Realistically, how do you think Mahomes would do if he gets a chance?

I think, like most rookies, he'd have some tough moments out there, but the one thing that would be working in his favour is teams wouldn't know how to prep for him and would have to move away from the cover 2 stuff that has been killing Alex over the last month or so because Pat's arm is no joke. So that would change things straight away. So I think he'd have moments where he looks unsure and may throw the odd interception, but I also think he'd certainly be looking to go long down the field more often, would stay in the pocket way longer than Alex and also use his feet to make plays that Smith simply isn't capable of. He wouldn't be perfect, but I think he could at least win us three or four of the remaining games. 

If he plays I sure the hell am not expecting him to just win out and lead em to the superbowl.  But at this point, How can the offense get any worse?  Maybe a few more turnovers, but who cares if you are currently laying 3 and outs constantly, along with turning it over at a the worst time in the game.   At least the kid will be learning and moving for the next season.

It will be interesting as hell if they lose to the JETS.

KC can stay with Smith and then waste another year with Mahomes as a starter next year and look to 2019.

KC could start him now and maybe have an amazing 2018 season. You only get a few years with these guys on their rookie deal. Why waste that on the bench?

KC can stay with Smith and then waste another year with Mahomes as a starter next year and look to 2019.

KC could start him now and maybe have an amazing 2018 season. You only get a few years with these guys on their rookie deal. Why waste that on the bench?

THIS^^^^^^^^^

Play him now, and next year we roll..Versus, next year being his "learning year".

Archived