active coaches in wins after Belicheat. Yes he calls some maddening plays sometimes but he didn't forget how to coach. Alex and the offense are dragging the ship down. If players don't execute every playcall sucks.

True, but he had Jim Johnson running his defenses then and plenty of good teams, yet still couldn’t win the SB.

I think Andy is losing his team though...

EVERYONE on the roster is suceptable to being benched when they don't play good........EXCEPT Smith!

The players see this, and they all watch film. They all know that AS11 has played like hot dookie since the oakland game...

Yet Andy keeps rolling AS11 onto the field every week. The players have to be getting fed up. Especially the Defense who struggled early, but has seemed to find some fire as of late.

EVERYONE on the roster is suceptable to being benched when they don't play good........EXCEPT Smith!

The players see this, and they all watch film. They all know that AS11 has played like hot dookie since the oakland game...

Yet Andy keeps rolling AS11 onto the field every week. The players have to be getting fed up. Especially the Defense who struggled early, but has seemed to find some fire as of late.

Hard to argue with this and I wish I knew how to rectify it. It's obvious that Reid wants to protect Mahomes as much as possible. How do you hold Smith accountable w/o benching him? The worst part is this is going on 4 years now and only now do we have legitimate potential waiting in the wings.

This season Alex literally plays lights-out for multiple and consecutive games for the first time in his career. Somehow, it dissapears dragging the entire team down with it. Alex Smith continues to give this team the *best* chance to rebound and win but how can you allow this type of play to go on unchecked?

I now dislike this year's team. I knew going into this season that, from the previous 4 years experience, mediocrity was inevitable. Then Smith has to come out of the gate in full MVP mode and ruin it. If it wasn't sustainable Alex, why tease us? And for those blaming the O-line, go rewatch the Eagles game. Alex was pressured constantly and continued to keep his focus downfield for the majority of that game. The Washington game was similar. It was simply a different Alex Smith and it opened up every phase of the offense. Damn you Alex Smith. ????

Exactly, Alex Smith is the main problem here, and Andy’s allegiance to him is sickening.

Exactly, Alex Smith is the main problem here, and Andy’s allegiance to him is sickening.

Is it really Andy's allegiance to smith?

Or, is Andy really protecting Mahomes because he's not ready?

I mean, they did sell out, and draft Mahomes, right?

Like I said in my earlier post, Reid is very experienced coach, that has coached a few good QB's. He knows what good to great QB play looks like. And I have to believe, that he has not liked what he's seen the last 5 wks. Yet, he still hasn't benched Smith.

I think the reason Smith is sill on the field for two reasons:

1. Politics - The need to keep his trade value up.

2. Mahomes - He may not be quite ready yet, and Andy wants to protect him. (Poor oline play, and still learning playbook)

Otherwise, I can't for the life of me, figure out why Smith is still lining up behind center.

It's so silly to suggest Andy is so beholden to Alex Smith when he could have just restructered his contract for 4 more seasons and skipped the heavy toll of trading up to get Mahomes. Andy went all in on the future when we took Mahomes II. And as many of us recognize had to make the 2017 sacrifice to make that deal happen. IE..this team could have been better, but he thought his best chance to win a Super Bowl was to make that trade. So the fact he's not willing to play the kid yet means absolutely nothing. The choice was made last April.

Lets get real here. We are 13-1 the last three seasons in this league and have now hit a rough patch largely because of one bad injury we had no depth, a LBer group that has is costing us a quarter of our entire salary cap this season and yet getting production from only one player and a QB that's been unbelievable inconsistent around a poorly thought our WR group that came into the season with almost zero experience. WHat we know for sure is the last time Andy went out and took a QB, he almost got hung by the Philly fans who demanded Ricky Williams. But Andy was confident in McNabb and was rewarded with 4 division titles, 3 NFC Title games and was 4 points from winning a Lombardi. It took Andy four years to finally find the guy he wanted in KC and he even has more raw talent than McNabb. I'm like most people waiting to make this chance because it will start the first era we have had here in three decades where we truly try to develop our own franchise guy. And who gets more of their QBs than Andy Reid? It's a short list.

Ive always thought after we made that trade and sacrificed in the short term that anything we get out of this season was a bonus. Playing Mahomes and winning would be a double bonus, but I'm fine if Andy doesn't want to make the move YET. The decision was made already, its just a matter of time.

It's so silly to suggest Andy is so beholden to Alex Smith when he could have just restructered his contract for 4 more seasons and skipped the heavy toll of trading up to get Mahomes. Andy went all in on the future when we took Mahomes II. And as many of us recognize had to make the 2017 sacrifice to make that deal happen. IE..this team could have been better, but he thought his best chance to win a Super Bowl was to make that trade. So the fact he's not willing to play the kid yet means absolutely nothing. The choice was made last April.

Lets get real here. We are 13-1 the last three seasons in this league and have now hit a rough patch largely because of one bad injury we had no depth, a LBer group that has is costing us a quarter of our entire salary cap this season and yet getting production from only one player and a QB that's been unbelievable inconsistent around a poorly thought our WR group that came into the season with almost zero experience. WHat we know for sure is the last time Andy went out and took a QB, he almost got hung by the Philly fans who demanded Ricky Williams. But Andy was confident in McNabb and was rewarded with 4 division titles, 3 NFC Title games and was 4 points from winning a Lombardi. It took Andy four years to finally find the guy he wanted in KC and he even has more raw talent than McNabb. I'm like most people waiting to make this chance because it will start the first era we have had here in three decades where we truly try to develop our own franchise guy. And who gets more of their QBs than Andy Reid? It's a short list.

Ive always thought after we made that trade and sacrificed in the short term that anything we get out of this season was a bonus. Playing Mahomes and winning would be a double bonus, but I'm fine if Andy doesn't want to make the most YET. The decision was made already, its just a matter of time.

Great post.

When Reid took over a 2-14 team the Chiefs didn’t have an answer for the QB position. Alex saved the day and started the season off 9-0 to give Reid a strong start to his career in KC. Reid owes Alex a final chance - and that chance is this year. Reid understands he’s limited which is why he’s taking Mahomes for the future, who is only limited by lack of experience. The arm and vision is there, something Alex lacks

When Reid took over a 2-14 team the Chiefs didn’t have an answer for the QB position. Alex saved the day and started the season off 9-0 to give Reid a strong start to his career in KC. Reid owes Alex a final chance - and that chance is this year. Reid understands he’s limited which is why he’s taking Mahomes for the future, who is only limited by lack of experience. The arm and vision is there, something Alex lacks

I think once Andy realized the 2013 draft class at QB was awful, he started piecing together what type of team he had and what the QB needed to do to win games here. He didn't need some dynamic elite passer if he played to the teams strength on defense. So Alex was a perfect complementary player and a good plan B to a true franchise guy. It worked too, just not in January because the defense and Jamaal Charles were never healthy. Now the defense has started to erode and we need a more dynamic QB. And a more dynamic QB can also likewise help us to not be as suscepible to injury or some roster issues elsewhere.

Heck we saw a glimpse of this when Alex played out of his ass the first 5 weeks. Andy is looking for a lot more of that which is why he drafted Mahomes. But can a rookie really give that to this team right now or are we better off trying to add a veteran corner, get Tamba 20 snaps a game and generally hope the defense can rebound enough to make us competitive under the style that worked the first four years. I think most of us doubt it will work, but its hard in the short term for blaming Andy for trying.  Plus there's the whole issue of trying to trade a QB that is struggling so much he had to be benched. Can Alex rebound and play well in any game is the question?

Archived